Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
this thing has been going on for so long that when the Avs finally get a decent 1-2 punch at C, it will take time for me to get used to it. just like it took me years to finally accept that the Avs had a really good D, not a bunch of ECHL pylons.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We desperately need a true 2C. The bottom 6 is producing but the top-6 just kinda feels like it exists on paper
Problem is now Bo is no longer tradeable with Girard going into the Player Assistance program.

The Avs can probably try to offer multiple 1sts and prospects, but which player is going to be available? You don't want to pay through the roof for Elias Lindholm only to see him walk as a UFA. If Calgary would accept a 1st + prospect, sure. Idk if they will.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Problem is now Bo is no longer tradeable with Girard going into the Player Assistance program.

The Avs can probably try to offer multiple 1sts and prospects, but which player is going to be available? You don't want to pay through the roof for Elias Lindholm only to see him walk as a UFA. If Calgary would accept a 1st + prospect, sure. Idk if they will.
Hope Girard will be ok ..

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
RyJo is playing 10-13 minutes a night lately and MacKinnon/Rantanen 22-25 minutes. It's not sustainable.

Sounds like another first round playoff exit. You can't do this again.. huge mistake. You burnout the top players and then they perform like shit when they need to hit the next gear. They used the gear for regular season.

They need to manage the minutes, even in danger of losing games. Long-term it's still better. We will make the playoffs even if they play two-three minutes less.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Flames aren't going to sell as long as they are in the playoff picture and they are still very much in it.

0IriZOu.png

Reactions: The Moops

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
It's really Lindholm or bust for me. Flames fans sounds good with Calum Ritchie and a 1st for him. Question is can we keep him next season?
If you're paying that price that question needs to be answered minutes after the trade has taken place with an announcement of an extension.
Mentioned this on the main boards in a thread but curious to what folks think of the value here?

Ryan Johansen
Bowen Byram

for

Brock Nelson
Alexander Romanov

Avs get a legit 35+ goal scoring 2C for 2 playoff runs, and a bit of a reclamation project in Romanov but should be a decent 3rd pairing LD for us at least. They get out of the RyJo deal without needing to buy him out or move a pick to get rid of him. Losing Byram is a hefty price but I think this kind of trade makes the Avs much better balanced from a roster contruction perspective right now and allows us to keep our draft picks and prospects to use for rorster improvement elsewhere.

I dunno if Nelson would actually be available but the Isles do have an excess number of Centers right now with Barzal, Horvat, Nelson, Pageau, all as natural Top 9 Centers. And the Isles do have a need for a Top 4 LD as Romanov has struggled in that role for them.

Avs would then look like this:

Nuke - Mack - Mikko
Drouin - Nelson - Lehky
Wood - Colton - Tatar
Cogs - Olofsson - LOC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Romanov - Jones
Johnson - MacDermid

With Kovalenko/Landy potentially pushing Drouin/Tatar out of the lineup by the playoffs and(IMO) you use the draft capital we have to improve on the RD position at the deadline. Ideally you grab someone like DeMelo or Walker to push Manson down to the 3rd pairing.
I like that it would also fit the 'Ritchie is coming in 2 years window' but I'm not sure I love giving up Byram for only a 2 year run. I think the Avs would probably need more coming their way in this deal.

I've been thinking about a Nelson for Girard as a base trade for the past 2 weeks or so but now that's dead.

Sucks that the Avs dragged their feet on this trade - now Sammy G is likely untradable for the remainder of his contract.

I mean, has anyone ever entered the NHL assistance program and come back as good as before? I really wish he hadn't mentioned alcohol - who the hell is this guy's agent anyways??? That was a bad move. Now he's going to have that label the rest of his career whether he beats it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad