Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They will have no cap space at the deadline. Any move will have to be money in/money out.

Yeah and I don't see even a medium sized salary they'll want to move out.

They'll want to keep their top 9, plus at least Cogs and probably LOC, and likely all 6D, unless they pull some blockbuster out of a hat. Which they won't need if relatively healthy. Or a high priced player has a season ending injury that increases their LTIR space.

Wouldn't be surprised if we just see a pick/prospect for a RD addition around $1M or perhaps that after retention, that will only cost about $250k toward the cap when it's prorated.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
But that's the thing man...my two stories are considered "minor incidents".

What happens when you break a bone and require more care? Or need an MRI that costs more money?

They gave my child infants ibuprofen and we were billed almost $3000. My kidney stone, all they did was a CT scan to confirm that's what it was, and it was still about $2000.

You start adding in things like broken bones, muscle tears that require surgery, or things like diabetic care if you have a flare up, or god forbid a heart attack or even cancer, you're going bankrupt with the way the US has their system set up. It's ridiculous.

How much does health care cost that would have you covered for all that?

Can you get a health plan from your employer that would have them pay some or all?

We have "free health" care for surgeries and hospital/doctor visits but then I pay $200 a month for my benefits like dental, prescriptions, chiro etc for my family and my employer pays the other half.

Reactions: Alienblood

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Granlund was last year's news, it wasn't gonna happen after we got Ryjo.

Everyone should prepare themselves for Zucker @50% at the TDL, especially if Drouin can't hack it in the top-9.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
How much does health care cost that would have you covered for all that?

Can you get a health plan from your employer that would have them pay some or all?

We have "free health" care for surgeries and hospital/doctor visits but then I pay $200 a month for my benefits like dental, prescriptions, chiro etc for my family and my employer pays the other half.
Yes you can either get health insurance through the Affordable Care Act or through your employer if they provide it. But it doesn’t cover all of it. You can either get a standard plan or high deductible plan. The standard plan costs more per paycheck (my family of 6 would be $450 per paycheck, so just shy of $1000 a month), but it doesn’t pay all of it. You still have to meet a deductible before they’ll cover *some* of it; then you have a max Out of Pocket before they’ll cover everything.

High deductible is the same only you pay slightly less per paycheck with the trade off being that your deductible and OOP costs are higher.

Again it’s not about saying one is better or worse; but Americans go bankrupt paying their medical bills

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Have you seen how much

He’s got an argument for it. Have you seen what Nurse and Jones are making? GMs can’t help themselves.
Klefbom basically retiring is the best thing to happen to Nurse bank account....that and being best buds with McDavid. GM wants to keep Connie happy so they overpay Nurse by 4 million. Oh and yes Toews at the very least can get Nurse contract or better from some desperate GM. I dont doubt it.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
But that's the thing man...my two stories are considered "minor incidents".

What happens when you break a bone and require more care? Or need an MRI that costs more money?

They gave my child infants ibuprofen and we were billed almost $3000. My kidney stone, all they did was a CT scan to confirm that's what it was, and it was still about $2000.

You start adding in things like broken bones, muscle tears that require surgery, or things like diabetic care if you have a flare up, or god forbid a heart attack or even cancer, you're going bankrupt with the way the US has their system set up. It's ridiculous.
well we get it but it isn't free in Canada either. We are taxed to death for shitty care and long waits with a high percentage of people without even a doctor.

My nose for example has to be re broken to fix a deviated septum and breathing problems and i don' t even know if it will be covered by the government in the 1st place.

So I have to pay out of pocket thousands on top of everything to have it done anyways.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I pay $4000 a month in taxes. I'd gladly take a bill for 2k at the hospital once a year than pay close to 50k in taxes a year.
You're still paying taxes in the states too. For reference, Capfriendly has Toronto at a 56% tax rate, and the lowest is Nashville at 42%. Add on the additional cost of insurance and deductibles, it's close to the same amount going to the government/insurance companies.

But at least in Canada you get peace of mind if you have a major operation/cancer/etc. you won't lose your house. There's benefits to the American healthcare system, but cost is not one of them imo.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
To pay taxes? You do know not all tax payments are directed at health care...right?
I was talking about more than taxes bud we are taxed to death for everything.

The other issues are not what we were discussing.

We also have the highest costs for drugs of any country.

good luck ! my girlfriend has MS and her drug plan doesn't even cover those and they are thousands of dollars a year and she even works for the government .

Last edited:

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
You're still paying taxes in the states too. For reference, Capfriendly has Toronto at a 56% tax rate, and the lowest is Nashville at 42%. Add on the additional cost of insurance and deductibles, it's close to the same amount going to the government/insurance companies.

But at least in Canada you get peace of mind if you have a major operation/cancer/etc. you won't lose your house. There's benefits to the American healthcare system, but cost is not one of them imo.
Lots of people here don't have cancer drugs paid for, they have to sell there house for them. Same goes here there isn't peace of mind for that

If you don't have a good private healthcare plan here you can't pay for the drugs which are the most expensive in the world.

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Lots of people here don't have cancer drugs paid for, they have to sell there house for them. Same goes here there isn't peace of mind for that

If you don't have a good private healthcare plan here you can't pay for the drugs which are the most expensive in the world.
Are you talking about Canada?

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Are you talking about Canada?
yes, like I say my gf takes a drug for MS that they use for cancer and it isn't covered by the government or her private benefits working for the government. luckily the MS society helps with some of the cost.

I know of people that had to sell there house and don't know what to do for some cancer drugs as well.

was a big story on the fifth estate about this as well.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Cancer treatments are covered by your provincial health care. There are basic drugs that are included but aren't the best. The meds that are more effective at relieving pain and nausea that make your life more comfortable aren't free and you need an extended health care plan, but the actual treatment is covered.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
yes, like I say my gf takes a drug for MS that they use for cancer and it isn't covered by the government or her private benefits working for the government. luckily the MS society helps with some of the cost.

I know of people that had to sell there house and don't know what to do for some cancer drugs as well.

was a big story on the fifth estate about this as well.
ok back to hockey sorry to derail the thread. Backlund at 4.5 mil no thanks

Cancer treatments are covered by your provincial health care. There are basic drugs that are included but aren't the best. The meds that are more effective at relieving pain and nausea that make your life more comfortable aren't free and you need an extended health care plan, but the actual treatment is covered.
yes you are right the treatments are covered and different provinces have different healthcare costs.

Alberta for one I had to pay out of pocket for stitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad