Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Kadri (the last two season's version) is outperforming Lindholm on the same team by a significant margin. Not sure how that can be reconciled. Then if we look at how well Kadri played that season, we are in two different universes.
Lindholm had 8 more points in 2 less games than Kadri last year.

Anyways I don't want to start an argument with you because they usually go nowhere.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Lindholm had 8 more points in 2 less games than Kadri last year.

Anyways I don't want to start an argument with you because they usually go nowhere.
Points don't always tell the full story. That is how you get JTC is a #2C sort of ideas. Kadri has been far superior to Lindholm for 1.5 seasons on the same team. It is night and day different analytically and on-ice impact. If Lindholm was clearly better, he'd be performing better than Kadri. Which is simply not the case.

Feel free to scroll through here:

Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Points don't always tell the full story. That is how you get JTC is a #2C sort of ideas. Kadri has been far superior to Lindholm for 1.5 seasons on the same team. It is night and day different analytically and on-ice impact. If Lindholm was clearly better, he'd be performing better than Kadri. Which is simply not the case.

Feel free to scroll through here:

Good breakdown, thanks

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
How is Lindholm worse than Kadri? He had 78 and 82 point seasons including 40 plus goals. Kadri only had that one career season in the cup run and he’s older than Lindholm.

And can you give me the winning lottery numbers since you see the future and know for sure that Kovalenko won’t play

....I honestly don't get it with you sometimes.

I am quite literally comparing the 2022 Cup team to the potential 2024 team. Who gives a rats ass about Kadri today, we are talking about 2022 Kadri and only 2022 Kadri. And yes, 2022 Kadri is in a different world compared to 2024 Lindholm. They aren't even close.

As for the Kovalenko notes... It isn't hard to understand how Bednar and the Avs opperate. Just pay attention and this stuff becomes more evident.

Kovalenko as a complete rookie with ~20 games of NHL experience by the time the playoffs start, is not going to have a roster spot over the likes of LOC, Cogs, Olofsson, Drouin(If he keeps playing this way especially)... Hell even Kiviranta probably earns the injury replacement before Kovalenko.

Reactions: The Moops and Avs44

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

And yet they put absolutely no effort whatsoever into developing a goalie, nor did they put much of any effort in (again) to making certain they had a halfway decent 3G, with an immensely injury-prone 2G whose lack of durability burned them horribly once already.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
And yet they put absolutely no effort whatsoever into developing a goalie, nor did they put much of any effort in (again) to making certain they had a halfway decent 3G, with an immensely injury-prone 2G whose lack of durability burned them horribly once already.
They need a 1B, but don't want to pay up for one.

Good, solid code and reasoning to grab a 1B to split starts and send a message to George that it is still his net. This is just a 'concern of too much workload.'

Reactions: niwotsblessing

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Ya i cant believe they didnt know frankie was so injured in the offseason. Our doctors are useless.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
....I honestly don't get it with you sometimes.

I am quite literally comparing the 2022 Cup team to the potential 2024 team. Who gives a rats ass about Kadri today, we are talking about 2022 Kadri and only 2022 Kadri. And yes, 2022 Kadri is in a different world compared to 2024 Lindholm. They aren't even close.

As for the Kovalenko notes... It isn't hard to understand how Bednar and the Avs opperate. Just pay attention and this stuff becomes more evident.

Kovalenko as a complete rookie with ~20 games of NHL experience by the time the playoffs start, is not going to have a roster spot over the likes of LOC, Cogs, Olofsson, Drouin(If he keeps playing this way especially)... Hell even Kiviranta probably earns the injury replacement before Kovalenko.
I agree that 2022 Kadri had better year than Lindholm’s 2 best years where he scored 78 and 82 points, but you can also consider the fact that Kadri played on a cup winning team and a much better team than the Flames. Lindholm on the Avs could have as good of a season if not better than Kadri did in 22, or maybe Lindholm on the Avs wouldn’t be a fit. I’m just saying that overall Lindholm is a better player than Kadri IMO

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
They need a 1B, but don't want to pay up for one.

Good, solid code and reasoning to grab a 1B to split starts and send a message to George that it is still his net. This is just a 'concern of too much workload.'

Just go get Askarov and call it a day. Maybe Henrique too.

I agree that 2022 Kadri had better year than Lindholm’s 2 best years where he scored 78 and 82 points, but you can also consider the fact that Kadri played on a cup winning team and a much better team than the Flames. Lindholm on the Avs could have as good of a season if not better than Kadri did in 22, or maybe Lindholm on the Avs wouldn’t be a fit. I’m just saying that overall Lindholm is a better player than Kadri IMO

I think Kadri is the superior player for what he brings but doesn't Lindholm have some pretty good defensive metrics?

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Just go get Askarov and call it a day. Maybe Henrique too.

I think Kadri is the superior player for what he brings but doesn't Lindholm have some pretty good defensive metrics?
Kadri has that tough to play against factor, physical and nasty if he doesn’t cross the line and get suspended, but Lindholm is a better 2 way center.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Bednar has made exceptions - Makar, Newhook, Timmins, and Ranta all got postseason experience with little NHL experience.

Outside of Makar, Kovalenko is farther along than the other names when they finally joined the team. IIRC Ranta only played because of a slew of injuries, but if Kovalenko shows something prior to the playoffs he'll have an opportunity, albeit a short leash IMO.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I wouldn’t worry about Bednar not finding a roster spot for Kovalenko. For that to happen the Avs need to be completely 100% healthy and we know that’s not happening in regular season or playoffs. Also RyJo needs to be replaced by a real 2C, otherwise it shouldn’t be hard to at least replace RyJo with Kovy, but there will be injuries and Kovalenko will get his chance, and if he gets his chance and runs away with it, all good

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad