Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think he’d be able to help drive the second line. Rants lite. What are you seeing I dont

I don’t want any term with him though
I've been pretty vocal as to the non-hockey reasons as to why I'm opposed to him, so I won't bother you with those. I'll stick to hockey.

He is, quite possibly, the worst defensive player in the game today. Do you get frustrated watching guys like Drouin or Johansen put in a weak stick or just kinda brush past an attacking forward? You ain't seen nothin' until you've seen the half-assed, soft-as-warm-butter defensive/backchecking game of one Patrick Kane.

He was bad even in his prime but you didn't care what he did when the puck was off his stick because of what he could do when he had it. Well, that was a long time ago. He's not good enough or fast enough really to drive a line on his own anymore. Put him with Johansen or MacKinnon and watch the many turnovers and chances against with little or no effort to retrieve the puck. Whatever offense he generates will be negated by all the chances against that happen when he's out there.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Count me in the group that don't want Kane as well. What the Avs need to do is this:

Tufte - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - RJ - Mikko
Wood - Rosco - LOC
Cogs - Oloffsson - Tatar (for now)

and wait for Kovalenko to arrive. Hopefully Landy can play in the playoffs as well. But at the very least we then have:

Tufte - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - RJ - Mikko
Wood - Rosco - Kovy
Cogs - Oloffsson - LOC

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We'll see what happens, but I think Kane is unlikely anyway.

I think the most likely plan is they add Kovalenko and a cheap depth RD, probably a 7D (unless there's a long term injury) and they hope Landy can come back at some point.

Kicking tires on Kane migth be insurance for Drouin/Tatar/Kovalenko.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I just think Kane would be too risky for us at this point because he's basically a magic bean. We have no idea what kind of player he'll be post surgery. Is this really what we want to tie up what little precious cap space we have left on? Or should we save that cap space for a trade in which the quality of the player being obtained is a litlte more well known value.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I like to imagine that we had the jersey made up after he rejected us, for the exclusive purpose of sending it to him after we inevitably won the Cup as an "F you."
One of the funniest things is how much someone paid to get that but I like your imaginary world where there is another one they used for that purpose

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That he doesn't drive the play anymore. He's an excellent finisher and setup guy... but not a guy to drive a line. He'd be fantastic with MacK and Rants... but likely shit with Lehky/Nuke and RyJo.

Haven't we established Mack and Rants need someone to do the work for then lol?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Haven't we established Mack and Rants need someone to do the work for then lol?
Yep...and we just happen to have two guys that can do that work, which is why it makes so much sense to break Nate and Mikko up at 5v5. They'll still have plenty of PP time to over pass with.

It just seems so obvious to me...

X-Nate-Nuke
Lehky-RyJo-Rants

You could even swap Nuke and Lehky if you wanted to load the beef on a line or move Lehky up and bring in Tufte to play LW with RyJo and Nuke for another beefy lineup.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Obviosuly the Avs kick the tires on these guys. Friedman is clearly the best in the biz.

The most likely reason these deals don't go down, is because the Avs don't like the price in trade, or salary, or the player wants to go elsewhere. Not because Friedman is wrong.

We'll see on Kane. Like everyone else, it comes down to where he wants to go, his asking price, and how much cap room the Avs have left.
I think Lebrun is the best

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Shoulda got Cole back, he's playing well for Footer and the Nucks
Cole seemed pretty upset when we got rid of him. I doubt he wants to come back. But really both Zads and Cole don't really fit Bednar's system. JJ thrived in it, but I just think he's too old now.

The numbers seem to show that Bo is adjusting to playing on the right. So we might be able to get by with only getting a upgrade over JJ and leaving Manson on the bottom pairing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
“The longest river in NA”

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad