Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
In your opinion, do you think Gawanke has earned an NHL call up? Do you think he’ll find a one-way NHL contract out there or do you think he’ll be trying to move to Europe or something?
I think watching Addison get signed and then Shakir get the call up, he realized he wasn’t going to get a shot unless the team was super desperate.

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
I think watching Addison get signed and then Shakir get the call up, he realized he wasn’t going to get a shot unless the team was super desperate.

San Jose Sharks on Thursday placed Leon Gawanke on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination.​

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
In your opinion, do you think Gawanke has earned an NHL call up? Do you think he’ll find a one-way NHL contract out there or do you think he’ll be trying to move to Europe or something?

I wish the Sharks had given him a shot before they acquired Addison. He's had a strong AHL season, offensively, but that trade was a big roadblock for him.

He'd already signed with Mannheim before we traded for him, I think he probably is Germany-bound.

Last edited:

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I wish the Sharks had given him a shot before they acquired Addison. He's had a strong AHL season, offensively, but that trade was a big roadblock for him.

He'd already signed with Mannheim before we traded for him, I think he probably is Germany-bound.
Confirmed by Pashelka:

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Seems stupid that he was acquired and rerouted from his plan to return to Germany on the apparent belief he'd get a shot to crack an NHL lineup and yet somehow he never got a chance to play a few games with arguably the worst defensive corps in the entire league. It wouldn't have killed them to give him a couple of those Vlasic scratch days just to see if he was worth keeping.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Seems stupid that he was acquired and rerouted from his plan to return to Germany on the apparent belief he'd get a shot to crack an NHL lineup and yet somehow he never got a chance to play a few games with arguably the worst defensive corps in the entire league. It wouldn't have killed them to give him a couple of those Vlasic scratch days just to see if he was worth keeping.
That trade might have been more about giving Kniazev a shot somewhere else. The org decided to take a flyer on Gawanke, and once they saw him up close decided he had no NHL future.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He had a good amount of preseason games and was one of the last cuts if I’m remembering correctly. Could be wrong on that though.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Chrona is injured, Makiniemi missed the 1/27 game due to illness and hasn't played since. He backed up last weekend, but Romanov played both games start to finish. He's not even dressed as the backup tonight (Warm is). Nollenberger says he's still recovering from the illness.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Some Barracuda roster shuffling today.

Marek and Warm sent down to Wichita (ECHL). Guessing that's a good sign for some guys to start coming back, i.e. Gushchin, Wiesblatt, Makiniemi. Don't really know what the deal is with Chrona.

Defenseman Roman Kinal recalled from Wichita. Am not sure what that's about yet. We haven't seen Kinal since the season opener. Could just be extra depth, since the Barracuda are about to hit the road for three games in four nights starting Wednesday.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad