Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well that sucks doesn't it?

NFL drafts are done professionally and you don't have dementia patient front office staff heading up to the mic and can't even pronounce names properly. Now Bettman should 10000000000% not be the one to announce the draft picks as Goodell does, but get somebody like Alan Roach and it is a step in the right direction. NHL draft takes way too long because of all the shout-outs each team has to do for their buddies in other organisations.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
It would certainly be exciting but I dont see any way we could do it, not unless A) Francouz is done for the year and B) Kane takes like $1M or something comically low.

Plus, where does he fit? I feel like if the Avs didn't sign Tatar, maybe there's a chance Kane could have been the option but with the Tatar signing now we have very little cap space(Even with Frank on LTIR), and no roster spot.

Yeah it makes no sense. We are pretty loaded at the moment.

That lineup with Landy and Kovalenko added to it... Damn, Son
You mean it's not fair? Hah

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, Fantilli is gonna be good, but also that coaching change has to be about as good for them as when Roy left us lol.

I'm a little irritated having to watch JT in Detroit, but he's been the better version of himself so far.

You’d be less irritated if his replacement wasn’t absolute garbage, but somehow he’s made us miss JTC.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I feel like the NHL is entering a weird phase of teams catching up and standings will be insanely tight this year. Since around 19-20 you've had downright dominant teams in the league with Tampa Bay, Colorado, Vegas, Toronto, Boston, Carolina, and to a lesser extent Edmonton and the New York Rangers. They've consistently been upper-echelon teams and by a fairly large margin.

It seems like most - if not all - of those teams are losing their grip of dominance on the rest of the league while up-and-comers/average teams close the gap.

That's not to say those teams listed won't still be the best teams. I think there are very easily 4 potential division winners there - but it's not going to be the same walk-in-the-park or dominant showing it has been over the last 4 seasons.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
JTC had many a point last year playing next to Moose, but that did not make him a good hockey player.
I always liked Compher, and defended him in here. Always felt he was pretty decent at most things, terrible at nothing. Liked him on the team.

But the way he disappeared in last year’s playoffs (and the month + leading up to them)….. good riddance.

Reactions: Bender

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The only thing I'm hanging on to that RyJo might actually work as the 2C in the postseason is if Landy comes back and they drop Rantanen down to the second line, which essentially buffers the shit out of that guy.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nuke
Landeskog - RyJo - Rantanen

So far through 2 games RyJo has been exactly what some of us thought he'd be; a big ball of nothing at 5v5. I will give him this though, he's a f***ing wizard in the face circle.

I really do think come the trade deadline the #1 priority again, f***ing somehow, is finding a real 2C.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
to be fair to JTC, the one and only time both he and the Avs were on the same page was the 2022 postseason. There, he was playing as the 3C they always envisioned him as AND had the proper depth above him to allow him to play that role. But right after that Kadri left and he was forced to be the de facto 2C (I’ll never understand how management thought Newhook was the answer, clearly the coaches knew better).

Anyway, what’s done is done. I don’t blame the Avs for not paying him but I also don’t blame him one bit for getting paid. Hopefully it works out for him, he’s a good player despite some rather frustrating tendencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad