Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hmm...so I guess the question we'd have to ask is if we would be happy with this...

Lehkonen-MacKinnon-Johnson
Nichushkin-Zegras-Rantanen

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson

I do not think Bo has been "the" problem or even really "a" problem and to be honest, I'd rather trade either Toews or Girard first, but we desperately need more skill in our top six. I think I'd do it and hope for health and RyJo developing a pulse in the playoffs.

That Defense(Makar/Toews/G) would be plenty good enough to win with still... Probably want to get an upgrade on Manson but that wouldn't be nearly as expensive to acquire either.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Oh FFS! Timmy was a 2nd rounder when the team was desperate for D prosects who looked damn good until he had the misfortune to get rocked with a concussion.

All the complaints about Jost over Chychrun need to mention the fact this board wanted Logan Brown there.

You could try to sucker Dubas again.
I remember I was one who wanted brown(I just used to read the board, and not post.)didn’t chychrun have an injury that dropped him a bit?

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Sooner or later the Avs are going to need to move a defensemen. Tying up all this money/value on the backend isn't needed. It's been a mistake keeping it together. You can't even put them into situations where they can succeed and it limits the offensive upside for Byram/Girard.

If you don't think Byram's going to be the guy move him before it's to late. With Girard it already is but saving 2-2.5 mill to spread around before your forced to do it next year no matter what would be nice.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Sooner or later the Avs are going to need to move a defensemen. Tying up all this money/value on the backend isn't needed. It's been a mistake keeping it together. You can't even put them into situations where they can succeed and it limits the offensive upside for Byram/Girard.

If you don't think Byram's going to be the guy move him before it's to late. With Girard it already is but saving 2-2.5 mill to spread around before your forced to do it next year no matter what would be nice.
In my opinion, it's always been about Byram and what he's going to want on a long-term contract.

Is he going to be open to signing a long-term deal that is in line with the kind of player he is right now (middle-pairing guy) OR is he going to be looking for an Owen Power pay-me-for⁻potential type of contract which would be completely out of the realm of what the Avs could or would be willing to pay?

If he's willing to sign a long-term deal that fair for both sides then I can see the Avs keeping him and shipping out Sammy G but if not, he'll be the guy to go.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
In my opinion, it's always been about Byram and what he's going to want on a long-term contract.

Is he going to be open to signing a long-term deal that is in line with the kind of player he is right now (middle-pairing guy) OR is he going to be looking for an Owen Power pay-me-for⁻potential type of contract which would be completely out of the realm of what the Avs could or would be willing to pay?

If he's willing to sign a long-term deal that fair for both sides then I can see the Avs keeping him and shipping out Sammy G but if not, he'll be the guy to go.

It'll be interesting to follow. Hopefully the team can turn things around because if they can't I'm not confident the Avs will do what's necessary. Just don't want last years deadline to be a recurring theme. Basically standing pat until the cap forces you to do something.

I think it'd be smart to make a decision on the defense now(should have done it post cup) but no chance the Avs will do it until things go sideways.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

If they don't move one of Bo/G for a 2C, they'll move Manson. Might have to attach a pick or prospect to get it done, but they're not going to keep him over those top 4 guys.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
If they don't move one of Bo/G for a 2C, they'll move Manson. Might have to attach a pick or prospect to get it done, but they're not going to keep him over those top 4 guys.

I think a 2C would be surprising. Byram is the only player that gets you that or else it'll be risky 2C options like we've seen. I don't think the Avs care about the position like we do here tho so no expectations of that.

I'll settle for just splitting up some of the assets/money spent on the D and improving the forward depth. Not just doing nothing(assuming we don't turn it around which is certainly possible).

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Well well well...

I'm curious if there's a trade to be made around Kadri retained down to what we need and Ryjo.

I don't think Calgary would retain 3M for 6 years (maybe they do?) so maybe we send them more salary and make it a bigger trade with Girard + Tanev involved or get a 3rd team in to retain a small fraction.

I'm not a huge fan of paying Naz 4-5M until he's 39 but he'd likely retire in that time and by the end our window will be over anyway. Plus we are currently paying RyJo 4M for 2 years so why not pay Naz that for a useful 3-4 years as he transitions back to a 3C later on and hopefully get 1 or 2 more Cups out of it.

He loves it here and he fits like a glove. Not sure how many more teams are willing to take on that kind of risk - could be a win-win.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It’s settled now. We need to get Naz and Lindholm plus Tanev yes?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Go get Kadri back or go get Lindholm. Although at this point I think you'd have to look for some retention on Kadri honestly. Maybe like $1M.

Lindholm would be much easier to make work for this year, wouldn't even have to send salary out if we got him at 50% retention. But would be tricky to keep next year.

Kadri would have to involve salary out but would be a solution for more then 1 year and a proven solution that we won with before.

Reactions: cinchronicity

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm curious if there's a trade to be made around Kadri retained down to what we need and Ryjo.

I don't think Calgary would retain 3M for 6 years (maybe they do?) so maybe we send them more salary and make it a bigger trade with Girard + Tanev involved or get a 3rd team in to retain a small fraction.

I'm not a huge fan of paying Naz 4-5M until he's 39 but he'd likely retire in that time and by the end our window will be over anyway. Plus we are currently paying RyJo 4M for 2 years so why not pay Naz that for a useful 3-4 years as he transitions back to a 3C later on and hopefully get 1 or 2 more Cups out of it.

He loves it here and he fits like a glove. Not sure how many more teams are willing to take on that kind of risk - could be a win-win.
Forget Kadri go get Lindholm

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm not feeling a Kadri reunion. As it stands right now, Kadri holds a very special place in my heart. Part of that is because he won a championship with us in his absolute career year and after achieving that goal, we parted ways on good terms. I don't need him to come back and not be able to replicate that magic and become an object of my scorn.

I'd love to know what Lindholm would cost the Avs. Also, what he's looking for on his next deal.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad