Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Trade Bo for Lundell, run Colton as LW till lehkonen returns and Lundell as 3c.

The only issue is Lundell needs a new contract next season.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
If you trade Byram you gotta find a young center with upside, preferably one that the team doesn't believe they can keep long term. So basically Trevor Zegras.

I know you think that Zegras will be 1C in Anaheim long term but I doubt that's what they have in mind. Verbeek likes guys like Carlsson and McTavish a lot more than the Zegras type.

I was just looking at Anaheim's roster when thinking if we could move Manson back there as a cap dump and came across Zegras and his affordable contract.

A Byram for Zegras trade would work for both teams. We need a young center and Anaheim needs a Dman and they have Carlsson and McTavish as their 1-2 punch down the middle.

But if we move Byram we would be relying on Manson and Girard as the #3 and #4 Dmen and they can't stay healthy. Neither can Byram though.

If we really want to blow it up maybe we can get Dillon Dube and Chris Tanev from Calgary for Sam Girard and get out of Manson's contract by moving him to Winnipeg for pending UFA Dylan Demelo.

Johansen- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Nichushkin- Zegras- Dube
Lehkonen- Colton- Kovalenko
Wood- Cogliano- O'Connor
Olofsson

Toews - Makar
Demelo - Tanev
Johnson - Jones
Malinski

Our D would take a significant hit but our forward group would be drastically improved and we still have Mikhail Gulyayev and Sean Behrens ready to come up soon.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I was just looking at Anaheim's roster when thinking if we could move Manson back there as a cap dump and came across Zegras and his affordable contract.

A Byram for Zegras trade would work for both teams. We need a young center and Anaheim needs a Dman and they have Carlsson and McTavish as their 1-2 punch down the middle.

But if we move Byram we would be relying on Manson and Girard as the #3 and #4 Dmen and they can't stay healthy. Neither can Byram though.

If we really want to blow it up maybe we can get Dillon Dube and Chris Tanev from Calgary for Sam Girard and get out of Manson's contract by moving him to Winnipeg for pending UFA Dylan Demelo.

Johansen- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Nichushkin- Zegras- Dube
Lehkonen- Colton- Kovalenko
Wood- Cogliano- O'Connor
Olofsson

Toews - Makar
Demelo - Tanev
Johnson - Jones
Malinski

Our D would take a significant hit but our forward group would be drastically improved and we still have Mikhail Gulyayev and Sean Behrens ready to come up soon.
Why would Manson waive his NTC for WPG?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd trade Byram for Zegras in a heartbeat.

That's a misconception with Verbeek. Verbeek at forward likes supremely skilled guys and thinks defense and grit can be taught. If he can get both from the start, of course he'd like that... but this is the guy that pounded the table for Vrana and Raymond in Detroit.
Yeah I would too.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Honestly Byram to Anaheim is a great fit. They have 3 young centers there so they can "afford" to lose one and they'd be crazy to not want to recreate the Byram/Drysdale pairing.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
The team we needed to implode and sell us their center before he broke out was the Mild.
JEE would have been the perfect fit for this team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
After watching G and Toews recently, how are we still talking about trading Bo?

You ruin this D core and it doesn't matter who's at 2C, just like it didn't matter when they had a bad D core with MacKinnon-Duchene-ROR at center.

This place is hilarious. For all the talk about the lack of production 2C, and overpaying players, Zegras has a 65 point career high, 2 points in 12 games this year, and will be looking for a massive raise no matter what.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Why are we talking about trading Bo for Duchene 2.0?
Dutchy 2.0 (couple years ago when still playing C) would be an amazing get for this roster as a 2C.
But if we're working to slander Zegras can we all just commit to the Rob Schremp narrative.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Mintyukov has looked excellent, not sure they’d be all that interested in Bo

Yeah I can't imagine they would be. They've got a great young group on the back end already.

I think for a Bo trade partner, maybe you could look at Chicago, Vancouver, Edmonton, Florida, Montreal, just to name a few.

The issue is I don't really see any of those teams with the young 2Cs with upside that look appealing to the Avs. Lundell in Florida is perhaps the only guy.

We might end up in a position where we have to trade a Dman(Not necessarily Bo but he would return the most) purely for future assets, then look to flip those futures to a rebuilding team for the 2C we want. But again not really sure who that team would be, it's hard to pick out exactly what teams are otw to rebuild territory right now. Quite frankly I don't really see any that are entering a fresh rebuild this year. Teams like Winnipeg and Calgary probably should be but ownership won't allow it so.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Dutchy 2.0 (couple years ago when still playing C) would be an amazing get for this roster as a 2C.
But if we're working to slander Zegras can we all just commit to the Rob Schremp narrative.
Zegras in general as 2C, it would be a good get.

Maybe this year Zegras for Bo is an improvement but Toews-Cale G-Manson already looks rough and is only going to keep getting worse. That’s relying a lot of Behrens and Malinski to become top 4D overnight or Jones to suddenly become one and stick

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'd trade Byram for Zegras in a heartbeat.

That's a misconception with Verbeek. Verbeek at forward likes supremely skilled guys and thinks defense and grit can be taught. If he can get both from the start, of course he'd like that... but this is the guy that pounded the table for Vrana and Raymond in Detroit.

I would do Byram for Zegras as well but I'm not sure Anaheim would.
Zegras is a winger and he plays the game like Johnny Gaudreau... not that's necessarily a bad thing, he's highly skilled but certainly not what the Avs need for a #2C.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Honestly Byram to Anaheim is a great fit. They have 3 young centers there so they can "afford" to lose one and they'd be crazy to not want to recreate the Byram/Drysdale pairing.
Mintyukov, Zellweger, Luneau, Drysdale, LaCombe, Helleson, Warren, Hinds... maybe one of the last teams that needs Byram. And despite his skill I don't think Zegras is a guy that helps you win in the playoffs (like Bo)

Reactions: GeoRox89

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Zegras is a winger and he plays the game like Johnny Gaudreau... not that's necessarily a bad thing, he's highly skilled but certainly not what the Avs need for a #2C.
He’s played center at a high level… just last season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He’s signed for 5.75m for 3 seasons including this one then is a RFA with one year before UFA.
Hmm...so I guess the question we'd have to ask is if we would be happy with this...

Lehkonen-MacKinnon-Johnson
Nichushkin-Zegras-Rantanen

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson

I do not think Bo has been "the" problem or even really "a" problem and to be honest, I'd rather trade either Toews or Girard first, but we desperately need more skill in our top six. I think I'd do it and hope for health and RyJo developing a pulse in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad