Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think Nathan Walker with Bednar would do wonders on that 4th line. He's always been an underrated player IMHO.

Not too many good defensive targets on waivers.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't know if it's realistic to expect a backup goalie and a RD but that's the pieces we need.

From what we've seen in preseason JJ shouldn't be in the top 6. He's a 7th D and shouldn't play all the games.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't know if it's realistic to expect a backup goalie and a RD but that's the pieces we need.

From what we've seen in preseason JJ shouldn't be in the top 6. He's a 7th D and shouldn't play all the games.

People thought I was stupid to say it looked like they were penciling in Malinski as the 6th D with JJ as the #7..

They straight did, just like Jost & Newhook lol.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
People thought I was stupid to say it looked like they were penciling in Malinski as the 6th D with JJ as the #7..

Maybe they put more emphasis on Malinskis end of 2023 than this preseason?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

At least its a much much lessor role. I hope it ends up like LoC, a role player fitting into his role with some ups and downs but genrrally met his relatively low expectations.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Bogosian would be really bad here. Coghlan could be a decent target.

I wonder if the Avs dont try to make a trade in the next 48 hours though. Send a contract out to get a contract in sort of thing rather then just make a waiver claim.

Target a guy like Caleb Jones who's already cleared waivers for example.
You think Bogosian would be worse than JJ? At least he's probably on par with JJ, meaning we have little more buffer room to Malinski. But yes, Coghlan is probably the better choice if he makes it to us

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
At this point, I think I’d look into trying to move Myers for a serviceable third pairing D.

There might still be a team out there that can afford to give him the ice time to see if he can be middle 6 in this league, but it won’t be here, and he doesn’t seem to be quite right for the 4th line, and we have plenty of guys that fill 4th line roles.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I hope Tuffte can make it through to the Eagles. I was surprised at that waiver, thought they would keep him as an extra forward for the time being.

They may still keep him up even if he passes through waivers. That would give them 30 days or 10 games of extra flexibility to send him up and down if they want to try different guys without the risk of losing him to waivers then.

If they weren't in LTIR with Landeskog it would also have made sense to send him down on non game days to bank as much cap as possible, but the Avs won't be able to play those games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad