Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Right. You said Columbus wouldn't take the deal.

That package wouldn't be near enough value to land Byram.
Yes it would.... And given Manson's negative value and Olausson being basically zero, Byram is the only piece the Avs really give up of positive value since the 1st would be required to offset Manson's negative value right now.

I dont get why you bother responding to me at this point. We both think each other to be complete idiots and aren't going to agree on anything, do you really need to respond to my posts every time? You know the ignore function works quite well, or you can just eventually get yourself banned.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It is 100% true... if RyJo doesn't play to a good 2C level, the Avs won't make it through a playoff run. During the regular season it won't matter a ton. The Avs are very likely getting a top 3 central spot and probably higher than that. RyJo could play at a 45 point pace with that mostly on the PP and the Avs will still make the playoffs. But playoff success will rely on RyJo being an advantage, if he's not, the Avs won't get far. Avs are in Cup or bust time and they need RyJo to work.

Well at least if he's floaty mcfloaterson this year he'll be healthy and have plenty of energy for the playoffs.

Maybe he shouldn't be in front of the net so much. 😜

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Yes it would.... And given Manson's negative value and Olausson being basically zero, Byram is the only piece the Avs really give up of positive value since the 1st would be required to offset Manson's negative value right now.

I dont get why you bother responding to me at this point. We both think each other to be complete idiots and aren't going to agree on anything, do you really need to respond to my posts every time? You know the ignore function works quite well, or you can just eventually get yourself banned.

I respond because pretty much everything you say is absolutely absurd and 100% wrong.

Now Manson has negative value? I guarantee that if he was made available every team in the league would be lining up to get him. He is a lockerroom leader. A respected veteran. A warrior who runs through walls to defend his teamates. The fact that you say he has negative value shows your true knowledge about hockey and that you have never played. You win with guys like Manson.

Take Toronto for example. He would be a top pairing option with Reilly and would be better than most teams second pair options on D.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I respond because pretty much everything you say is absolutely absurd and 100% wrong.

Now Manson has negative value? I guarantee that if he was made available every team in the league would be lining up to get him. He is a lockerroom leader. A respected veteran. A warrior who runs through walls to defend his teamates. The fact that you say he has negative value shows your true knowledge about hockey and that you have never played. You win with guys like Manson.

Take Toronto for example. He would be a top pairing option with Reilly and would be better than most teams second pair options on D.
He is always wrong, most know not to bother but it's cheap entertainment actually

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
:laugh:
7.5 means he would get less than what Orlov got on the open market. And Toews is the superior player. Power just signed for 8.35 mil x 8 and Toews is the better player. Dahlin got 11 mil per year but he had an amazing year. I think Toews will get a deal in between those two guys.

Toews knows how much he would get on the open market and it probably starts with a 10.

8 x 9.675 mil for him to stay in Colorado and we give him the 8th year.

Yes. That's right. A good comparable may be Pietrangelo. He signed for 8.8 four years ago. What would his deal be if he was a free agent this year? 10? 11 mil per? Maybe more?

I think Toews starts with a 9. If you wete Toews would you take 20-25 mil less over the length of his deal? I wouldn't.

You literally tried to use Power and Dahlin as comparable for Toews not even 2 days ago... But I don't know anything?

Honestly too easy.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
:laugh:

You literally tried to use Power and Dahlin as comparable for Toews not even 2 days ago... But I don't know anything?

Honestly too easy.

Too easy is right. Coming from the guy who says fadeoffs don't matter and that our season depends on Ryan Johansen.

Market wise Toews should have got a 9.5 mil deal. He took that big of a discount and I never saw him taking that amount of money. It's an extremely team friendly deal.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I get the idea of loading up on the wings, and I think the Avs will compensate in some manner there. Just that center is too important of a position with differing responsibilities that you need a high level of play there. Over the years, if you don’t get strong center play, you don’t win. Not impossible if you don’t get it, but very difficult.
Can you imagine that line though. An average night for that line would be looking completely invisible all night except for Nuke hounding the puck. But when you examine the score sheet you'd find Nuke with an even strength goal, RyJo with two apples (one of which was on the PP) and Mikko with 3 goals (2 on the PP). I imagine I would be quite frustrated by it, but I think ultimately between even strength and PP it should be enough to compensate for the fact that RyJo doesn't have exactly what I would call the highest level of compete on the team.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That's true. What prompted the thought though was a comment that you trade Girard as Byram's RFA expires. It may not be that cut and dry. And theres a case to be made for using next summer facilitate the following summer.

Trading Girard in 2025 would be an option of course, but bear in kind that Girard has a 9 team NTC starting July 1, 2024, which may be enough to make a trade impossible beyond 2024 given that there's only a limited number of teams who would be interested in a small Dman.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Ok, but nothing you just said is evidence that his value is at the lowest its ever been... He's coming off the best year of his career. Regardless of injuries or Columbus transactions, he absolutely isn't at his lowest value at this point, even if that value is still very little.

On Hertl... would love to get him here. $8M is extremely reasonable for a good 2C especially as we exit the flat cap world. Avs could absolutely make Hertl work at 2C and quite frankly probably not lose Mikko out of the ordeal either.

It would cost Byram to get Hertl though, but that's a trade that makes us better IMO.
What contract(s) would you move in addition to Byram to make a Hertl trade work cap (and value) wise? Include Manson in the deal I guess (but add more picks to compensate)?

save your breath

they are trying to trade Boqvist now and don't have ant suitors outside of Montreal.
That's more of a timing and cap issue than it is about Boqvist's value itself. If they trade him at the deadline or off-season they'll have plenty of suitors. This just isn't the best time to make trades with guys with significant caphits as rosters are already set.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Right. You said Columbus wouldn't take the deal.

That package wouldn't be near enough value to land Byram alone NM Manson, a 1st and Olausson
Moving Manson alone would probably cost a 1st at this point given his regression, injuries, and caphit.

Olausson has very little value.

So value-wise it's basically Byram for Sillinger, Jenner, Peeke, and Boqvist.

• Haha
Reactions: Avaholic29

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I definitely don't come here to watch anonymous posters get into long intolerant arguments about who is less right and more wrong. A lot of our debates produce light, but some are pure hot steaming netherpassings. One game into the season!
Today I learned a new word :laugh:

Yea I don't get it.
Saves dollars on travel costs and also means less travel for a bunch of people who would rather spend time on the golf course that time of year.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What contract(s) would you move in addition to Byram to make a Hertl trade work cap (and value) wise? Include Manson in the deal I guess (but add more picks to compensate)?

That's more of a timing and cap issue than it is about Boqvist's value itself. If they trade him at the deadline or off-season they'll have plenty of suitors. This just isn't the best time to make trades with guys with significant caphits as rosters are already set.

For one, RyJo would assumingly go with Byram in the trade for Hertl since I'm assuming RyJo wouldn't work out here as the reason for trading for Hertl.

That being said I went and looked at it more, and basically if Landy returns next year we wouldn't realistically be able to make Hertl work. Just not enough space without getting into full video game mode to make the cap work out essentially.

Reactions: Richard88

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

Rumors have him going to the Habs which doesn't sound good for Barron .

Barron is looking more bust by the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad