Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
How long before Byram's camp demand a trade? He's potentially losing millions by not getting better opportunities offensively.
Honestly, hes better off playing for another team if its all about the benjamins for him. He aint going to produce the numbers with the Avs that would get him Darnell Nurse money. If hes ok being behind Makar for the next 6 yrs before Cale goes to Calgary then fine but its going to hurt his earning power for sure.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

There's probably not a regular spot on the NHL roster right now, but perhaps the Avs could try to trade for him if/when he clears waivers so they can send him straight to the AHL to play with his brother this season. Could be a potential Cogliano replacement next season if Cogliano hangs them up.

Edit: Come to think of it, the Avs have a tonne of flexibility with their roster right now with Francouz being on LTIR and all their depth guys having already cleared waivers (i.e. Tufte, Meyers, etc), so they are pretty well placed to make a claim here and roll with Foudy on the roster for a bit if they like him.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Really sucks that the Avs should’ve gotten Jack Hughes. Damn NJD and their lottery luck.

Reactions: Linds

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I’m sure he’s enjoyed being on a competitive team. But now, having a ring (and Toews extended) would only motivate me to ask for a trade - he’s already won and the Avs top pairing is set for years. Now he needs to focus on maximizing his potential and earning as much money as he can.

That will always be limited in Colorado playing #3 D at best with zero meaningful PP time and now forced to play on his offhand.

IMO Chicago f***ed Bo and themselves not taking him 3rd OA. Byram was a perfect fit for them and they badly needed a future #1D. Bowman is a moron. Who knows how things would have played out but Bedard and Byram would have been one hell of a rebuild.
Have you seen him play hockey or is this meant to be reality based?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I will tell you this guys wright now. Rangers made a very big mistake by trading Georgiev to us.
Nah. He wasn't a fit in New York, and he was not going to get qualified. For the Rangers, it was a wonder someone came in and paid anything for him. Good thing we did.

And Georgiev I still don't think as an elite goalie. A good goalie, actually very good with us. But not elite. He's playing like one based on numbers though.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see it with Byram. All these excuses for why he hasn't taken the next step, saying he hasn't had the opportunities to do so. But when I watch him, it's not like he's playing mistake free hockey or that he is demonstrating he can play above his current role. He's taking on lesser opponents and still making poor decisions and taking bad penalties. As far I'm concerned he doesn't deserve top pairing defensive duties because he hasn't shown he could handle them.

Yes he's young and needs time to grow, but i'd be worried having him on my teams top pairing. If he demands to be traded because he thinks he deserves better, well I disagree he does but I'd ship him out and get whatever you can for him.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see it with Byram. All these excuses for why he hasn't taken the next step, saying he hasn't had the opportunities to do so. But when I watch him, it's not like he's playing mistake free hockey or that he is demonstrating he can play above his current role. He's taking on lesser opponents and still making poor decisions and taking bad penalties. As far I'm concerned he doesn't deserve top pairing defensive duties because he hasn't shown he could handle them.

Yes he's young and needs time to grow, but i'd be worried having him on my teams top pairing. If he demands to be traded because he thinks he deserves better, well I disagree he does but I'd ship him out and get whatever you can for him.

Yeah, I’m more in the camp where he ends up a 3, or 4 D than a 1, or 2 D these days.

I was convinced when I saw him early in his NHL career that he would be a star, but he looks like a run of the mill defenceman more often than not early this season and last.

He’s still young, so a lot can happen. His toolbox is incredible, but he doesn’t really seem to be able to put it together. He’s not as aggressive as he used to be and his defence has dipped.

I certainly don’t think he’s as bad as he’s played in the 1st four games this season, but I have a hard time seeing him reach the once lofty ceiling I had for him, that at one time I thought was nearly a certainty.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

He gets a lotttt of lee way on this board. Talented but you'd think he's already a 1D on here at times.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I think the two players we wouldn't have if we got Hughes would be Byram and wouldn't have extended Nuke. Probably wouldn't have drafted newhook either.

2020-2021
Gabe Nate mikko
Saad Hughes Burakovsky
Donskoi Kadri jtc
?? Jost LOC
Bellemare

Toews Makar
Girard Ej
Graves ??

Last edited:

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
He gets a lotttt of lee way on this board. Talented but you'd think he's already a 1D on here at times.
Sammy G is outplaying him right now. And if G made the mistakes or took the dumb penalties Bo has been taking he'd be launched into the sun by this board. I don't get the double standard when it comes to Bo. This organization is not holding him back in my opinion.

Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sammy G is outplaying him right now. And if G made the mistakes or took the dumb penalties Bo has been taking he'd be launched into the sun by this board. I don't get the double standard when it comes to Bo. This organization is not holding him back in my opinion.
Are you completely unable to analyze a hockey game?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Go back to last year. Girard had a bad start and was completely eviscerated by this board. But with Byram all sorts of context needs to be added for his struggles. The dudes talented no doubt, but he needs to iron out his consistency issues.

Reactions: The Moops

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Holy crap. Now we are hating on Byram?

A 22 year old Dman who went nuclear for us in the Stanley Cup run?

Give the kid some time for gods sake. He will be Drew Doughty V2.0. Book it.

Cool. Personal attacks instead of actually adding value. Thanks for your contribution. I'm sorry my opinion differs to yours.

Well your opinion is flat out wrong so there's that.

When someone says absurd garbage you should expect to be called out for it.

Reactions: pont and Azrael89

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Well your opinion is flat out wrong so there's that.

When someone says absurd garbage you should expect to be called out for it.

I'm not hating on the kid. I think he's talented, he's just not the #1D that many think he is, in my opinion. Your opinion is clearly different and I'm happy for you. I'm wrong because you're right. Cool

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Cool. Personal attacks instead of actually adding value. Thanks for your contribution. I'm sorry my opinion differs to yours.
Sorry for that, I don't usually do that. Girard got bad when Manson went down because he was forced to play out of position. Girard is good again because he's back on the left side while Byram is now forced on the right.

Any of our LD that plays 2nd pairing on the right side is going to suck ass and make bad decisions. Was Girard and now it's Byram.

You can't just look at how Byram plays when he's paired with G and draw conclusions that he's not good. Context is everything.

I bet if they switch sides Girard will be back to sucking and Byram will thrive.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Sorry for that, I don't usually do that. Girard got bad when Manson went down because he was forced to play out of position. Girard is good again because he's back on the left side while Byram is now forced on the right.

Any of our LD that plays 2nd pairing on the right side is going to suck ass and make bad decisions. Was Girard and now it's Byram.

You can't just look at how Byram plays when he's paired with G and draw conclusions that he's not good. Context is everything.

I bet if they switch sides Girard will be back to sucking and Byram will thrive.
Fair enough. Good point to remember that he's playing on his off side, and that is valid context to his performance. Believe it or not I want the kid to thrive, I just don't see the ceiling yet, but maybe that comes.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Holy crap. Now we are hating on Byram?

A 22 year old Dman who went nuclear for us in the Stanley Cup run
No ones hating… he just hasn’t been great to start the year. He’s clearly talented but until he irons out his consistency issues he’s going to be a very frustrating player to watch.

Reactions: Bender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad