Prospect Info: 2023 Draft #6: D Dimitri Simashev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
If we all agreed, human history wouldn’t be defined by war and conquest. Violence against ourselves is as human as art and music. We are a species of conquerors.
Respectfully, no. You have just been deceived and conditioned to believe this. As we all have. We are all one with each other and the universe itself, but collective human consciousness has not yet fully realized this. I think we are beginning to though. We are species of lost, scared, manipulated people that have not had the spiritual awakening required to realize that we can accomplish far far more pooling resources and working together, than we can fighting and killing each other. You would think this would be common sense for an intelligent species…but I guess intelligence and wisdom are different things.

Reactions: lanky

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I’ve seen about 45 sec of tape on Shimshov. Less on But. I suspect that the vast majority of the critics out there haven’t seen much more. Picking on the Coyotes is a high reward/low risk action given the general animosity against the team in parts North.
it was the same when we selected Wheeler in 2004. I recall being at the 2006 draft in Vancouver and overhearing a Canuck fan railing on the Coyotes for the selection of Wheeler in 2004 and how stupid the organization was. Of course in 2006, he was looking like a bust but 15 years later and Wheeler was an astute pick.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Respectfully, no. You have just been deceived and conditioned to believe this. As we all have. We are all one with each other and the universe itself, but collective human consciousness has not yet fully realized this. I think we are beginning to though. We are species of lost, scared, manipulated people that have not had the spiritual awakening required to realize that we can accomplish far far more pooling resources and working together, than we can fighting and killing each other. You would think this would be common sense for an intelligent species…but I guess intelligence and wisdom are different things.
Dude, I think it is you that is naive to think that everyone can find a common goal. Greed and Power have existed forever in the human race and spiritual awakening won't cure that ever.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Dude, I think it is you that is naive to think that everyone can find a common goal. Greed and Power have existed forever in the human race and spiritual awakening won't cure that ever.
Of course they’ve existed forever and will continue to. What does cure it? Or does anything, in your opinion? I would argue the only cure for people more pulled by these things is personal growth/spiritual awakening. If it’s naive to think that an individual can grow and learn to move beyond motivations of greed or power, and leave them behind, then what are we even doing here man? Kind of a bleak outlook…

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Of course they’ve existed forever and will continue to. What does cure it? Or does anything, in your opinion? I would argue the only cure for people more pulled by these things is personal growth/spiritual awakening. If it’s naive to think that an individual can grow and learn to move beyond motivations of greed or power, and leave them behind, then what are we even doing here man? Kind of a bleak outlook…
Bud, I'm not saying that some people can't experience a spiritual awakening, of course they can...however, 100% of the population wouldn't and that is the issue. Do I ever think that it can be cured to where everyone exists in harmony? No, because there will always be people who work harder than others and will want to be rewarded for it...or those that don't work hard, but feel they 'deserve' it and the train will be off the tracks.

You will never get 100% harmony, pipe dream, will never happen.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Bud, I'm not saying that some people can't experience a spiritual awakening, of course they can...however, 100% of the population wouldn't and that is the issue. Do I ever think that it can be cured to where everyone exists in harmony? No, because there will always be people who work harder than others and will want to be rewarded for it...or those that don't work hard, but feel they 'deserve' it and the train will be off the tracks.

You will never get 100% harmony, pipe dream, will never happen.
Of course it sounds pie in the sky naive man, I realize. But the thing is that it doesn’t happen with a snap of the fingers and then boom 100% of the people are there. It’s a gradual process. If enough people adopt a personal growth mindset and make it one of their primary life missions to be the best possible version of themselves they can be and then they have kids and pass that mindset onto them etc…you start to see gradual progress and a gradual awakening.

I also think that this is something that is contagious because I don’t know if anyone other than me has noticed, but people who live for more than themselves, love their neighbors, have close knit families and are involved in their community, tend to be happier people most of the time…and are usually people others admire and want to follow. You also have to take into account the evolution of collective human consciousness…everyone realizes it’s not a good thing to go around stealing people’s resources and making up reasons why it’s ok to kill each other, right? So how much longer will people stand for it and how much longer will people willingly comply and follow orders to do so? I would guess not forever, but who knows haha. I’m obviously an optimist!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I've had moments of clarity in my life so I get where you are coming from. That being said I think a lot of society is just concerned about having a place to sleep or food to eat right now.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Of course it sounds pie in the sky naive man, I realize. But the thing is that it doesn’t happen with a snap of the fingers and then boom 100% of the people are there. It’s a gradual process. If enough people adopt a personal growth mindset and make it one of their primary life missions to be the best possible version of themselves they can be and then they have kids and pass that mindset onto them etc…you start to see gradual progress and a gradual awakening.

I also think that this is something that is contagious because I don’t know if anyone other than me has noticed, but people who live for more than themselves, love their neighbors, have close knit families and are involved in their community, tend to be happier people most of the time…and are usually people others admire and want to follow. You also have to take into account the evolution of collective human consciousness…everyone realizes it’s not a good thing to go around stealing people’s resources and making up reasons why it’s ok to kill each other, right? So how much longer will people stand for it and how much longer will people willingly comply and follow orders to do so? I would guess not forever, but who knows haha. I’m obviously an optimist!
Foggy, you've already won and you don't know it. You've found peace and are experiencing the best of life has to offer...dude, take the win. You can't fix everyone and you'll be miserable if you try.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I've had moments of clarity in my life so I get where you are coming from. That being said I think a lot of society is just concerned about having a place to sleep or food to eat right now.
I fully agree. But there are different types of poverty. Some of those people in the middle of what we would normally consider poverty, may be more rich spiritually or relationally than many people that are more financially well off. You just never know until you meet them. Plenty of examples of “poor” people being happier and in a better state of mind than “rich” people.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Foggy, you've already won and you don't know it. You've found peace and are experiencing the best of life has to offer...dude, take the win. You can't fix everyone and you'll be miserable if you try.
I hear you! Not really going to “try” per se…just going to do what I can within my own sphere of influence but I have faith that many people can and will get there all on their own with the right examples for them to follow. Good talk man, have a goodnight 👍

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I’ve seen about 45 sec of tape on Shimshov. Less on But. I suspect that the vast majority of the critics out there haven’t seen much more. Picking on the Coyotes is a high reward/low risk action given the general animosity against the team in parts North.
Normally I can look past misspelling on Forum40 but you really got to learn how to spell Simashev Mr. Bongsai Tree. :wg:

• Haha
Reactions: Sinurgy

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I hear you! Not really going to “try” per se…just going to do what I can within my own sphere of influence but I have faith that many people can and will get there all on their own with the right examples for them to follow. Good talk man, have a goodnight 👍
I think I'm sensing a broader awakening too.
The pandemic was pivotal for a couple reasons.
1) people had some time away from the daily grind to think big
2) the lies of the mainstream media and the corporate - governmental corruption all became harder to ignore or deny

I think many people are finding better sources of information and analysis that are helping them think differently. Unfortunately screens are in front of us more than ever.

Reactions: Jakey53

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I think I'm sensing a broader awakening too.
The pandemic was pivotal for a couple reasons.
1) people had some time away from the daily grind to think big
2) the lies of the mainstream media and the corporate - governmental corruption all became harder to ignore or deny

I think many people are finding better sources of information and analysis that are helping them think differently. Unfortunately screens are in front of us more than ever.
Agreed brother. Unfortunate also that the powers that be know full well that mainstream media is on its last legs and no longer holds the power it once did, so you can bet that they have already moved on to their next method of mass manipulation. I’ve tried to stop worrying about it too much because it’s out of my control. Too easy to get sucked into a negative vibe. If we stay positive and focus on building and engaging with our families and communities I think we’ll be alright!

Reactions: Jakey53 and lanky

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Speaking of Fedotov, where is he supposed to be playing this year? KHL or Tucson?
He signed ANOTHER 3yrs in Russian. He’s a long way away.

Nice, I’ve heard a little about Demidov but I’ll have to look into them more. Would be cool if Fedotov ends up being a decent player too…
Demidov is neck and neck with Celebrini for 1st overall.

Chernyshov is right but BA’s alley. Big burley winger with tons of skill, skates like the wind and isn’t afraid to go hard to the inside.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
He signed ANOTHER 3yrs in Russian. He’s a long way away.

Demidov is neck and neck with Celebrini for 1st overall.

Chernyshov is right but BA’s alley. Big burley winger with tons of skill, skates like the wind and isn’t afraid to go hard to the inside.
Oh wow, so he’ll be 23-24 years old before he even gets a chance to be on the team. Interesting. I wonder if seeing his two countrymen get drafted this year will light a little extra fire under him and he’ll take a nice step forward. You would assume they like playing with each other when they have the chance, but I guess it’s the same as guys from any other country…they aren’t always going to get along or be best buds just because of where they’re from. A lot of the current Russian NHLers seem to relish the chance to play together though…

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Oh wow, so he’ll be 23-24 years old before he even gets a chance to be on the team. Interesting. I wonder if seeing his two countrymen get drafted this year will light a little extra fire under him and he’ll take a nice step forward. You would assume they like playing with each other when they have the chance, but I guess it’s the same as guys from any other country…they aren’t always going to get along or be best buds just because of where they’re from. A lot of the current Russian NHLers seem to relish the chance to play together though…

I wish that was the case but unfortunately he signed right after or during development camp. So post draft. He's been playing well by all accounts but just doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get here like Duda does.

This will be a huge test for our Russian scout, because no matter how good these kids are, if he misjudges their desire to play in NA it will be a huge miss. We have now used two early 2nds and two top 15 picks on Russians. I sure hope it pays off.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wish that was the case but unfortunately he signed right after or during development camp. So post draft. He's been playing well by all accounts but just doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get here like Duda does.

This will be a huge test for our Russian scout, because no matter how good these kids are, if he misjudges their desire to play in NA it will be a huge miss. We have now used two early 2nds and two top 15 picks on Russians. I sure hope it pays off.

Fedotov's two brothers were involved in that extension. It seems he was coerced a bit, but also will be paid more than the AHL. I don't think it's a huge reflection on anyone. Just less than ideal for impatient fans.

Reactions: Grimes

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Fedotov's two brothers were involved in that extension. It seems he was coerced a bit, but also will be paid more than the AHL. I don't think it's a huge reflection on anyone. Just less than ideal for impatient fans.

Awesome thanks for the clarification. I thought it was odd that more wasn't brought up by BA when the contract was signed. Especially since in some of the behind the scenes from last year's draft there were lots of quotes about "coming over to play". And like we are seeing with Duda, there's ways out of these contracts of push comes to shove. The KHL is a great spot for development, we know we have a scout out there so there will be a set of eyes on these kids and we know our scouting team doesn't mind finding way to get out there for viewings.

Wonder if we would ever try to sign his brothers to make the transition easier ala OEL's lil bro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad