Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We missed out on cup chances due to everyone getting injured. The one year we lost to Dallas or Vegas (forget exactly), Mackinnon was hurt in the final game, and would have missed the rest of the playoffs. We were cooked anyways.

Last year was a depth issue, I'll give you that.
Just saying. They added Carter and Richards that TDL I think? I mean they went all in and added two major players and won. So they weren’t a Cinderella story 8 seed necessarily.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Just saying. They added Carter and Richards that TDL I think? I mean they went all in and added two major players and won. So they weren’t a Cinderella story 8 seed necessarily.
I think they got them in 2011. Not at the deadline, but they did win the cup in 2012.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_5480.jpeg

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

It makes sense to have the Avs in the mix because it’s known they’re looking for depth scoring, but really not sure it’s because of injuries mounting. We knew Lando was out from day one so no surprise there, LOC is short term, and we don’t know for sure Mack will out (we already had Makar get an x-ray this year and was fine). The only significant injury is Lehkonen.

Just seems odd to me that article lists being in on Kane due to injury. IMO they’re likely in on Kane because the inconsistency of the offense.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
They still have time. Majority of their stars are on the good side of 30. Four of their top 4 D-men are 25 or younger.

The biggest thing that's killing them is the COVID Cap. Hopefully, it continues to increase and they can find a 2C soon.

It's not the Covid Cap. It's CMac's incompetence.

Manson 4.5
Ryjo 4
Macdermid 1

That's just a quick sample of guys that the team would not miss at all if they were punted to the moon tomorrow. A casual 9.5 million in cap space open, more then enough to get a #2C.

Reactions: Nihiliste

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
You could argue that during one of those cups, they were nowhere near elite. They were an 8th seed and went to game 7 a few times. They only had 40 wins and 95 points that season.
You’re mixing up your years on that one. The 8th seed Kings (2012) were the ones who went 16-4 and took a 3-0 lead in every series. They were a 6th seed 100 point 46 win team when they went 7 games in the first 3 rounds. That also included the reverse sweep and the series against the pseudo dynasty Hawks

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Pitching the old man with the bad hip, who doesn't play a lick of defense, doesn't want to travel, and wants a multi-year deal, may not be the best idea.
He could also have a bionic hip now that improves his mobility, and is heavily motivated to prove he can still win.

But yeah, F the multi year business

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Let him go to Florida if he wants multi year and too much money

avsfan2189

Jun 22, 2019
I know he's 30 but would Sean Couturier be of interest to us? He's playing pretty decent from what I hear and he's historically been a great two way c. cap hit is a bit high but honestly for a 2c that's standard now. Would have to move $$ out maybe Manson (could be flyers hockey type of player for them) + tatar + prospect + pick?

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I know he's 30 but would Sean Couturier be of interest to us? He's playing pretty decent from what I hear and he's historically been a great two way c. cap hit is a bit high but honestly for a 2c that's standard now. Would have to move $$ out maybe Manson (could be flyers hockey type of player for them) + tatar + prospect + pick?
He’s also a bandaid, so he’ll fit right in.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
If you thought Johanson was slow, wait until you see Couturier haha

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad