Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Yeah, this reinforces the underlying analytics.

Vancouver punching WAY above their weight class right now, and Vegas should be giving up a lot more goals than they have.

The Red Wings and Ducks are in for some big time regression IMO.

On the flip side, the Oilers are bound to recover. That's just not sustainable from a "bad hockey" perspective. Ditto the Avs and Hurricanes who will start to climb up the ladder.
You mean to tell me this current group of Canucks is not more offensively talented than the 80s Oilers and their team shooting percentage is not sustainable? That’s very surprising

Had no idea Vegas was having this much luck so far though. Interesting to see

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Kane would be brutal. I think he’s still got stuff to offer teams. That’s just not a role I see working.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Kane would be brutal. I think he’s still got stuff to offer teams. That’s just not a role I see working.
I think he would be working out a lot better than Tatar and JD have. He would also be a free asset. I'm not a fan of making holes in other places in our lineup just to fix other holes.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
cMac shot this team's window in the foot when he let Kadri walk and never properly replaced him.

Saying Kadri is missed is the understatement of the decade.

Kadri has the same 5 points RJ has, except instead of 4 goals 1 assist, he's got 1 goal 4 assists, with 3 points (all assists) at 5v5. That's a 37 point pace. He had 1 point (an assist) in his first 8 games.

I liked Naz as much as everyone else, but this place would be losing it's mind even more than with RJ at $4M for two years, if they kept Kadri for $7M x 7.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think he would be working out a lot better than Tatar and JD have. He would also be a free asset. I'm not a fan of making holes in other places in our lineup just to fix other holes.
He’s been under the radar bad the last couple seasons. Better but not by as much as you’d think.

Free assets are usually free for a reason. There is an opportunity cost to gathering the Drouin/Tatar/Woods of the world.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
He’s been under the radar bad the last couple seasons. Better but not by as much as you’d think.

Free assets are usually free for a reason. There is an opportunity cost to gathering the Drouin/Tatar/Woods of the world.
Everything about this year has been a gamble and will continue to be so because of how tight the cap is. I know I'm basically hoping the hip surgery has fixed Kane's issues, but I don't see a better answer. Destroying our defense just smells like a bad recipe to me.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Everything about this year has been a gamble and will continue to be so because of how tight the cap is. I know I'm basically hoping the hip surgery has fixed Kane's issues, but I don't see a better answer. Destroying our defense just smells like a bad recipe to me.
Certainly has been a gamble. I really don’t think it can be ‘fixed’ though a realistic move. The issue is going to be Colton and RyJo… and whether we like it or not, we are stuck with that for the season. The fix is more if they work or not.

The Avs could likely afford to lose one of Byram or G and be good enough on defense (I’d argue still great)… but they clearly don’t want to make that move.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Mikko can make beautiful passes, but I've never really seen him as a play maker. MacK has always been that guy for the top line. Mikko is more like a power forward, sniper hybrid.
I mean Avs only have 2 mill cap space. I don’t know how they can pay Kane

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Certainly has been a gamble. I really don’t think it can be ‘fixed’ though a realistic move. The issue is going to be Colton and RyJo… and whether we like it or not, we are stuck with that for the season. The fix is more if they work or not.

The Avs could likely afford to lose one of Byram or G and be good enough on defense (I’d argue still great)… but they clearly don’t want to make that move.
Something tells me the market for Girard and Bo isn't nearly as lucrative as many had hoped. And if no one wants them as part of a deal for a legitimate, cap controlled 2C, then there's no point in making a move.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Something tells me the market for Girard and Bo aren't nearly as lucrative as many had hoped. And if no one wants them as part of deal for a legitimate, cap controlled 2C, then there's no point in making a move.
I agree with that. If there isn’t a legit, young 2C it isn’t worth a deal. I think Byram still has a ton of value though… people still have big belief in his 2 way game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad