Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Byram who was great in the cup run specially game 6?
Who has the same attitude as Zegras..

Guys want to win. They won’t give a shit if Zegras helps with that. Most locker rooms are not all BFFs.

When Zegras has a run like Bo did in our cup year, I'll shut the f*** up about him.
Zegras is the superior player today. By a good margin too.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Who has the same attitude as Zegras..

Guys want to win. They won’t give a shit if Zegras helps with that. Most locker rooms are not all BFFs.

Zegras is the superior player today. By a good margin too.
I don’t really see the same attitude in Byram

Reactions: avsfan09

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah. Well maybe you should recuse yourself given your own bias going back to his draft year.
I’m a fan of Zegras… but I’ve always admitted he’s a shit and the type you only love when he’s on your team. People’s bias for Byram clouds their judgement here. This is also a team that has dealt with worse locker room stuff than Zegras in the last year.

Reactions: lionsDen

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I’m a fan of Zegras… but I’ve always admitted he’s a shit and the type you only love when he’s on your team. People’s bias for Byram clouds their judgement here. This is also a team that has dealt with worse locker room stuff than Zegras in the last year.

You think that acknowledgment makes you less biased than anyone else? Keep in mind, your comment about a lot of judgment followed an exchange with two people acknowledging all options have warts.

Reactions: avsfan09

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You think that acknowledgment makes you less biased than anyone else? Keep in mind, your comment about a lot of judgment followed an exchange with two people acknowledging all options have warts.
What even is this comment? Rhetorical question followed by a statement to preemptively try to invalidate?

Think the Avs are in it?
If they aren’t, they’d be stupid not to be.

(I don’t think there is much smoke here. Teams asked this summer and were rebuffed very quickly. Doesn’t make sense to move him now)

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
What even is this comment? Rhetorical question followed by a statement to preemptively try to invalidate?

(I don’t think there is much smoke here. Teams asked this summer and were rebuffed very quickly. Doesn’t make sense to move him now)
I'd pay a lot for him. The comparison to Kadri is a pretty good one contract wise too. I think he'd do well in CO personally. I think that buys the Avs at least 1, maybeeeee 2 years of contending.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018

Other people are also acknowledging their preferences aren’t bulletproof. You have your own forms of judgment stemming from your own bias. This is what makes your comment about judgment as it relates to others odd.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I didn't even know Seravalli actually put Zegras on the "Trade board" if he's available the Avs simply have to get it done.

At his cap hit, upside, and age, you simply won't find a better fit.

It would have to be a pretty massive trade and probably involve a piece lots of people here wouldn't like though(Lehkonen). A simple Byram+ probably doesn't get it done because the need for a LD as of right now isn't very high...

Reactions: missionAvs

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I didn't even know Seravalli actually put Zegras on the "Trade board" if he's available the Avs simply have to get it done.

At his cap hit, upside, and age, you simply won't find a better fit.

It would have to be a pretty massive trade and probably involve a piece lots of people here wouldn't like though(Lehkonen). A simple Byram+ probably doesn't get it done because the need for a LD as of right now isn't very high...
Get Nuke to waive instead of lehky

• Wow
Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Other people are also acknowledging their preferences aren’t bulletproof. You have your own forms of judgment stemming from your own bias. This is what makes your comment about judgment as it relates to others odd.
Ive admitted many times my opinions are not infallible or perfect. That I’m wrong more than I’m right. Should I have to disclaim that in each post? In this specific instance, if you can’t see Byram is on the same cocky/arrogant spectrum… you’re blind with bias. Both are cocky/arrogant players.

On level of play this is more debatable, but still leans very heavily towards Zegras. Especially given the struggles of Byram for a couple seasons now. This was also not in the string you are talking about.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Ive admitted many times my opinions are not infallible or perfect. That I’m wrong more than I’m right. Should I have to disclaim that in each post? In this specific instance, if you can’t see Byram is on the same cocky/arrogant spectrum… you’re blind with bias. Both are cocky/arrogant players.

On level of play this is more debatable, but still leans very heavily towards Zegras. Especially given the struggles of Byram for a couple seasons now. This was also not in the strong you are talking about.
Zegras is way worse this year though.

Reactions: Alienblood

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018

On level of play this is more debatable, but still leans very heavily towards Zegras. Especially given the struggles of Byram for a couple seasons now. This was also not in the string you are talking about.

You seem to still be off on where this is. Not everyone is going to agree that Zegras is the way to go (independent of Byram or whatever the acquisition cost). If that’s the way they go, people will hope for the best because they want the team to be successful. But if they do this and the team comes up short because Zegras isn’t up to it...if there’s another step that he needs to take but never does, it’s going to become super loud for you.

Are you aware of that?

• Wow
Reactions: expatriatedtexan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad