Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
The rest of the team is just happy they didn't get caught with their drunken prostitutes.

giphy-40.gif

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
It's going to be a whole lot of nothing. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Who cares what he says? The dude messed up and he knows it. All that matter is that he apologizes to his team mates and shows up to camp ready to go.

Reactions: Azrael89

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I’m not worried about that line defensively. MacK and Rants can handle themselves just fine defensively, and they’ll be on the attack so much it won’t matter. MacKinnon and Rantanen with anyone is going to tilt the ice.

My concern is roster balance. The second line is so much more threatening with Rantanen on it. The Avs are really banking on Johansen having a big year if they play Mikko on the 1st line.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I’m not worried about that line defensively. MacK and Rants can handle themselves just fine defensively, and they’ll be on the attack so much it won’t matter. MacKinnon and Rantanen with anyone is going to tilt the ice.

My concern is roster balance. The second line is so much more threatening with Rantanen on it. The Avs are really banking on Johansen having a big year if they play Mikko on the 1st line.
That is certainly an opinion.

Reactions: Nihiliste

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Mack is better than he was and Mikko can be decent as well but overall the three of them together is barely average defensively IMO. To tilt the ice offensively you also need to win the puck in your own zone.

I agree 100% about roster balance and I would add that Nuke and Lehky don't work together as well.

Last edited:

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Mack is better than he was and Mikko can be decent as well but overall the three of them together is barely average defensively IMO. To tilt the ice offensively you also need to win the puck in your own zone.

I agree 100% about roster balance and I would add that Nuke and Lehky doesn't work together as well.

Drouin is awful defensively, I don’t worry about the other two.

It’s so early on, so who knows what they’re going to do with lines. If they go with that combination I suspect Bednar will drop Drouin down the lineup later in games when they’re protecting the leads.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Drouin is awful defensively, I don’t worry about the other two.

It’s so early on, so who knows what they’re going to do with lines, but If they go with that combination, Drouin is going to get dropped down the lineup later in games when they’re protecting the leads.
I'm sure will see that line at some point especially when down by a goal late in the game.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That is certainly an opinion.

Knowing the MacKinnon line will be out almost exclusively with Toews - Makar, I'm a bit less worried about the forwards being defensive juggernauts. MacKinnon and Rantanen can get it done with that D pairing.

But I'd much prefer Nuke up there so Mikko can help RoJo who probably won't be able to carry the second line.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nuke
Lehkonen - RyJo - Rantanen

And swap Nuke/Lehkonen as needed.

Reactions: Miri

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

As I said earlier, Jaroslav Halak may sign with Colorado since Francouz is out long-term
Some Slovak insider. I don't know if he's just putting 1+1=2, or if he has some information. Any ways, Halak as a goalie is guy I'd like for a backup. How this situation is sorted contractually, is a different matter. If Francouz is healthy at some point, I don't know how enthusiastic Halak would be going to waivers or something.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Some Slovak insider. I don't know if he's just putting 1+1=2, or if he has some information. Any ways, Halak as a goalie is guy I'd like for a backup. How this situation is sorted contractually, is a different matter. If Francouz is healthy at some point, I don't know how enthusiastic Halak would be going to waivers or something.

I’d just move Francouz for nothing if possible. If we can sign Halak for ~900k or something that would be some nice cap savings.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'd rather go with a waiver pickup just because it could potentially lead to a longer-term thing if we can successfully get him to the AHL when/if Frankie gets healthy. That said, Halak would be perfectly fine. I just hope they add a competent goalie. The one consistent complaint I've had during the Sakic era has been the lack of depth in goal.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'd rather go with a waiver pickup just because it could potentially lead to a longer-term thing if we can successfully get him to the AHL when/if Frankie gets healthy. That said, Halak would be perfectly fine. I just hope they add a competent goalie. The one consistent complaint I've had during the Sakic era has been the lack of depth in goal.
Vladar could be a long term solution. Depends how much he'll cost if Calgary is just trying to get rid of him to give Wolf the starter job.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Vladar could be a long term solution. Depends how much he'll cost if Calgary is just trying to get rid of him to give Wolf the starter job.
If Vladar is a guy we want, then he will be available at the deadline/next offseason. There's no rush to trade for him. The situation as it stands just calls for a stopgap to fill in until Frankie is back. If Frank's injury is long term/reoccuring and the replacement can't hack it, then we look for other options going into the POs

Reactions: MarkT

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Did anyone else get aroused watching this? I know I certainly did. Aroused with joy that is ! Make sure we keep in PG13+
You are happy all the time, so aroused with joy all the time. :D

I’d just move Francouz for nothing if possible. If we can sign Halak for ~900k or something that would be some nice cap savings.

True. At this point moving him for Halak would be an upgrade and less money potentially.

• Love
Reactions: Sea Eagles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad