Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It'll be interesting to see Addison with the reigns taken off. It was clear he wasn't going to fit in with Minny and now he's going to a team that doesn't give a F if he can't defend. There is actually offensive talent in his game, he just gives up a ton elsewhere.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This guy understands the hustle and bustle of the bay area
I did my time a long time before it was this bad (07/08), but I get to hear my buddies from there 'rave' about it. Meanwhile I'm in my paid off house, with my paid off cabin, and paying almost nothing in taxes. :laugh:

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I did my time a long time before it was this bad (07/08), but I get to hear my buddies from there 'rave' about it. Meanwhile I'm in my paid off house, with my paid off cabin, and paying almost nothing in taxes. :laugh:
Yeah I've spent my fair share there with work. Luckily my current job doesn't require travel there like my last one. None of my co-workers understand the feeling of having acreage and not stepping in shit while walking through the park

Reactions: CobraAcesS

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
We really can't do anything at the deadline with the amount of cap space we have right? Can we even afford Kovalenko right now?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
We really can't do anything at the deadline with the amount of cap space we have right? Can we even afford Kovalenko right now?
Well, the good news is we can almost definitely dump Tatar on some rebuilding team at the deadline if we want to acquire one of that team's players. He'll only have a few months left on his contract at that point. His contract is cheap so it doesn't open up a ton of space, but it would let the Avs acquire a decent enough player -- especially if they pay that team to retain 50%.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't trade Tatar. He's going to be frustrating and suck at times, but in a middle 6 role, he's still going to produce 15ish goals. You're unlikely to replace that today, so just ride with him. At the deadline find a way to upgrade from him and then scratch him in the playoffs. If injuries hit there, nice to have that sort of depth to call up instead of Polin or Meyers.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm not throwing in the towel on RyJo by any means but I'm still a little bummed we weren't able to pony up and get an RFA center this past summer.

I really kind of like how Arizona is set at center. They've got a 23 year old Hayton as their top center doing a good job and then they've got Bjugstadt (31) holding down the fort at 2C while they develop Logan Cooley (19) at 3C. If all goes well, Cooley will be climbing into that top spot soon enough, leaving them where I wanted us to be...with Hayton as 2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad