Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Not fast enough, Josh!

Good news, even though there's no ETA. I believe it's the first time they've put it on the record in some form.

It has been in the planning docs for a while. The area has to get re-zoned and the Nuggets/Avs stuff is leverage to get cheap land and low taxes.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
May I ask a clarifying question on this: So he'd need waivers for the initial registration of the contract, but would he still have waiver exemption if he passed after that initial registration? So, for instance he signs mid-season, passes waivers for the registration, but then doesn't break camp w/ the Avs next year, would he need waivers again or would he still maintain some sort of exemption?
He would have the normal waivers exemption once he passed though the first time... IIRC he's 21, so 3 years 80 games. There is a just a quirk that if any player not on a reserve list signs after playing 1 professional game in a league outside the NHL, they must pass waivers to have the contract registered. After that it is normal.

Avs could alternatively wait until March 1 and sign him for the 24-25 league year. He wouldn't have to pass through waivers, but wouldn't be able to play in the NHL. He would then have a 22 signing age and have a 3 years 70 games exemption.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
Avs could alternatively wait until March 1 and sign him for the 24-25 league year. He wouldn't have to pass through waivers, but wouldn't be able to play in the NHL. He would then have a 22 signing age and have a 3 years 70 games exemption.
I'll bet this is the plan.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ivan Ivan and Arvid Homl re-assigned to the AHL.

Really would've liked to have seen Ivan get an ELC, not sure what the f*** he has to do to get one.
Thanks for all the ones keeping us updated because the main website of the Avs simply has given up at this point. I don't think they even released the actual roster for training camp this year on their main site, but I might have missed it buried under all these parts I to VI of content nobody cares about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anders Cain

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Not fast enough, Josh!

Good news, even though there's no ETA. I believe it's the first time they've put it on the record in some form.

I like how he said "working as fast as they can" where one of those logistics is planning and moving an entire amusement park lol. Whatever the case is, it sounds like Avs/Nuggies won't get a new practice arena for at least another five years by the looks of it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I like how he said "working as fast as they can" where one of those logistics is planning and moving an entire amusement park lol. Whatever the case is, it sounds like Avs/Nuggies won't get a new practice arena for at least another five years by the looks of it.
If they REALLY wanted to, they could tear down Elitches or build the facility in the parking lot in ~18 months. No real major permitting or re-zoning issues would crop up. The hold up is getting Denver to sign off on the whole plan which will add a bunch of a mixed use commercial and residential facilities on it.

As I've said forever with KSE, they tied their projects for their teams to ones that make money for their other businesses. You don't get any major investment from them unless their real estate arm gets a slice.

We are likely in the 4-7 year range from the practice facility being completed. I any demolition is done prior to spring 24 with any actual construction staring fall 24 to spring 25. Then 2 years to build. If these facilities even opened in fall 26, I'd be shocked.

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
Agreed. I wouldn't know shit if it wasn't for these boards lol
Thanks for all the ones keeping us updated because the main website of the Avs simply has given up at this point. I don't think they even released the actual roster for training camp this year on their main site, but I might have missed it buried under all this part I to XI of content nobody cares about.

Reactions: Metallo and S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If they REALLY wanted to, they could tear down Elitches or build the facility in the parking lot in ~18 months. No real major permitting or re-zoning issues would crop up. The hold up is getting Denver to sign off on the whole plan which will add a bunch of a mixed use commercial and residential facilities on it.

As I've said forever with KSE, they tied their projects for their teams to ones that make money for their other businesses. You don't get any major investment from them unless their real estate arm gets a slice.

We are likely in the 4-7 year range from the practice facility being completed. I any demolition is done prior to spring 24 with any actual construction staring fall 24 to spring 25. Then 2 years to build. If these facilities even opened in fall 26, I'd be shocked.
I agree with you, but they're not tearing down Elitches until they have a replacement land for it. I don't see how the City of Denver would sign off on that until a solution is resolved. Next, I mentioned this in one of my previous posts, but there are major railway lines that run right through the proposed area that needs a solution as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I agree with you, but they're not tearing down Elitches until they have a replacement land for it. I don't see how the City of Denver would sign off on that until a solution is resolved. Next, I mentioned this in one of my previous posts, but there are major railway lines that run right through the proposed area that needs a solution as well.
Yeah the larger project and the requirement to it being tied to the development is a real issue. Financially, I totally get it from KSE. Expensive and get what you can. Just that I'd hope fans can see through the charade of strictly having it tied. They have land today they can develop practice facilities on if they really desired... with or without Elitches.

KSE is still working on getting the Rams facility... 7 years later.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

This doesn't sound like they are going to target a goalie via waivers or trade. I know Bednar isn't going to give anything away. It wouldn't be the first time he talked about players like this, and then The Avs went out and made a trade, but this sounds like Georgiev/Annunen tandem to start the year.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Let makar play the game and if he isn't at least 95% shut him down for another month.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

This doesn't sound like they are going to target a goalie via waivers or trade. I know Bednar isn't going to give anything away. It wouldn't be the first time he talked about players like this, and then The Avs went out and made a trade, but this sounds like Georgiev/Annunen tandem to start the year.

Release the Chipmunk!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad