Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
There has been two guys I have always wanted on the Avs. Pat Maroon and Corey Perry. You win with guys like them.

But aside from the Cooper comments there was a different veteran coach that said that Perry was the best locker room leader he has ever coached.

“That’s a hard one to answer for me; I could be here all day,” Cooper said. “What he meant not only to this organization but to me personally. I don’t know where he’s going to end up in his career when he finally finishes, but I hope he’s back here with us. Because you’re not going to meet somebody more first class than Corey Perry — somebody that would just lay it all on the line to win. He was just a gem to have on this team, what he meant to the coaching staff and the bench. He was like an extension of us. He just gets it. Guys that get it, there’s not a ton of them out there. And he’s one of them, I’ll tell you that.”

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
Should, but it doesn't prove to be true though.

Maybe more so with bad trade proposals, but not repetition of opinions, or view points. Not trying to get OT, but you can see this in many areas online, not just hockey.

It's a real issue, because we're still young in the social media age, and still getting used to deciphering bad information from good online, and good sources from bad.

Large numbers of people seem to gravitate toward the most vocal and most confident sounding, and that group include a lot of people who just don't know what they're talking about, and tend to be overly emotional, rather than rational or logical.
Poster repetition, repeating the same blather incessantly, I find annoying and will quickly ignore said poster.

Reactions: Foppa2118

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I've got a buddy who works for the Buffalo Bills and has frequent contact with the Pegulas. He reached out recently since he knows I'm a hockey fan as he overheard Pegula on the phone with someone discussing something about Tage Thompson and the Avalanche. Don't shoot the messenger but I thought you'd all be interested in hearing this! (Did I do good?)
All this seems complecated. Why don't you use the grocery bagger? A lot easier.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I forget which coach it was but he basically said that in a locker room full of stars and leaders Perry was the best leader of men he has ever had.

Found it

There's articles all over about how Perry is loved by his team-mates and is one of the most respected guys in the league. We would be fortunate to have him.

Respectfully disagree JH.

Jon Cooper loves to hear himself talk, and has said a lot of dramatic, yet steaming bullshit over the years. Remember all the lies and nonsense he said in the Avs series to work the refs, and motivate his players?

Cooper's a good motivator, and a good tacticitan, but he ain't no truth teller. He's a lawyer by trade too.

If Perry's such a good leader, how come he lost three Cup finals in a row? Just by sheer luck, a good leader would get his team over the hump in at least one of them.

If he's such a good leader, how come a young rebuilding team, desperately in need of a leader, terminated his contract because of an off ice incident?

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Perry's such a good leader, how come he lost three Cup finals in a row?
Are you serious?

If Perry's such a trouble maker, how come everywhere he goes players and coaches say he's an awesome leader?

His coach in Chicago was assistant coach in Montreal when Perry was there and he decided that he wanted him in the room for Bedard and the young guys. That's a pretty big statement. Chicago offered him 4M for 1 year just for his presence in the room. We know he f***ed up but it didn't have anything to do with hockey.

Reactions: JH21

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Are you serious?

If Perry's such a trouble maker, how come everywhere he goes players and coaches say he's an awesome leader?

His coach in Chicago was assistant coach in Montreal when Perry was there and he decided that he wanted him in the room for Bedard and the young guys. That's a pretty big statement. Chicago offered him 4M for 1 year just for his presence in the room. We know he f***ed up but it didn't have anything to do with hockey.

Probably because people tend to confuse someone who has a "serious" demeanor with good leadership skills. See David Backes, Blake Wheeler, and countless others.

You conventiely left out my other question though.

If Perry's such a good leader, how come a young rebuilding team, desperately in need of a leader, terminated his contract because of an off ice incident?

Did Richardson's supposed beliefs about Perry's leadership prove to be true or untrue?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Manson likes Henrique

d4MUmu9.jpeg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Like Landy leading the Avs to 3 2nd round exits in a row?

No I don't view them similarly.

As opposed to some of Perry's teams, those Avs teams were much less experienced and not ready to win yet, as opposed to Dallas and Tampa especially for Perry.

Landy also made up for that with a great Cup run, and would never have his contract terminated because of an off ice incident.

If the Avs didn't win, maybe you could make that comparison, but hopefully we can at least agree that Landy is a much better leader than Perry.

Reactions: BrickNHL

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
No I don't view them similarly. Landy made up for that with a great Cup run, and would never have his contract terminated because of an off ice incident.

If the Avs didn't win, maybe you could make that comparison, but hopefully we can at least agree that Landy is a much better leader than Perry.
I bet almost nobody anticipated that Perry would have his contract terminated because of an off ice incident.

Yes I think Landy is a better leader, but your logic is flawed. Roy and Sakic both lost plenty of playoff series, doesn't reflect their leadership abilities. Those teams he was on wouldn't have beaten the eventual winners unless Perry turned into Gretzky anyways.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I bet almost nobody anticipated that Perry would have his contract terminated because of an off ice incident.

Yes I think Landy is a better leader, but your logic is flawed. Roy and Sakic both lost plenty of playoff series, doesn't reflect their leadership abilities. Those teams he was on wouldn't have beaten the eventual winners unless Perry turned into Gretzky anyways.

It's not about losing playoff series. It's the total package. It's the losing, plus the rat like behavior, plus the contract termination for his off ice incident.

You can't make that comparison to Landy, Sakic, or Roy.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I hope Cmac is watching Philly getting goalied by 850k AAV Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad