Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
For some reason I just remembered that RyJo was diagnosed with heart issues shortly after getting into the NHL. I wonder if it could be related to him looking "lazy" (trying to limit his cardio activity and not pushing his body too far).

When he's not moving much he does look like he gives a f***, like in the bumper position on the PP.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Him and Wade Megan should be pitted against one another in a deathmatch.

I'd say Jason Allison should get in on this but he's running a little late.

24d77bc8228c3ec9b9c4881149565aab.gif

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
No dude.

No one is debating his contribution to the Cup. Bringing it up when debating the merit of re-signing him to his current contract is bad faith debating.

His current contract is not good and has a high chance of being an anchor for what could be the remainder of this current core’s Cup window
To what end? When you say anchor, what is the reason? Salary cap hit? Chance of injury? Quality? Value add? Combination?

When he's on the ice:
+ Does he add value ? Yes.
+ Dead he provide veteran experience ? Yes.
+ Is he a tough player ? Yes.
+ Does he produce ? Yes
+ Is he defensive ? Yes, big time

Etc, etc, etc.

If we were facing a team with him in the d-core in an opposition playoff game, I'd be concerned, because he plays like a monster.

I'm happy to be convinced otherwise, would just love you to elaborate what you mean, by an anchor contract, because (aside from injuries which he cannot help), he adds plenty of value through my eyes.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I mean he already cost Kadri in one offseason and hindered the Avs from better solutions this off season. I’d say his contract is already a big hinderance. And his NTC can be designed to make it really tough to move him the next two years. It’s a terrible contract and was terrible from day 1. Don’t re-sign aging physical defensemen who are already regressing and going to be over 30. It almost never works out well.

I wonder what Kadri's new contract would have cost us (not just in the short term, because that's what I think you're looking at , and easy to explain away), but in the longer term. Did you see his production, and the Flames form last season?

We pretty well got Ryjo, Colton and Drouin for the difference between our 2C this year, and Kadri's numbers. Okay , numbers probably a bit off, but you get the idea right ?

In a team that's already top heavy with outrageously amazing talent , being able to deepen the quality depth was paramount, because it's jeopardy running with basically 2-3 lines.

I really think CMac has been outstanding here. If the injury gods are kind to us, we are winning a cup this season, or will be right there at the end fighting for one.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
To what end? When you say anchor, what is the reason? Salary cap hit? Chance of injury? Quality? Value add? Combination?

When he's on the ice:
+ Does he add value ? Yes.
+ Dead he provide veteran experience ? Yes.
+ Is he a tough player ? Yes.
+ Does he produce ? Yes
+ Is he defensive ? Yes, big time

Etc, etc, etc.

If we were facing a team with him in the d-core in an opposition playoff game, I'd be concerned, because he plays like a monster.

I'm happy to be convinced otherwise, would just love you to elaborate what you mean, by an anchor contract, because (aside from injuries which he cannot help), he adds plenty of value through my eyes.

I agree. X1000

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
And I wouldn't sign him to more than 5 , not everyone feels the same

I'd want to sign a top 5-7 dman to as long as term as we can get to keep him an Av as long as possible. Toews will age well.

7 years, 59.5 mil.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Sooo.... I assume we are going to start the season with Annunen as the backup? I guess he has earned the chance based on preseason, I just doubt it will last.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Wide Allison unclaimed. Vegas takes Denisenko.

Zboril on waivers, someone might bet on his tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad