Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I wonder how much he'd even want? According to Weekes, he's cup chasing, so he should be looking less right? If we ship Dermy to Abu Dhabi, we can give him 3 million.
Yeah but like @henchman21 says, if or when Frankie comes back, Avs won’t even have that 2 mill. I think this is the roster Avs will go with until the trade deadline then make necessary changes if needed

Reactions: CobraAcesS

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Yeah but like @henchman21 says, if or when Frankie comes back, Avs won’t even have that 2 mill. I think this is the roster Avs will go with until the trade deadline then make necessary changes if needed
I don't think Frankie is coming back. When Bednar didn't flat out dismiss the notion of him missing the season, I think the writing was on the wall.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not sure if this was posted last week, but Cale and EJ had a 100 mph shot the last couple years.

Also Ryan Pulock is a beast. 21 times wtf? There's only 5 other guys with more than 5.

Reactions: sethro109

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Not sure if this was posted last week, but Cale and EJ had a 100 mph shot the last couple years.

Also Ryan Pulock is a beast. 21 times wtf? There's only 5 other guys with more than 5.

EJ doesn't surprise me too much. When he was with Saint Louis he used to launch rockets from the back end for their PP. For whatever reason, he never seemed to do that here.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
EJ doesn't surprise me too much. When he was with Saint Louis he used to launch rockets from the back end for their PP. For whatever reason, he never seemed to do that here.

He did it every once in a while. Used to shoot a lot more, but the additions of Girard, Makar, and Byram changed his role to a mostly defensive defenseman, that didn't have the puck as much.

He still has a bomb of a shot if he can get it past the shin pads. Similar to fighting, power seems to be the last thing to go. Hedman and Gudas at the top of the list as well.

Reactions: sethro109

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I think Kadri and Burakovsky have really been missed.

Those were guys with natural finishing ability, something this roster has in short supply.

Maybe so. But Kadri at 7 mil for the next 7 years and Burakovsky at 5.5 mil for the next 5 years would be horrible. Kadri has been brutal since he left and Burakovsky can't stay healthy.

The smart play was to keep Compher at 5 mil for 2C instead of paying Johansen, Drouin and Tatar 6.5 mil.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Maybe so. But Kadri at 7 mil for the next 7 years and Burakovsky at 5.5 mil for the next 5 years would be horrible. Kadri has been brutal since he left and Burakovsky can't stay healthy.

The smart play was to keep Compher at 5 mil for 2C instead of paying Johansen, Drouin and Tatar 6.5 mil.
No, no it wouldn't have been smart at all. It's a proven failure.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
If the Preds are out of the playoffs, I'm starting to wonder if we should go after Saros. We would have to move George out, but Saros with the Avs-goalie bump is a Top 3-5 goalie in the league. Not the best use of our minimal assets, but I'd love to have a goalie back there where I know they themselves could steal a playoff round or two.

Reactions: xAvsx89

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Doesn't surprise me. MacKinnon and Makar should switch more often on the PP because MacKinnon's one timer is a muffin.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Doesn't surprise me. MacKinnon and Makar should switch more often on the PP because MacKinnon's one timer is a muffin.
Something changed with MacK's OneT, when he was first really breaking out it was a legitimate laser. Maybe not a heavy shot, but he could get it off quick and it was pretty accurate. Over the past 3 or so seasons he seems more hesitant to shoot the one-timer if it's not perfectly in his wheelhouse.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
How so? He's on pace for 55 points playing 19 minutes a night on the 3rd best team in the eastern conference.
Compher hasn't worked out as the 2C in the playoffs. But going with Ryjo and Drouin and Tatar as the alternative is like buying a steaming pile of dog shit on eBay and hoping the seller accidentally ships you gold coins.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Mack one-timer is good, if it hits his small sweet spot. Mikko's got the best 1-T but Bennett can't be bothered to use it as our no.1 option on the PP.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Something changed with MacK's OneT, when he was first really breaking out it was a legitimate laser. Maybe not a heavy shot, but he could get it off quick and it was pretty accurate. Over the past 3 or so seasons he seems more hesitant to shoot the one-timer if it's not perfectly in his wheelhouse.
I think he liked Barrie's passes more than Makar's lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It's not a muffin, he just requires perfect passes to get it off.

My recollection of MacK's one timer is that he has always been very picky about the placement. He's not a Stammer or Ovi that can rip a one timer from basically a 2' area... he needs his in a specific tiny area. I remember how frustrated people were with Barrie not feeding him perfectly for it and blaming Barrie. :laugh:

I really wish that if MacK is to be used as the trigger guy that he'd open up his range and work on one timing imperfect passes more. At his talent level, it can certainly be learned. Franky, more reliance on Mikko as the trigger guy would probably be helpful, but you'd ideally want a lefty running the point then.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
My recollection of MacK's one timer is that he has always been very picky about the placement. He's not a Stammer or Ovi that can rip a one timer from basically a 2' area... he needs his in a specific tiny area. I remember how frustrated people were with Barrie not feeding him perfectly for it and blaming Barrie. :laugh:

I really wish that if MacK is to be used as the trigger guy that he'd open up his range and work on one timing imperfect passes more. At his talent level, it can certainly be learned. Franky, more reliance on Mikko as the trigger guy would probably be helpful, but you'd ideally want a lefty running the point then.
MacKinnon seems to enjoy floating wristers from the mid-point at 5v5 anyways, so let him operate back there and shift Makar to the left wall.

I understand Bednar's reluctance to doing that because teams would feast on MacKinnon shorthanded if they got even a slight chance at a puck lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
MacKinnon seems to enjoy floating wristers from the mid-point at 5v5 anyways, so let him operate back there and shift Makar to the left wall.

I understand Bednar's reluctance to doing that because teams would feast on MacKinnon shorthanded if they got even a slight chance at a puck lol.
If I was running the show, I'd have Makar in MacK's spot and MacK in the bumper where he has a bit more freedom than RyJo/Kadri have had to float out and around the high slot more. Probably have Toews as the QB. MacK could still rip one timers from Mikko, but really he can use his snapper more and distribute the puck around the middle more and play high. Makar and Mikko can fire from the wall. Toews being a lefty can better feed Mikko as the main trigger guy. Then have RyJo as the net front guy... he's not the battler you'd prefer but great hands, great tipper, and the length to put home rebounds.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
IDK, Makar's best asset on the PP is walking the line until the goalie can't see the puck anymore and then fire from there.
IMO if you're gonna run the 1-3-1, this is the best utilization of talent. Could swap to a 3-2 like the Leafs run and roll with Makar in the left point slot to utilize that.

In any case, I'd honestly prefer to get away from MacK as the main trigger guy.

Reactions: missionAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad