Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If Philippe Myers had a lower than $1.4m caphit maybe he'd be more interesting on waivers.

It wasn't so long ago that Fagemo and Moverare were being hyped by Kings fans. Same with Jett Woo and especially Rathbone in Vancouver. Rathbone would fit the Avs at least stylistically but not sure there's enough there for CMac to use a roster spot on him, especially as he's another smallish LHD.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Our friend Justin Barron is getting absolutely grilled today in Montreal press.

I ran the article through Google translate because I'm too lazy to do it:

We have seen proof of this too often since the Canadian acquired his services from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for Artturi Lehkonen. We will have to wait to see what becomes of the second round pick in 2024 that the Canadian also obtained in this transaction. But for the moment, the return is far from being enough.

Friday night, Justin Barron, like his teammates, screwed up a lot of plays over the 20 shifts he made during the match.

Because he will only be 21 years old on November 15 and because he is only entering his third season in the professional ranks, we can forgive him for many mistakes.

We must even forgive him.

What is impossible to forgive, however, is the fact that he plays with the end of the stick as soon as there is buzz around him. The fact that he loses his one-on-one battles without really giving the impression of wanting to fight them. The fact that he displays a nonchalance that is impossible for anyone to forgive. Even less to a young person who is still far from having proven that he is truly a hope.

Asked about Justin Barron's night at work, Martin St-Louis refused to directly blame his young defender, preferring to spread the blame across the entire team.

It's understandable.

But I am convinced that Martin St-Louis, his assistants, the members of the staff and the coaching staff of the farm club will refuse to turn a blind eye to the fact that Barron refused to impose himself in a battle one on one in the middle period against Tyler Bertuzzi.

It was deep in Canadian territory. In the corner to the left of Cayden Primeau. The puck was there. Barron was closest to the puck. With one hand, without even forcing, Bertuzzi pushed Barron out of the play to grab the puck and try to orchestrate a threat.

Yes, Bertuzzi is fiery. But on the play, he didn't even have to be as Barron allowed himself to be pushed down without offering the slightest resistance. The slightest conviction.

Seeing the game taking place under the press gallery I heard the voice of the former Canadian coach Michel Therrien who, in his own English, described the players who were losing as “soffffes” and not “soft”. too often their one-on-one fights, or worse, who refused to fight them.

Beyond his physique and all the talent that resides within him, Justin Barron has a place of his own in the category of soft players, even too soft, or “soffffes” if you prefer Michel Therrien's expression. He will have to quickly take the means to chase away this reputation firmly attached to his name otherwise he himself will waste the immense potential that resides within him.
Yikes.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Philippe Myers had a lower than $1.4m caphit maybe he'd be more interesting on waivers.

It wasn't so long ago that Fagemo and Moverare were being hyped by Kings fans. Same with Jett Woo and especially Rathbone in Vancouver. Rathbone would fit the Avs at least stylistically but not sure there's enough there for CMac to use a roster spot on him, especially as he's another smallish LHD.
Thomas is easily the most talented of the wavier group after Thomson got claimed by the Ducks. I heard he got two major shoulder surgeries and hasn't really been the same. I would say go after him if we didn't have Drouin, but Fagemo could be a good shout. The difference is if Avs thinks he's a better player than Schueneman or Ahcan who've both had solid training camps (along with Malinski on the depth chart).

Reactions: Richard88

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_5330.jpeg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Thomas is easily the most talented of the wavier group after Thomson got claimed by the Ducks. I heard he got two major shoulder surgeries and hasn't really been the same. I would say go after him if we didn't have Drouin, but Fagemo could be a good shout. The difference is if Avs thinks he's a better player than Schueneman or Ahcan who've both had solid training camps (along with Malinski on the depth chart).
Thomson is a legit liability defensively. Can't defend worth a lick. On a bad team, you can live with that wart on the bottom pairing. I wouldn't want him here in a role.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Thomson is a legit liability defensively. Can't defend worth a lick. On a bad team, you can live with that wart on the bottom pairing. I wouldn't want him here in a role.
I agree with you hench. If there's a guy that just plays a low event, safe and consistent game that's the guy they should target. They've got enough high event players on D, they just need a really boring guy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I agree with you hench. If there's a guy that just plays a low event, safe and consistent game that's the guy they should target. They've got enough high event players on D, they just need a really boring guy.
If they get a guy for that role, that's exactly who they need. I think they'll just run with JMFJ on the right side and Clurman will probably get a run. If there are issues at the spot through the season, they'll grab a guy near the deadline.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
If they get a guy for that role, that's exactly who they need. I think they'll just run with JMFJ on the right side and Clurman will probably get a run. If there are issues at the spot through the season, they'll grab a guy near the deadline.
Who would be your top RHD target at the deadline? Dumba, DeMelo, Walker, etc?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Who would be your top RHD target at the deadline? Dumba, DeMelo, Walker, etc?
Whatever guy is playing the best at the deadline and can handle a 1:30 a game PK role. All of the guys who will be available (and affordable) all have warts, so whichever one is covering them up the best... and doesn't cost more than 2 3rds.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
How about making a move for Shane Pinto?

Something like Ritchie + picks/prospects for Pinto, who gets signed at $2.5mx2 or thereabouts. To make cap work just send MacDermid and Francouz the other way or out in a separate deal.

Ottawa solve their Pinto issue and get a young C back. Avs get a young C who can help in contending years sooner than Ritchie and also be the long-term replacement for Johansen at 2C. In the meantime he plays 3C with Colton at LW.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - RyJo - Rantanen
Colton - Pinto - Tatar
Wood - Olofsson - LOC
Cogliano

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
How about making a move for Shane Pinto?

Something like Ritchie + picks/prospects for Pinto, who gets signed at $2.5mx2 or thereabouts. To make cap work just send MacDermid and Francouz the other way or out in a separate deal.

Ottawa solve their Pinto issue and get a young C back. Avs get a young C who can help in contending years sooner than Ritchie and also be the long-term replacement for Johansen at 2C. In the meantime he plays 3C with Colton at LW.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - RyJo - Rantanen
Colton - Pinto - Tatar
Wood - Olofsson - LOC
Cogliano
I would like that deal a lot. However I think the + would have to be pretty hefty for Ottawa to consider doing it. A 1st and probably another good prospect.

Reactions: Richard88

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Maybe a quarter million low, but seems like a fair bridge to me. If Zegras lives up to his potential, Anaheim has a huge bill to pay (or moves his rights)... but can worry about that in 3 years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What's up with Rasmus Asplund? He was almost good and then immediately that's it.
He's just a classic AAAA player who played well on bad team.. then when any expectations hit, couldn't live up to them. He's also yet another guy who relied heavily on his skating at lower levels that found it wasn't an advantage in the NHL and just had nothing else to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad