Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Your timeline gives him 4 seasons in junior, no? Has him with the Avs in a season where he turns 21?

Or is my math stoned?

This year will be Ritchie's 3rd OHL season. Next year the Avs likely try to break Ritchie in on the wing instead of sending him back for a 4th OHL season (he'd start the season at 19 and turn 20). The following season they'd try to have him as the 2C starting at 20 and turning 21 in Jan.

Reactions: ABasin

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
IF Landeskog comes back, he'd be a compliment to RyJo.
Landeskog can match any speed of play and be successful (unlike someone like MacK who lives and thrives in turbo mode)

You're talking about the guy who, at that point, hasn't played in almost two years? We have no idea what version of Landy we'd get back. Asking him to jump straight back into a top six role to start the playoffs and be a reliable impact player is some pretty high expectations.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
You're talking about the guy who, at that point, hasn't played in almost two years? We have no idea what version of Landy we'd get back. Asking him to jump straight back into a top six role to start the playoffs and be a reliable impact player is some pretty high expectations.
I'm just responding to all the lineup postings I see with him on the top line along with all the RyJo concerns.
I personally don't see him back at all this season. (or at least selfishly don't want him to rush back until he is strong and stable post rehab)

Not sure why I'm the one you decided was setting such high expectations when all I said is he would compliment RyJo because he is an adaptable player, but it is the way this board goes I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm just responding to all the lineup postings I see with him on the top line along with all the RyJo concerns.
I personally don't see him back at all this season. (or at least selfishly don't want him to rush back until he is strong and stable post rehab)

Not sure why I'm the one you decided was setting such high expectations when all I said is he would compliment RyJo because he is an adaptable player, but it is the way this board goes I guess.
IMO it is very important Landy tries to come back this season so the Avs know what they are dealing with during the summer. If he tries to come back for the playoffs and fails the Avs could plan to use his 7M to get help for next season. Their hands would be tied if he tries only next season.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
He picked it up a little later on, started winning puck battles and bulldozing his way through guys--I could be wrong but I thought he also laid a pretty good hit on Dubois later in the game.

Slow starts for Nuke are nothing new. Took him a while to get his wind back last year, given his rather...interesting offseason, we might be seeing more of the same. Who knows.
Nichushkin started last season with like 7 goals in 7 games or something like that

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
7 years x 7.5 incoming

7.5 means he would get less than what Orlov got on the open market. And Toews is the superior player. Power just signed for 8.35 mil x 8 and Toews is the better player. Dahlin got 11 mil per year but he had an amazing year. I think Toews will get a deal in between those two guys.

Toews knows how much he would get on the open market and it probably starts with a 10.

8 x 9.675 mil for him to stay in Colorado and we give him the 8th year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
7.5 means he would get less than what Orlov got on the open market. And Toews is the superior player. Power just signed for 8.35 mil x 8 and Toews is the better player. Dahlin got 11 mil per year but he had an amazing year. I think Toews will get a deal in between those two guys.

Toews knows how much he would get on the open market and it probably starts with a 10.

8 x 9.675 mil for him to stay in Colorado and we give him the 8th year.
Power and Dahlin are not comparable as they signed as RFAs. Orlov took less term to get more AAV. As a strict UFA... you need to look more at Carlson, Reilly, Jones, Faulk, etc.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Power and Dahlin are not comparable as they signed as RFAs. Orlov took less term to get more AAV. As a strict UFA... you need to look more at Carlson, Reilly, Jones, Faulk, etc.

Yes. That's right. A good comparable may be Pietrangelo. He signed for 8.8 four years ago. What would his deal be if he was a free agent this year? 10? 11 mil per? Maybe more?

I think Toews starts with a 9. If you wete Toews would you take 20-25 mil less over the length of his deal? I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad