Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Damn I woke up and that Labanc news ruined my day already. TWICE we've been blueballed. First the Myers deal and now this. WHEN WILL IT END??

Also, it will be hilarious if Thrun eventually gets 3rd pairing minutes on the 'Cuda with Shakir and the rest there. Imagine playing your 2nd or 3rd best defensemen in the organization against 3rd line AHLers :eek3:

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Simek being waived is addition by subtraction.

Labanc would've been too but it's too bad it turned out to be fake news.

Reactions: DG93

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I guess we're putting AHL/ECHL transactions here, couple late ones today. Ethan Frisch and Artem Guryev sent to Wichita (ECHL).

The Cuda D roster is in a weird state, we've got the rehabbing Okhotiuk, we've got the husk of Radim Simek, we've still (I guess?) got Gannon Laroque, who hasn't been seen or mentioned all season. And there's still going to be more change coming once Okhotiuk's rehab is done, and MacDonald comes off IR. Your guess is as good as mine who's still here in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: NiWa and Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
And people said Bords had made the decision difficult for the team to keep him up.

There was no way he was making the team with a healthy team to start the year.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Bordeleau was one of the 12 best F on this team even once Couture and Granlund are healthy

This is still the right decision, let him play big minutes in all situations against lesser comp rather than 4th line minutes on a historically bad team in the NHL

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Connor MacEachern returned to the ECHL.

Hasn't been any transaction yet, but without clearing waivers, Okhotiuk cannot play another game in the AHL. His conditioning loan should end Thursday and the Cuda are off til Friday.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

I'd expect Okhotiuk to be returned to Sharks (already has roster spot).

And there it is

Except now with MacDonald coming back too, we do actually have to make a move, unless we plan on playing with 12F going forward... maybe we'll see if we can get a conditioning loan for him, too?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I really hope they're good about giving Okhotiuk regular game time to see what he can do. Look at what Emberson has done after they had him ride the pine for, what, the first four games? Arguably the Sharks' best defenseman since he's been playing.

MacDonald maybe to play forward and run the point on the power play?

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It will be very interesting to see how Bordeleau and Peterson respond. Hopefully, they take the feedback without pouting.

Seems like the team should waive Macdonald, Burroughs, and Vlasic. The AHL team could use the veteran help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad