Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Our savior!
At this stage in the season I don't think we need saving. I wonder if now is the time to start calling some of the kids up? The team is playing much better so it may be a better setting for the kids to develop. If we put in gushchin now he would be playing on a team that has shown the capability of scoring more than 1 goal a game. Take out Labanc for gushchin and maybe even Muk in the future?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I mean I’ll just say it, I dunno how Thrun has earned a callup.

I don’t really see how any of the AHL D have though, so yeah.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose

My theory: It’s not about who has earned a call up or even who can best help the Sharks win. It’s about development. For whatever reason, they feel that it would help Thrun to spend some time with the big club right now. While others, notably Mukhamadullin and Knyzhov, would be better served logging more minutes in key situations with the Cuda.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

Something I'm going to keep in mind, not just with him but especially Mukhamadullin, is that guys might not be playing to their potential with the Barracuda--be it mental stuff, the coaching, the system, the quality of talent around them...

There are all sorts of examples of guys who, while you want them to produce at every level, do improve their play upon moving up a level. We can hope that's the case with some of our guys.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Artem Guryev has been recalled to the Cuda, and Georgi Romanov has been sent down to Wichita (ECHL). So our goalies for this weekend's games will be Chrona and Makiniemi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad