Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's an ideal top 6 player to compliment skill players 100%. There's a reason he's at his best next to Mack(or Kadri during the cup run) and at his worst next to RyJo and Nuke. Again not necessarily his fault though because like I said the makeup of the forward core is a mess right now.
I don't think anyone could complement Johansen lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Lehky is a complimentary player, but a damn good one. He can play with skilled guys, do a lot of dirty work, and leech off some points to where he makes you think there is legit scoring ability there. But he's not a guy who can drive a line and ideally, he should always be the third best player on the line. If he's that, he's amazing. If he's expected to be a guy driving the offense as the best or 2nd best player on the line, he's going to struggle.

Teams very rarely have 6 legit top 6 guys and I'd argue Lehky is on that fringe. Just that Lehky is excellent at being the third wheel.

Here's an example of what I mean. Lehky has 8 points on the season, and 4 5v5. 6 of those points in total are with MacK and Rants. 2 of the 5v5 points are with MacK and Rants. Last season Lehky had 51 points and 20 on the PP. 18 of his 20 PP points were with both MacK and Rants (all 20 were with Rants). 10 of his ES points were with both MacK and Rants. 28 of his 51 points were with both of them. Mack specifically... Lehky averaged 2.7 points per 60 with and 1.7 without.

1.7 is still a solid number... but we're talking more 35 point guy than a 50-55 point guy.

When we're talking about him and Nuke... they are really the same types of players. Nuke is just a larger version and at his best he's more impactful and able to drive the play more. At his worse though, he's worse than Lehky. I'd probably choose Lehky over Nuke because of the term and lesser cap hit, but I'd get an argument to the other side too.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Their guy for that this year was Drouin, last year was ERod. Tatar was/is a bit more of a sure thing, but he could be in this category too. They've been in this path before, they just need to consistently hit on these guys and that is awfully hard to do.

I expect G will be traded... how much the Avs get there will be up for debate. His offense is going to have to come back around though. Manson isn't bringing back a thing. His NTC narrows the window significantly, but beyond that, he's an expensive bottom pairing defensemen. We're talking about a team that is one of those 19 spots AND has the ability to overpay a defender for 2 seasons by 2.5-3m.

Apparently Buffalo wanted to do that for this year lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Apparently Buffalo wanted to do that for this year lol.
And this year only… I think it was a smart move to do for that locker room. If you can afford that stuff, you might as well do it.

Chicago is doing it too just more over two years than one.

Saying that, I can’t see Manson having those non-playoff teams that are trying to cusp over into the playoffs over two years on his list.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Lehky would be FAR easier to trade than Nuke....and for good reasons.

I'm not even sure Nuke is tradable with that contract considering his last 15 months of play, the recent off ice stuff and his past struggles.

Put Lehky on the market and teams will line up.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
And this year only… I think it was a smart move to do for that locker room. If you can afford that stuff, you might as well do it.

Chicago is doing it too just more over two years than one.

Saying that, I can’t see Manson having those non-playoff teams that are trying to cusp over into the playoffs over two years on his list.

Maybe Anaheim being good has some benefit to us? I'm reaching for hope here lol.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The issue with trading for a 2C is that there really aren't teams out there with a surplus of centermen. Not good ones anyways, I think every forward in the CBJ organization is now a center but that's not really going to help us.

I suppose CMac could get a GM to stay on the line long enough to mention a first, but by the time he starts listing the player(s) he'd like to send back their way, all he'll have is a dial tone.

The roster is pretty well set due to the cap, so the players and the coaches all need to roll up their collective sleeves and get to work. There's lots to do, thankfully the playoffs don't start next week. They've got time, but they need to start acting professionally and remember people actually paid money to see what they do on the ice.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

I'm not even sure Nuke is tradable with that contract considering his last 15 months of play, the recent off ice stuff and his past struggles.

You make it sound like Nuke has been averaging under 0.5ppg, he’s over 0.8 PPG, and is one of the better two-way wingers in the league.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Last 15 months of play?

Even hobbled last season he was good.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Last 15 months of play?

Didn't he put on a huge heater at the beginning of the season as well? I know that Mikko picked the team up and carried it for the better part of a month, but I want to say that Nuke did it on a smaller scale early on as well.

Reactions: The Moops

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Last 15 months of play?

Yeah, I think Nukes play and it never being good enough unless it results in him becoming the next PPG power forward for this team is the price of his massive failure of a skeleton team that didn't have a prayer with or without him, after he played all year really well with serious discomfort from a sacrifice he made for the logo in playing like a monster in the playoffs to help get us a cup.

That dude can never do enough because he betrayed us all. The dude got fully addicted to while trying to gut it out for this team, and people think he's shit.

It's pathetic to watch people talk shit like they actually know what hard is lol.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Yeah, I think Nukes play and it never being good enough unless it results in him becoming the next PPG power forward for this team is the price of his massive failure of a skeleton team that didn't have a prayer with or without him, after he played all year really well with serious discomfort from a sacrifice he made for the logo in playing like a monster in the playoffs to help get us a cup.

That dude can never do enough because he betrayed us all. The dude got fully addicted to while trying to gut it out for this team, and people think he's shit.

It's pathetic to watch people talk shit like they actually know what hard is lol.

So…what I’m getting out of this is Bo for captain?

Jokes aside, I agree with you. We don’t know all the details, but we did hear that Nuke was having a lot of issues following the off-season surgery. Unfortunately the demands of the professional sports industry isn’t geared towards long term health, but rather making as much as you can of a limited window

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So…what I’m getting out of this is Bo for captain?

Jokes aside, I agree with you. We don’t know all the details, but we did hear that Nuke was having a lot of issues following the off-season surgery. Unfortunately the demands of the professional sports industry isn’t geared towards long term health, but rather making as much as you can of a limited window

Yeah, and I think Nuke was a warrior that stumbled. He's pretty good for that contract and what he does, but he can't drive a line on his own. He isn't Mikko..

Bednar need to look at Mack and Mikko, and Makar and remind them this team goes where they take us. They took those contracts. So they need to be it, if they can't carry this team maybe they should have took less.

Or I guess they wait until the cap goes up and we can build a proper team around them.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
On the trade Girard front... At this point I'd say best case scenario for a return for him would be a similarly paid forward that's also struggling. Even though his analytics have actually been really good this year(Or at least they were after 10 games, haven't looked after the last couple), only 1 point and a -8 just isn't good enough and for a guy his size that's going to be an issue for a lot of teams.

A swap for someone like Connor Garland or Josh Anderson maybe makes sense but we're not getting any sort of a 2C solution or legit Top 6 forward for him at this point, more like taking on a risk with a guy that could be a Top 6 forward for us but could just as easily continue being poor use of cap space.

One name that I'd be curious about keeping tabs on is Nik Ehlers in Winnipeg if they're outside of the playoffs at the deadline.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
IF Jones and Malinski can hold their own going forward, it does open up a lot of questions on the backend. At that point if I'm CMac I seriously start considering a Girard trade around the deadline that includes a forward going with him and a reliable stay-at-home RHD coming back our way .

RyJo
Girard
++

for

Lindholm
Tanev

would be the dream, but something along those lines. a more PG version of this would be:

Girard
Tatar

for

Laughton
Walker

Reactions: BobRossColton

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
One that also hurts is Timmins over Robertson. JRob on this team would have been deadly.
Oh FFS! Timmy was a 2nd rounder when the team was desperate for D prosects who looked damn good until he had the misfortune to get rocked with a concussion.

All the complaints about Jost over Chychrun need to mention the fact this board wanted Logan Brown there.

On the trade Girard front... At this point I'd say best case scenario for a return for him would be a similarly paid forward that's also struggling. Even though his analytics have actually been really good this year(Or at least they were after 10 games, haven't looked after the last couple), only 1 point and a -8 just isn't good enough and for a guy his size that's going to be an issue for a lot of teams.
You could try to sucker Dubas again.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Oh FFS! Timmy was a 2nd rounder when the team was desperate for D prosects who looked damn good until he had the misfortune to get rocked with a concussion.

All the complaints about Jost over Chychrun need to mention the fact this board wanted Logan Brown there.

The issue with Jost and I say this as one of his biggest detractors on this board is that he was literally picked at the same spot 1 year after Rants. I know when we made the pick, even the broadcast was like "Avs got a winner here" and whatnot. In hindsight, the dude just sucks but it is what it is.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Touchy are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad