Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
What's lost in the Graves hate is how bad we f***ing needed a save by Grubauer there and didn't get it. Jesus Christ that was weak.
That series really collapsed on us. Gru started playing like shit, Graves was playing like shit. The PP and PK just fell off completely. Then we had guys like Nemeth playing the worst hockey of their already terrible careers.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Are we quoting the Graves video so many times in this thread in order to do a case study on whether the American or Canadian health care provides better and/or cheaper treatment of hockey-induced PTSD?
I don't know about PTSD and insurance, but you haven't experienced real rage in life until you've dealt with American health insurance and insurance agents.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Love Makar but if he wasn't doing a skate by on the bench that isn't even a scoring chance.

Shots get blocked all the time last I checked.

The issue is that most players with a somewhat functioning brain wouldn’t try the exact same, low percentage shot a second time.

The shot got blocked, he still had passing options or just throw it in the corner, but nope… as always, Graves went for glory.

What's lost in the Graves hate is how bad we f***ing needed a save by Grubauer there and didn't get it. Jesus Christ that was weak.

You could always count on Grubauer to be outplayed and allow a shitty goal when the team needed him the most. Total sieve.

Only difference between Gru and Kuemper was that the team in front of Kuemper was out of this world consistently dominant.

Both guys were total shit for us, I won’t accept anybody saying anything to the contrary. We won a Cup in spite of awful goaltending, probably have 2 or 3 with this group with a proper goaltender.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
The issue is that most players with a somewhat functioning brain wouldn’t try the exact same, low percentage shot a second time.

The shot got blocked, he still had passing options or just throw it in the corner, but nope… as always, Graves went for glory.

You could always count on Grubauer to be outplayed and allow a shitty goal when the team needed him the most. Total sieve.

Only difference between Gru and Kuemper was that the team in front of Kuemper was out of this world consistently dominant.

Both guys were total shit for us, I won’t accept anybody saying anything to the contrary. We won a Cup in spite of awful goaltending, probably have 2 or 3 with this group with a proper goaltender.
KuemperIsALegend

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Wonder what kanes motivation is to play this season. The guy has won x3 and made money. Only thing he hasn’t really checked off is playing for his hometown team which he could check all 3 boxes since just making playoffs would be a huge step for buffalo

Reactions: MacKaRant

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

I don't even know what you guys are talking about...
1695987010800.png

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That series really collapsed on us. Gru started playing like shit, Graves was playing like shit. The PP and PK just fell off completely. Then we had guys like Nemeth playing the worst hockey of their already terrible careers.

All while some scrub named Bo Byram sat in rafters watching. Bednar owns some blame for that shit show. No rookie mistakes Byram could have made would have been worse than what Nemeth ended up doing in that series - I'll die on that hill.

Reminds me of the 2014 round 1 game 7 OT goal against. Varly screwed the pooch on that long shot too.

Say what you want about Kuemper but in Game 6 of the finals he made at least 2 big key saves to keep the Avs ahead. We won't talk about game 5...

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Friedman talks Toews this morning, says the Avs do not want to go long term (specifically says 5 years). Friedman goes on to say if Toews gives them shorter term then the AAV is going to be huge.

cMac should have traded this soon to be 30 year old over the summer, while his value was sky high, for a real 2C.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
All part of the plan. Make it seem like they’re only going short term the whole time. Then finally when at the end they swing back in with an 8 year deal with a lower aav and sweep Toews off his feet.
Yep. We all know how this goes. Will end up being 7 - 8 years, and get his AAV down around $7M or under. They'll give him a NMC for the first 3 years, then a 10 - 15 team NTC for the next couple, and nothing the last year or two.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yep. We all know how this goes. Will end up being 7 - 8 years, and get his AAV down around $7M or under. They'll give him a NMC for the first 3 years, then a 10 - 15 team NTC for the next couple, and nothing the last year or two.

Committing 7 million to a 35+ contract for a defenseman. That can only go well...

It makes sense the Avs don't want to go past 5 years. 35+ contracts are a nightmare waiting to happen.

It makes no sense to me that they were so smart with Kadri, and they're going to be so stupid with Toews.

Reactions: Alienblood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad