Prospect Info: 2023 Draft #6: D Dimitri Simashev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
The agent told about the reaction of Simashev
"It's not such a big shock. All NHL draft ratings are the work of sofa critics. We understood that Dima was one of the best defenders of this draft. A year ago, he promised me that he would come to North America and interview NHL clubs without an interpreter. That's what he did, talking to everyone fluently in English, gave interviews on radio and television, showed what kind of person he is. Due to this, he was rewarded today. Before the draft pick, I told him that he would be chosen, and he didn't even believe it. That's why he had such a reaction," Milstein told RIA Novosti.
“Sofa critics” :laugh:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
We never had the budget or staff to do traditional scouting effectively. Chayka used video and metrics in lieu of proper scouting because it’s what he could do to bridge the gap. Those before him didn’t do that. Probably put because of technology limitations and there being no real precedent for this. Obviously a fully fleshed out actual scouting department is idea. But spreadsheets and InStat is better than a bare bones staff of part timers covering multiple time zones each.

———————————

Important reminder for us all about “Consensus” picks

my recollection was Zadina or Hughes, Hughes or Zadina. Coyotes with OEL and Chychrun probably didn't see a need for another LHD. but I don't think it was exclusively Zadina.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Time will tell, but personally after watching some of his video's, I think SImashev will prove to be a steal at 6oa. Just love everything about his defensive game.

......and yes I realize there's a lot more than watching video's.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I'm a bit concerned with what's going on in Ukraine. I don't mean to be at all political,
but as this war drags on, I'm worried that either Russian athletes will be prohibited to travel
or work in the west, or worse if there is a push to increase the size of Russian forces, our Russian
prospects end up in the Army.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm a bit concerned with what's going on in Ukraine. I don't mean to be at all political,
but as this war drags on, I'm worried that either Russian athletes will be prohibited to travel
or work in the west, or worse if there is a push to increase the size of Russian forces, our Russian
I’m not worried about it.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

If I had to choose between the war ending, de-escalating, stalemate, or escalating, my vote would be for the last option. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Reactions: Nowotny

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If I had to choose between the war ending, de-escalating, stalemate, or escalating, my vote would be for the last option. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
Huh? You mean preference or likelihood?

I’m too cynical to think the powers that be have any real ideological motives that will spiral this out of control. I’m assuming it’s just about money and they won’t let things get too bad for business. But I’m also dumb and I don’t know anything because I’m too lazy to pay any attention. I thought the whole pandemic thing was real and scary. That turned out to just be mostly a cash grab too. I’m going to lazily and stupidly assume everything is from here on out and not bother to look into any of it.

I’ll pay attention to hockey for fun and my business for money. Politics? Nah.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Huh? You mean preference or likelihood?

I’m too cynical to think the powers that be have any real ideological motives that will spiral this out of control. I’m assuming it’s just about money and they won’t let things get too bad for business. But I’m also dumb and I don’t know anything because I’m too lazy to pay any attention. I thought the whole pandemic thing was real and scary. That turned out to just be mostly a cash grab too. I’m going to lazily and stupidly assume everything is from here on out and not bother to look into any of it.

I’ll pay attention to hockey for fun and my business for money. Politics? Nah.

My preference doesn't matter. This is what I think will happen. If the war was about money, Putin never would have started it. It's about Vlad's obsession with restoring the pre-1917 Russian Empire.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm thankful that I can ignore this stupid war and enjoy my life. If I were born in Ukraine I might've been forced into service by now.

So far my favourite hockey team hasn't been hindered by this shit-show. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the risk that it'll turn against the Coyotes.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

I think Reinbacher and Simashev are pretty similar. I think Simashev is bigger, faster, stronger, meaner and better defensively. I think Reinbacher is pretty solid in all those areas but is much better on the PP, has a better shot, is a RD, and is not from Russia. So some major mitigating factors. I think pretty similar prospects all-in-all.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm hoping for schadenfreude sake that Simashev emerges as the clear-cut best D out of the draft, making idiots out of all the haters. Even if he doesn't develop an offensive game he should be a slightly bigger, faster Gavrikov.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm hoping for schadenfreude sake that Simashev emerges as the clear-cut best D out of the draft, making idiots out of all the haters. Even if he doesn't develop an offensive game he should be a slightly bigger, faster Gavrikov.
Yep. With 99% of the people offering extremely strong, definitive, absolute opinions and conclusions about him and his draft position being people who’ve literally never seen him play even a single hockey game in their entire lives, I’d love for him to shock the world and become dominant.

This draft has taught me valuable lessons about how many fakers there are out there. i read so many scouting reports this year that were such obvuous malarkey. I’m not a scout but many were so obviously written by someone who just never watched the players. You could really tell a lot about an online source based on how they described Daniil But. A lot of fakers out there.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
why did OEL’s skills apparently diminish so quickly?
Injuries. He was reliant on good skating to open up a lane laterally and getting the shot off fast enough to beat anyone closing the gap. Injuries affecting both of those aspects means far reduced opportunities to take those shots. His stickwork was always good defensively too, but it's not like that can ever make up for what he lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad