Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
There we go, finally. Gannon Laroque has been sent down to Wichita (ECHL), so they're trying to get him back into game shape.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
With Rusanowsky in Toronto for induction into Hockey Hall of Fame, Nick Nollenberger is doing pxp today in Anaheim.

And Ted Ramey is doing pxp for Cuda Pucks & Paws game this afternoon.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Goose is up

Well, it's deserved. He's been the Cuda's best offensive player this season.

I guess we're really letting the young guys earn spots this year?

If this is a short term thing, though, this is a great time to do it. The Barracuda are at home for pretty much all of November and don't play again til Friday.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Happy to see Gushchin get the nod, hopefully he pots a few and looks like he belongs
I'm concerned about who he ends up with honestly. My expectations would be that he'd be with Granlund and Kunin but he's basically going to have to do all the work to be effective including getting the puck in the defensive zone because if Addison isn't on the ice, it's going to be tough sledding getting the puck on his stick.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm concerned about who he ends up with honestly. My expectations would be that he'd be with Granlund and Kunin but he's basically going to have to do all the work to be effective including getting the puck in the defensive zone because if Addison isn't on the ice, it's going to be tough sledding getting the puck on his stick.
Unfortunately there just isn't anyone to really play him with other than Hertl that would be of great benefit, and there's no way Quinn puts him on the top line

I just hope he gets a taste in a depth role and looks like an NHL player, not particularly lofty hopes

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Oh boy you're in for a treat. Pashelka tweeted that out

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Unfortunately there just isn't anyone to really play him with other than Hertl that would be of great benefit, and there's no way Quinn puts him on the top line

I just hope he gets a taste in a depth role and looks like an NHL player, not particularly lofty hopes
Play Hertl, Eklund, Gushchin 60 minutes, that way all the good players play.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
They deleted the tweet about the Gushchin recall.

I'm also seeing on the AHL transactions page that Lindblom was sent down, then called back up, so it might have something to do with that. Very odd.

One more minor detail from yesterday, Gannon Laroque has rejoined the Barracuda from Wichita (ECHL).

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
They deleted the tweet about the Gushchin recall.

I'm also seeing on the AHL transactions page that Lindblom was sent down, then called back up, so it might have something to do with that. Very odd.

One more minor detail from yesterday, Gannon Laroque has rejoined the Barracuda from Wichita (ECHL).
He is practicing with the Sharks, so it had to of gone through.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
He is practicing with the Sharks, so it had to of gone through.

Yeah the tweet basically said "Gushchin up, Lindblom down" so I mean the other part- I guess they didn't actually send Lindblom down. Changed their mind, or something.

edit: And, there we go:

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Eetu Makiniemi re-assigned to Wichita (ECHL).

He'd not been active in a while until he was dressed as a backup on Sunday, his only season appearance was on 10/20. Likely another ECHL rehab assignment for the Cuda.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Yep I thought it might just be a brief NHL look for Gushchin. I'd like to see more of that type of callup, but it'll be harder once the Sharks start getting healthier.

Will have to see if we make any moves due to the Sturm absence, but it's not absolutely necessary we do.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yep I thought it might just be a brief NHL look for Gushchin. I'd like to see more of that type of callup, but it'll be harder once the Sharks start getting healthier.

Will have to see if we make any moves due to the Sturm absence, but it's not absolutely necessary we do.
We also do not play until Monday, no need for a young player like him to be not playing games when he could get 1 or 2 weekend Cuda games in before getting called back up.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
We also do not play until Monday, no need for a young player like him to be not playing games when he could get 1 or 2 weekend Cuda games in before getting called back up.
The tweet said "loaned," which implies that Gushchin is making NHL money right now, unless that's just the way Pashelka wrote it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The tweet said "loaned," which implies that Gushchin is making NHL money right now, unless that's just the way Pashelka wrote it.
It's just the way he wrote it. They assigned him to the Barracuda but I expect him to be back up before Monday's game. Bordeleau will probably get the call during Sturm's absence.

Reactions: Cas and Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad