Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sorry for that, I don't usually do that. Girard got bad when Manson went down because he was forced to play out of position. Girard is good again because he's back on the left side while Byram is now forced on the right.

Any of our LD that plays 2nd pairing on the right side is going to suck ass and make bad decisions. Was Girard and now it's Byram.

You can't just look at how Byram plays when he's paired with G and draw conclusions that he's not good. Context is everything.

I bet if they switch sides Girard will be back to sucking and Byram will thrive.

Agree or disagree with you, I've always agreed with that sentiment. We've both said it, and it's crazy how often it's completely overlooked in order to support a narrative.

Where they at? The posts? I want to talk to them now.

Probably in the main board thread for the trade, or his contract extension.

Reactions: Balthazar

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Sammy G is outplaying him right now. And if G made the mistakes or took the dumb penalties Bo has been taking he'd be launched into the sun by this board. I don't get the double standard when it comes to Bo. This organization is not holding him back in my opinion.
It begins with a 5.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
"What's a season?"
1697909732130.jpeg

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
It's nice when the team starts on a win streak and this board has arguments over who to run out of town.
Don’t you worry, the first game they lose it will be even worse. I noticed some people don’t post or contribute anything when the team is playing well and on a win streak. When they lose however, they’ll be on here posting about the holes in the roster and how the success of the team hinges upon the play of a select few players as if that isn’t true for every cup contender in the league.

We’ve got a great team this year and I’m excited to see how far they can go.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Don’t you worry, the first game they lose it will be even worse. I noticed some people don’t post or contribute anything when the team is playing well and on a win streak. When they lose however, they’ll be on here posting about the holes in the roster and how the success of the team hinges upon the play of a select few players as if that isn’t true for every cup contender in the league.

This was obviously directed at me, and maybe you should check my post history if you think I'm not posting while the team is winning....

Reactions: The Moops

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

That'll be tonight. Prepare your angus.

This was obviously directed at me, and maybe you should check my post history if you think I'm not posting while the team is winning....
Oh. Well, we do actually have those posters, too.

Go nuts though. That I've come to accept.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Speaking of Ottawa...

While Pinto is a good young center, they don't really need him.

With Stutzle and Norris in front of him and signed forever, Pinto's future short and long term is basically capped at 3C in Ottawa.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
While Pinto is a good young center, they don't really need him.

With Stutzle and Norris in front of him and signed forever, Pinto's future short and long term is basically capped at 3C in Ottawa.

Avs could make it work with Pinto signing at $2.5m, so long as Francouz stays on LTIR...

For example, the 22 man roster below is $25k under the cap.

Tatar - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Lehkonen - RyJo - Nichushkin
Colton - Pinto - Drouin
Wood - Olofsson - O'Connor
Cogliano

Toews - Makar
Girard - Byram
JJ - Manson
MacDermid

Georgiev
Prosvetov

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't see the Avs going after Pinto. Personally I would do it and trade a 1st+ but the Avs arent doing it. Shit teams like the Hawks should be all over that though.

Reactions: Azrael89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad