Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Manson to ANA for Helleson and a 4/5th, book it
Why would Anaheim do that?

They already have Gudas as a veteran physical RHD signed until 2026 behind Drysdale so there's no clear need for another RHD on a $4.5m contract.

Helleson also fits the age of their core so they have no reason to move him as a rebuilding team.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The organizational depth at RD is just as bad as C. And they’ve had two years to try to replenish. Instead they trade for Jones.

The Avs may not be able to replace Manson with another Manson type. But it’s more important to have salary on the ice. So maybe they get a couple of less expensive guys who at least can be consistently in the lineup?

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
The organizational depth at RD is just as bad as C. And they’ve had two years to try to replenish. Instead they trade for Jones.

The Avs may not be able to replace Manson with another Manson type. But it’s more important to have salary on the ice. So maybe they get a couple of less expensive guys who at least can be consistently in the lineup?

Maybe they should try to trade with Montreal next off-season as they'll seemingly have a bit of a logjam at RHD once waiver exemptions expire.

RHD:
Savard (UFA 2025)
Kovacevic (UFA 2025)
Reinbacher
Mailloux
Barron
Lindström

LHD:
Matheson
Guhle
Xhekaj
Harris
Norlinder
Struble

Wonder what they's ask for to send Barron back?

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Maybe they should try to trade with Montreal next off-season as they'll seemingly have a bit of a logjam at RHD once waiver exemptions expire.

RHD:
Savard (UFA 2025)
Kovacevic (UFA 2025)
Reinbacher
Mailloux
Barron
Lindström

LHD:
Matheson
Guhle
Xhekaj
Harris
Norlinder
Struble

Wonder what they's ask for to send Barron back?

It becomes a 12 team NTC on 15.6.24. It makes sense in that they fit a profile (young D who can be mentored) but you have to wonder about several Canadian teams being on his list.

He could be an EJ replacement in Buffalo?

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
It becomes a 12 team NTC on 15.6.24. It makes sense in that they fit a profile (young D who can be mentored) but you have to wonder about several Canadian teams being on his list.

He could be an EJ replacement in Buffalo?

Interesting timing...

Manson's NTC becomes a 12 team NTC on June 15, 2024.

Then Girard's 9 team NTC starts on July 1st, 2024.

That basically gives CMac a two week window between June 15th and July 1st to decide what to do, since he won't be able to trade Manson before June 15th, and since it'll be much more difficult to trade Girard after July 1st.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Interesting timing...

Manson's NTC becomes a 12 team NTC on June 15, 2024.

Then Girard's 9 team NTC starts on July 1st, 2024.

That basically gives CMac a two week window between June 15th and July 1st to decide what to do, since he won't be able to trade Manson before June 15th, and since it'll be much more difficult to trade Girard after July 1st.

Yeah. It’s ok to trade both.

BTW, kudos to you and MarkT for focusing on the RD depth recently. At the time one thinks maybe they have a vision. Now that Byram is playing RD, you realize they didn’t have a vision.

A talent like Byram taken at 4 is often going to be put in the best situation to be successful. But apparently they’ve lost such confidence in Girard on the right, they’re willing to try Byram there. It’s that bad.

RD this year is kind of like 2C last year.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He looks like 20-21 Kadri, which is not good. Everyone knew 21-22 was a huge outlier.
That’s fine, it’s quite early yet and a new coach and system to get used to. His 20-21 season was also a huge outlier.

But again, he’s not the biggest issue in Calgary, not even close. The Swedish Sieve with the bloated contract in between the pipes is, along with their top line center who wants out. Also, they don’t have any real gamebreakers on the roster and no dynamic puckmoving defensemen to speak of.

Honestly the Flames should tank it soon as they can (may not be possible given their cap situation but they should consider it at the very least) so by the time the new rink opens, they might be ready. They certainly won’t tank it once the barn opens so they’d better get it out of the way damn soon.

Apparently he sucks.

Plays timid, constantly injured, shies away from contact.

@Balthazar
Uh oh, another Bigras?

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Uh oh, another Avs draft pick. :D
1697724980943.gif

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Apparently he sucks.

Plays timid, constantly injured, shies away from contact.

@Balthazar
He's still in the NHL but has'nt played a game yet. He was in a conversation on TV a few days ago and the journalists involve in the convo didnt see how he could crack the top 6 right now. They added that if Barron dont play somewhere in the next few games that he will be sent down in the AHL

Last edited:

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
That’s fine, it’s quite early yet and a new coach and system to get used to. His 20-21 season was also a huge outlier.

But again, he’s not the biggest issue in Calgary, not even close. The Swedish Sieve with the bloated contract in between the pipes is, along with their top line center who wants out. Also, they don’t have any real gamebreakers on the roster and no dynamic puckmoving defensemen to speak of.

Honestly the Flames should tank it soon as they can (may not be possible given their cap situation but they should consider it at the very least) so by the time the new rink opens, they might be ready. They certainly won’t tank it once the barn opens so they’d better get it out of the way damn soon.

Uh oh, another Bigras?
I said all this last year but a lot of people and pundits had them as Cup contenders.

They should have started a rebuild

Last edited:

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
If the Avs could find a way to move Manson and replace him with someone with a ~$2.5-3m caphit they could make the cap work next year.

For example in the AGM below I swapped Manson for Borgen who has a $2.7m caphit (adding a prospect going to Seattle as a sweetener).

Kulak ($2.75m X2) would perhaps work too if GM Holland falls in love with Manson and wants to make that swap, and if Manson doesn't have Edmonton on his 12 team NTC (his dad is an assistant coach there so perhaps there's a chance of that, however small).

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I said all this last year but a lot of people and pundits had them as Cup contenders.

They should have started a rebuild
Yeah, and I get that, especially given how well they did under Sutter while missing a lot of key components, but I never had faith in their goaltending. Would've been interesting if Treliving's ploy had worked though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I doubt Jersey does this but what about Bo+ for Siegenthaler+Mercer.

HAHA.
I dont think they would have interest in yet another Dman given thr list of guys they already have... But they're a rare team that has a bunch of RD and not as many LD so maybe something could work out in that regard?

On the Right Side they already have Hamilton and Marino with Nemec otw as well. I doubt they move Siegenthaler though, he fits what they need in the Top 4 so well, and they don't really need Byram or his skillset given who they have already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad