2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'm in the very small minority who wants to keep Bertuzzi but if we can get some more 1st round picks... would be hard to say no.
If there were any chance of signing him, sure. But the absolute most I'd give him is 4yrs and $6M. And even then the $6M is making me twitchy given his history of game to game availability. If we can land a 1st, I'm down.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
If there were any chance of signing him, sure. But the absolute most I'd give him is 4yrs and $6M. And even then the $6M is making me twitchy given his history of game to game availability. If we can land a 1st, I'm down.
Yeah, I just think he's gonna rebound and I think selling him at his lowest value is just not a good idea (outside of getting a 1st+...). A healthy Bertuzzi is an excellent player who's gonna stand for his teammates too. We need more of those, not less. But he has not been himself this season (seems to have less fire in him), I'm not sure if it's because of the trade rumors or whatnot but it's sad to see. I hope he finds his game again or he really is on his way out. Maybe I underestimate how much the injuries have affected him.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, I just think he's gonna rebound and I think selling him at his lowest value is just not a good idea (outside of getting a 1st+...). A healthy Bertuzzi is an excellent player who's gonna stand for his teammates too. We need more of those, not less. But he has not been himself this season (seems to have less fire in him), I'm not sure if it's because of the trade rumors or whatnot but it's sad to see. I hope he finds his game again or he really is on his way out. Maybe I underestimate how much the injuries have affected him.
The next two days are our only available time to sell, high, low, whatever. I can get the slightly more timid nature. Last year of contract before first shot at free agency. Injured in training camp. Injured in 2nd game. Play a week after missing a month plus, injured again. Miss 2 months come back, lower body issue and miss more time. But it's a double-edged sword because timid Bertuzzi is not a Bertuzzi that's going to cash in in the summer.

Reactions: Realgud

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Has there ever been a germanic mafia in NHL history? If we draft Reinbacher it all but guarantees that at some
point in time Draisatal and or Stutzle will be a Detroit Red Wing.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Reactions: wingerdinger

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
San Jose and their farm system had a German group back in the early 2000s. Sturm, Ehrhoff, Patzold, Goc.

Don’t many of those guys work in developmental roles in the DEL now? I vaguely remember something around the 2020 draft mentioning they were part of the surge of good young Germans.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Reinbacher to Detroit, it just makes sense in so many levels. During the WJC i had though that since Hronek is playing well and Yzerman likes SHL as developmental ground, maybe Red Wings picks Sandin-Pellikka but obviously it's not going to happen anymore.

No D-men under 6'2''
sincerely
Stephen Gregory Yzerman

Reactions: Realgud

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Reinbacher to Detroit, it just makes sense in so many levels. During the WJC i had though that since Hronek is playing well and Yzerman likes SHL as developmental ground, maybe Red Wings picks Sandin-Pellikka but obviously it's not going to happen anymore.

No D-men under 6'2''
sincerely
Stephen Gregory Yzerman
I think that's what Yzerman prefers but they did draft smaller dmen like Johansson, Viro, Plandowski...

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
Watched Reinbacher again today in the NL... he's just so good. I'm not the biggest Moore fan but his upside in undeniable. I'd be happy with these 2 for sure.
I've watched two of the recent NTDP games. Moore looks better than Smith to me. I was looking at the stats on their time with the NTDP, and Moore has roughly the same number of points Larkin had, but in 15 fewer games. Maybe Moore has better linemates, I don't know. But he looks very good to me.

Fyodorov

Apr 20, 2021
I've watched two of the recent NTDP games. Moore looks better than Smith to me. I was looking at the stats on their time with the NTDP, and Moore has roughly the same number of points Larkin had, but in 15 fewer games. Maybe Moore has better linemates, I don't know. But he looks very good to me.

Moore has worse linemates (well, until the last two games where he was with Eiserman and Hagens) but aside from being a better skater, I don't think there is a single thing Moore does even remotely as well as Smith.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Holy shit Walman is so nasty dude

Wrong thread oops. Enjoying the draft takes in here, keeps me updated. Haven’t caught much amateur hockey this year unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad