Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
I like how everyone claims to be psychics and know what the future holds.

If I had a nickle everytime I heard someone say "our window will be closed" I'd be a very rich man.

The fact is as long as we have Mackinnon, Rantanen and Makar we will be contenders.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. There's always room for improvement, sure, but when isn't there? As far as I'm concerned, I'm good to go. I've seen three cups in my lifetime. Do I want them to win again? Hell yeah. But if not, oh well. I'm just glad I can look upon my favorite team and be really happy.

If only the Rockies would do something. Ugh.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Teams that get to a point where they only keep 3/4 stars and the rest of the team is trash. See Pittsburgh and imagine them with horrific drafting. Thats the future of the Avs if they keep the stars at all costs.
That's why we have to draft better

I think Nuke could end up being traded, especially if kovalenko clicks.
He is performing very well for his salary. No way I'd move him. You get rid of the dead weight.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I've said it a few times before and I'll say it again. I would trade anybody on this team except Makar (yep even Mack) if it makes the team better.

With that said if the Avs keep all their stars in the future we will need some of our picks to hit in the next few years to even have a chance to contend. I'm looking at Ritchie, Kovy and Guly. I'm also looking at guys like Behrens, Hanzel and Romaine to turn out as good bottom pair dmen or better.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They do contend. Every year.
Huh… They most certainly do not? They didn’t make the playoffs last year and have made it out of the first round once since their last cup win. They’re a playoff team 100% but not contenders. Not even close.

Reactions: GeoRox89

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I've said it a few times before and I'll say it again. I would trade anybody on this team except Makar (yep even Mack) if it makes the team better.

With that said if the Avs keep all their stars in the future we will need some of our picks to hit in the next few years to even have a chance to contend. I'm looking at Ritchie, Kovy and Guly. I'm also looking at guys like Behrens, Hanzel and Romaine to turn out as good bottom pair dmen or better.
Seriously? Mack and Mikko are top 10 players in the league right now. How are you getting better if you trade them? You’re flat out losing any trades you make involving MacK and Mikko and you’re not gonna be a better team

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Seriously? Mack and Mikko are top 10 players in the league right now. How are you getting better if you trade them? You’re flat out losing any trades you make involving MacK and Mikko and you’re not gonna be a better team
Well the important part of my statement was "if it makes the team better". If it makes the team better it means you won the trade and you are better off in the long run.

Edit: maybe the trade is also good for both sides but again if it makes the team better than it is a win for your team.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Well the important part of my statement was "if it makes the team better". If it makes the team better it means you won the trade and you are better off in the long run.
Yeah but you’re not gonna win any trades you make involving MacK or Mikko unless you trade them for someone better. And who are better than MacK and Mikko?

McDavid?
Draisaitl?
Pasta?
Tkachuk?
Hughes?
Matthews?

I mean you’re not getting any of those players, so any trade you make, you’re losing. And are any of those players really better than MacK or Mikko?

Yeah maybe if you trade Mikko for McDavid or Hughes, you’ll be better because they’re centers but no one is trading you those players

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yeah but you’re not gonna win any trades you make involving MacK or Mikko unless you trade them for someone better. And who are better than MacK and Mikko?

McDavid?
Draisaitl?
Pasta?
Tkachuk?
Hughes?
Matthews?

I mean you’re not getting any of those players, so any trade you make, you’re losing. And are any of those players really better than MacK or Mikko?

Yeah maybe if you trade Mikko for McDavid or Hughes, you’ll be better because they’re centers but no one is trading you those players
I am not in the camp that you always lose the trade when you trade the best player in that trade. Most of the time you do yes but if the GM is patient and wait for the right return you can take a dip short term but depending of the return you can sometimes turn it around very quickly and be a contender again.

Duchene was the best player in the trade but we can argue that getting G turned around completely the way this team played from that point on.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I am not in the camp that you always lose the trade when you trade the best player in that trade. Most of the time you do yes but if the GM is patient and wait for the right return you can take a dip short term but depending of the return you can sometimes turn it around very quickly and be a contender again.

Duchene was the best player in the trade but we can argue that getting G turned around completely the way this team played from that point on.
The Avs won the cup with this core, why would you want to trade them? that’s the question I have

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Avs need to move excess money where it's not being utilized to it's full potential to shore up an area they are weak in (2C)

The excess money they need to move comes from moving 2 of the 3 of Manson and 1 of Byram or Girard.

That frees up 8.5-9.5 million dollars or so for #4/5 dmen at their current level of play (Manson more like #6).

Reactions: Chiarelli

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith

Edit: maybe the trade is also good for both sides but again if it makes the team better than it is a win for your team.
In such a transaction the Avs must receive, among other considerations, the guaranteed 4OA pick in the next draft.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Avs need to move excess money where it's not being utilized to it's full potential to shore up an area they are weak in (2C)

The excess money they need to move comes from moving 2 of the 3 of Manson and 1 of Byram or Girard.

That frees up 8.5-9.5 million dollars or so for #4/5 dmen at their current level of play (Manson more like #6).

So we trade Manson and Byram or Girard and who replaces them in your scenario?

Reactions: niwotsblessing

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The Avs won the cup with this core, why would you want to trade them? that’s the question I have
Because with Mikko's pay raise and possibly Landy coming back, etc. eventually you have no depth at all. FTR I am not saying I want any of them traded. I'm saying if the right trade comes up and it would improve the team I would do it.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
So we trade Manson and Byram or Girard and who replaces them in your scenario?
Manson is easily replaceable by a guy like Caleb Jones who's actually outperformed him, or a cheap 1 million dollar UFA similar to JJ.

Losing Byram or G would hurt a bit for sure, but the one they end up keeping would have their minutes jump up and hopefully down the road a guy like Behrens, Gulyayev, or Malinski can step up and pick up a bit of that slack.

I'm not saying our d won't take a slight hit, but the cap space can be better utilized at 2C. The potential gain from it would outway the bad imo.

Reactions: missionAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad