Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Even 2022 deadline, they didn't really send out the high value assets. But it is definitely the best example of management being willing to pay to get players that will help.

Even last year they did move a 2nd for Eller... I'd venture to guess a 2nd round pick will be in play this year at the very least :laugh:

When you think about it, if you get Eller back for a few games of your 2nd rounder, it's not the best asset management.

Management probably believes they can find bargains during the off-season and rather spend their assets there. Deadline there's a lot of competition for the known pieces.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
When you think about it, if you get Eller back for a few games of your 2nd rounder, it's not the best asset management.

Management probably believes they can find bargains during the off-season and rather spend their assets there. Deadline there's a lot of competition for the known pieces.
Based on recent history, the upcoming deadline should be a good one for the Avs. This year wasn’t good, 2nd for Eller, year before was very good, it led them to a cup, so to follow the pattern, expect good things this year. Although for me, the deadline acquisition are gonna be Kovalenko who’s gonna be good for the Avs, and Landy coming back for the playoffs. You can’t get better than that on a deadline

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Based on recent history, the upcoming deadline should be a good one for the Avs. This year wasn’t good, 2nd for Eller, year before was very good, it led them to a cup, so to follow the pattern, expect good things this year. Although for me, the deadline acquisition are gonna be Kovalenko who’s gonna be good for the Avs, and Landy coming back for the playoffs. You can’t get better than that on a deadline
The_fan, I will tell you. I watched Kovie play a few days ago and I have a feeling that he might one day wear an A on his jersey. He is such a hard working player that Val and Rants will be glad that he is on their team.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The_fan, I will tell you. I watched Kovie play a few days ago and I have a feeling that he might one day wear an A on his jersey. He is such a hard working player that Val and Rants will be glad that he is on their team.
Love to hear it

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I still think the Landy contract was a handshake agreement to gain an extra protection spot in the Seattle expansion draft.

Avs have options to ditch salary just depends how loyal they want to be. Players that could be moved out for salary depending how their season goes include:

- Manson
- Johansen
- Francouz
- Tatar
- McDermaid

With minimal impact to the lineup if said player isn't healthy or producing.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I feel the hold up on Toews possible extension is Landy's health.

If Landy can't play, Toews can easily be offered ~7 mill+. If Landy comes back, than you have to think about shipping out Girard, etc.

Sorry to break it to you but I think Toews starts with a 9.

• Wow

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I’d say 8 mill AAV is fair for Toews, but the term is kind of tricky. He’s gonna be 30 soon, how much term you give him?

• Wow

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
8*8.X for Toews, who will last till 40 (with multiple Avalanche Injuries TM)

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Give him full term for 6.5-7m and worry about it later

6.5 million? Lol. I guess if you want him to balk at that offer and leave then so be it.

There would be 29 Dmen paid higher than him which would be a slap in the face considering he is a top 10 Dman in the league.

He will be getting 8 x 8.75 mil. Just slightly below Makar and on par with Pietrangelo as the 12 highest paid dman on the league.

Reactions: The Moops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad