Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Armia on waivers is....something.

Wonder if Tampa or the Avs will be interested in Martin Jones.

I see that Vegas just pulled the good ol' "pick someone on waivers and put him right back on waivers" thing with Denisinko.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Nooo Joel, noooo...

WS9tzE.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If they're unsure about Cogs, that means they plan on playing Dermy for opening night? Just keep Tufte on the team. He's a more useful player.

I dont think Tufte was waived to be sent down... I think he'll stick with the team if he clears. But waiving him today gives them the flexibility to send him down for the next 30 days(Or 10 games I think) without having to go on waivers again, so it gives them flexibility for when Cogs likely is ready to go again.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I dont think Tufte was waived to be sent down... I think he'll stick with the team if he clears. But waiving him today gives them the flexibility to send him down for the next 30 days(Or 10 games I think) without having to go on waivers again, so it gives them flexibility for when Cogs likely is ready to go again.
I didn't even consider this. I forgot about that aspect of waiver rules. If they do want to keep him, it is a lot safer to waive him today with all those other guys also on there.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Coghland and Bogosian are sitting right there... right? right?
Bogosian would be really bad here. Coghlan could be a decent target.

I wonder if the Avs dont try to make a trade in the next 48 hours though. Send a contract out to get a contract in sort of thing rather then just make a waiver claim.

Target a guy like Caleb Jones who's already cleared waivers for example.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I kinda predicted the Lafferty trade a couple of days ago in the AGM below, though I had him going to Colorado for a 5th instead of Vancouver. Good versatile 4th liner who skates fasta and can PK, would have been happy if he was actually joining the Avs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad