Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You seem to still be off on where this is. Not everyone is going to agree that Zegras is the way to go (independent of Byram or whatever the acquisition cost). If that’s the way they go, people will hope for the best because they want the team to be successful. But if they do this and the team comes up short because Zegras isn’t up to it...if there’s another step that he needs to take but never does, it’s going to become super loud for you.

Are you aware of that?

Won’t be the first or last time :laugh:

Thanks for looking out for me. :nod:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yup. We should trade Nuke or Lehky exactly the type of players you need in the playoffs for Zegras who can score the lacrosse goals. If I’m not mistaking we’re also adding Byram.

God I love HF!!!
If Landy comes back, absolutely they should trade one of them(And it shouldn't be Nuke).

$30M on 5 wingers is just even worse then spending $30M on 5 Dmen.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Landy comes back, absolutely they should trade one of them(And it shouldn't be Nuke).

$30M on 5 wingers is just even worse then spending $30M on 5 Dmen.
Yeah but not for Zegras. If im packaging Lehky and Byram to get a center, I want a really good two way center in return since im losing a really good defensive winger even with Landy coming back

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah if i absolutely have to add lehky to Byram, I'm going after Petterson, hischier or (haha) JEE
I’d do it for Hischier or Petterson. Lehky plus Byram is too much for JEE. Probably not enough for EP, but about right for Hischier

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah but not for Zegras. If im packaging Lehky and Byram to get a center, I want a really good two way center in return since im losing a really good defensive winger even with Landy coming back
Congrats, you just described Zegras.

Yeah if i absolutely have to add lehky to Byram, I'm going after Petterson, hischier or (haha) JEE

And herein lies the Crux of the issue.

Byram's value is juiced to the max on this board.

I’d do it for Hischier or Petterson. Lehky plus Byram is too much for JEE. Probably not enough for EP, but about right for Hischier

Just insanity

• Haha
Reactions: landy92mack29

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You seem to still be off on where this is. Not everyone is going to agree that Zegras is the way to go (independent of Byram or whatever the acquisition cost). If that’s the way they go, people will hope for the best because they want the team to be successful. But if they do this and the team comes up short because Zegras isn’t up to it...if there’s another step that he needs to take but never does, it’s going to become super loud for you.

Are you aware of that?
Why in the world would it be on @henchman21 if Zegras flamed out as our 2C?
Won’t be the first or last time :laugh:

Thanks for looking out for me. :nod:
I don't think he was looking out for you. I think he was warning you.
Welcome to the internet.
Yep, he's going to be a dork if Zegras doesn't work here.

• Haha
Reactions: henchman21

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I believe that Zegras is an extremely talented player with outstanding vision and playmaking ability... I think he'd make our #1PP a lot more lethal for example but as far as getting that guy that can really supplement MacKinnon down the middle and give us more of a two-way player and give Bednar options as far as match-ups, I don't believe Zegras is that player as a #2C.

The Ducks are playing tonight against the predators, I'm going to make a point to watch that game and see what's what. He's supposed to be playing LW with Henrique as his C (and that's with Carlsson out too).

I know he's been injured but 7 points in 19 games is concerning especially for a guy playing over 18 minutes per night with a team-high 3:00 per game on the PP.
Well, that was short-lived. Zegras started the game at RW with Henrique at C and Terry at LW. Leo Carlsson is still injured. They had 3 shifts together when Z and Terry seemed to switch sides at that point on the 3rd shift and then Zegras went down awkwardly and has not returned.

Not much to report apart from the fact that he seems 'kinda floaty'.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Congrats, you just described Zegras.

And herein lies the Crux of the issue.

Byram's value is juiced to the max on this board.

Just insanity
I mean Byram+Lehky isn’t a far off value
For Hischier if NJ sees Byram as a potential legit top pair D or even a #1 D someday. Even if Avs would have to add, it wouldn’t be too much.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
For Hischier if NJ sees Byram as a potential legit top pair D or even a #1 D someday. Even if Avs would have to add, it wouldn’t be too much.
Tom would put the Jordan laugh to shame

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Personally, I would not trade Lehkonen. Forechecking machine - clutch in the playoffs.

Has 59 points in 76 games played for the Avs and 20 points in 27 playoff games in the combined 2 seasons he's been here.

All for $4.5M per year.

What are you guys on? Acid?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
For their 25 year old Selke level Captain? And wouldn't even be their best long term LD?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I mean they’re getting a younger future #1D who they can name a captain. Add Lehky and they’ll do it
Right...so then they can be the ones looking for a #2C?

We can give them Ryjo - problem solved!

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Then you spend the 1 mil more and have Compher at 5m for 3C and can be used up in the lineup in case if injuries and aquire a proper 2C for 6-9m which would be what Johansen is getting and use Girards money after we trade him. That 2C would have been Kadri.

Lehkonen- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Drouin- Kadri- Nichushkin
Wood- Compher- O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
JJ - Malinksi

That lineup is just so much better than what we have.

So one random poster makes claims about Kuznetsov and its supposed to be taken with 100% certainty. Yeah, ok
JTC @ 5M to play 3C is lulworthy

Reactions: Bender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad