Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Not really sure if this should go in the callup thread, but this isn't exactly Sharks roster related, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jordy Bellerive is under AHL contract for the rest of this year. Cuda currently dealing with injuries to Bordeleau, Wiesblatt and Coe and maybe don't want to be relying on PTO guys going forward.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Good time to call him up for a few games, right before the All-Star Break. Let's see what he can do.

I do remember thinking it seemed like there were a suspiciously large amount of execs at last night's Cuda game.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
This is just me reading the schedule and making a guess, but the Sharks play 1/27, 1/30 and 1/31, and then don't play again until Valentine's Day. Meanwhile the Cuda play this weekend and then are off until Feb. 2 in Abbotsford.

So I'm expecting Muk to play the three dates I mentioned for the Sharks and then be back with the Cuda for 2/2. Sharks should have more healthy defensemen by the time the 14th rolls around. If he stays, great, but I mentioned when Gushchin got called up earlier in the season that I like them calling guys up for quick stints when the schedule aligns like this.

I like Muk already, but I'm looking forward to future years when he's bigger and stronger. His shot is already a cannon.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
This is just me reading the schedule and making a guess, but the Sharks play 1/27, 1/30 and 1/31, and then don't play again until Valentine's Day. Meanwhile the Cuda play this weekend and then are off until Feb. 2 in Abbotsford.

So I'm expecting Muk to play the three dates I mentioned for the Sharks and then be back with the Cuda for 2/2. Sharks should have more healthy defensemen by the time the 14th rolls around. If he stays, great, but I mentioned when Gushchin got called up earlier in the season that I like them calling guys up for quick stints when the schedule aligns like this.

I like Muk already, but I'm looking forward to future years when he's bigger and stronger. His shot is already a cannon.
It's a pretty clever move, I think. Three games, see how they go, and then with the long break he's not going to feel like a failure for being sent back down--it's probably already been discussed. And they can take these three games, tell him how they went, what to work on, and have some good focused time with the Cuda again before he gets another chance.

From the clips I've seen and limited games I've seen, he seems to be quite good at getting the puck to the net quickly and efficiently in a way that can help lead to trouble and goals down low. This is something the Sharks' current group seems to, uh, not excel at, let's say.

hotcabbagesoup

Save us Celebrini!
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
From the clips I've seen and limited games I've seen, he seems to be quite good at getting the puck to the net quickly and efficiently in a way that can help lead to trouble and goals down low. This is something the Sharks' current group seems to, uh, not excel at, let's say.

Couture [thinking]: ah it's so great nowadays no Burnzie or anybody nailing me with shots.

***meanwhile at practice**(
Muk: [*shoots a puck that hits Couture in the crotch*]

Couture: DOH

***I know @The Nemesis loves these kinds of events

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
It's pretty sad to think our team has been bottomed out for 4 seasons now and this is only the 2nd notable prospect in that time period (that we're hoping to be a somewhat key piece of the future) that has been called up. Eklund being the other.

Bords had/has hope I guess.

hotcabbagesoup

Save us Celebrini!
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It's pretty sad to think our team has been bottomed out for 4 seasons now and this is only the 2nd notable prospect in that time period (that we're hoping to be a somewhat key piece of the future) that has been called up. Eklund being the other.

Bords had/has hope I guess.

Those four years are a sunk cost already. Just forget about them. But......you have to also realize and be excited that Musty will very very likely be here very soon. That guy is not going back to the OHL next year so he's gonna be on the Sharks, book it. Our very own Matthew Tkachuk. That guy will begin to light that fire in this organization.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Those four years are a sunk cost already. Just forget about them. But......you have to also realize and be excited that Musty will very very likely be here very soon. That guy is not going back to the OHL next year so he's gonna be on the Sharks, book it. Our very own Matthew Tkachuk.
I agree exciting things are ahead. There is a world out there next year where we win the lottery, Smith signs his ELC and our training camp next year consists of Celebrini, Smith, Musty, Bystedt, Muhkamadulin, etc. having good shots at a roster spot.

• Wow

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Don't recall specifics of rule, but a call up to NHL for a certain period would mandate that player getting the "bye week off" rather than being allowed to be returned to AHL.

• Wow

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Those four years are a sunk cost already. Just forget about them. But......you have to also realize and be excited that Musty will very very likely be here very soon. That guy is not going back to the OHL next year so he's gonna be on the Sharks, book it. Our very own Matthew Tkachuk. That guy will begin to light that fire in this organization.
Yeah, especially those first two years of this four year period--let's just be thankful those are in the rearview mirror and we don't have to re-live them again!

It's hard to know exactly how bright the future will be with this rebuild--lots of things need to break our way for it to properly blossom--but you're certainly right that we're now entering a period that should be more fun because even if we're not winning much with young guys in there, there WILL BE prospects who are part of the future in the lineup and there clearly is a rebuilding plan in place with Grier in charge.

The Timo trade ain't looking too shabby right now, is it?

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Yeah, especially those first two years of this four year period--let's just be thankful those are in the rearview mirror and we don't have to re-live them again!

It's hard to know exactly how bright the future will be with this rebuild--lots of things need to break our way for it to properly blossom--but you're certainly right that we're now entering a period that should be more fun because even if we're not winning much with young guys in there, there WILL BE prospects who are part of the future in the lineup and there clearly is a rebuilding plan in place with Grier in charge.

The Timo trade ain't looking too shabby right now, is it?
Shabby?? We came out ahead. Zets and Oak and the upcoming Muk. This was a robbery. In my opinion. Add in Musty.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Gawanke has to come up soon, no?
He's been out for a week with a UBI, perhaps will return sooner rather than later

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Christ :laugh:

Well he was frustrated about his lack of NHL opportunities in Winnipeg, and then we didn't ever call him up either. So, I guess not surprising? I just didn't think he'd do it mid-season.
In your opinion, do you think Gawanke has earned an NHL call up? Do you think he’ll find a one-way NHL contract out there or do you think he’ll be trying to move to Europe or something?

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad