Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Peterson is a better fit on that third with Hoffman and Zadina.
Maybe in terms of skills but I'm not real confident in his ability to play center with two guys that won't play defense. Granted, Bordeleau isn't much of a defender either but I trust his offensive positioning at center over Peterson's if that makes sense.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Is Okhotiuk gonna stick with SJ or is he expected to eventually be sent back to AHL
He would have to go through waivers, and the way he looks right now, that would be a very foolish thing to risk.

I get getting Gushchin extra games, but seems kinda weird. After 5 games in 6 days, which he handled great last year, setting him up for 3 in a row again? I mean if he can do it, cool, but seems wild, especially for them to have the same player do it twice.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He would have to go through waivers, and the way he looks right now, that would be a very foolish thing to risk.

I get getting Gushchin extra games, but seems kinda weird. After 5 games in 6 days, which he handled great last year, setting him up for 3 in a row again? I mean if he can do it, cool, but seems wild, especially for them to have the same player do it twice.
He hasn't even done 3 in a row once yet (unless they did that kind of schedule in the AHL), if he plays both vs Colorado this weekend he would do it the first time. And if they do call him back up for the next couple sharks games he would get Sunday off before going Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

• Wow

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Ohhhh ok I didn't realize he would have to go thru waivers. Ya I assume he stays then

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He hasn't even done 3 in a row once yet (unless they did that kind of schedule in the AHL), if he plays both vs Colorado this weekend he would do it the first time. And if they do call him back up for the next couple sharks games he would get Sunday off before going Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
It's easier to accomplish when you don't have to travel for it.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
He played 5 games in 6 days last season (2 NHL 3 AHL; a back to back followed by 3 in a row). If he plays the back to back in the AHL today and tomorrow, he will do it again.

I seems like something pretty unheard of, and for one guy to do it twice seems odd.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

We'll have to see if that happens, but it wouldn't be shocking to me if he sat out tonight just for rest purposes and then played tomorrow.

I don't know if this means anything, but the AHL transactions page also lists him being sent down to the Cuda as a transaction for tomorrow (11/18).

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Maybe in terms of skills but I'm not real confident in his ability to play center with two guys that won't play defense. Granted, Bordeleau isn't much of a defender either but I trust his offensive positioning at center over Peterson's if that makes sense.
Maybe but I worry about having three guys that look clueless without the puck on their stick than two.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Kunin will still be here I reckon.
He feels like a prime extension candidate for Grier. At the same time, I'd be curious to know what kind of return on Kunin would make Grier instead pivot to trading him at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad