Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just find the inconsistencies with advanced stats funny. People complain about them all the time just to use them when it says what they want.

You can't say it's inconsistent though, when potentially someone with an entirely different opinion who doesn't criticize analytics is using them, just because others have criticized them. And vice versa.

This is the same kind of incorrect statement made the other day.

The real hypocritical thing is the person who accused others of being hypocrites on analytics the other day, while saying Manson sucks and his contract can't be moved, and Girard is good and can be moved, is presented with contract grades using analytics from the exact same source in Dom, that shows both G and Manson with a C grade, and they don't even comment on it or acknowledge it, because it doesn't fit their narrative.

So who's really picking and choosing when to use analytics?

Last edited:
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
With Pavel looking good in camp, but perhaps needing some more games to get up to speed after his injury, the Avs should look to claim Allison, and then sneak Olofsson down and through waivers.

Then play Cogs at center until an inevitable injury happens and they can call up Pavel with Meyers as a backup. Meyers has 10 NHL games before he's eligible for waivers too.

They should try to put Franky on LTIR too even if it's just for a little bit. Gives them more flexibility and options.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Term is really the only negotiating piece the Avs have with Toews. I still expect a contract to get done before season starts but Toews will have to bend on AAV and Avs on term

First time I ever did shrooms my buddy put this movie on lol. We still quote it to this day haha
Your buddy is a beauty

Reactions: The Kingslayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad