2023-24 Senators Prospect Watch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Tbh I think Yakemchuk should be ranked higher than a few of the guys ahead of him there like Connolly and Greentree.
Is good you've made a break through and decided to be honest with us. Its also nice of you to let us know you are being honest when you say this. Do you recommend we don't assume honesty unless it is indicated with the message?

• Haha
Reactions: Wallet Inspector

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
David Reinbacher who so far has shown himself to be a completely ordinary, run of the mill, unspectacular D prospect is 13th and Yakemchuk is 36th? Whatever. Yakemchuk's D+1 season will tell us a lot about where he truly ranks.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
David Reinbacher who so far has shown himself to be a completely ordinary, run of the mill, unspectacular D prospect is 13th and Yakemchuk is 36th? Whatever. Yakemchuk's D+1 season will tell us a lot about where he truly ranks.
Reinbacher is a much more complete defenseman. His skating and his defense at the current time far surpass Yakemchuks. I'd take Reinbacher in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Plenty of prominent names behind him too.

Yeah but I'm only looking at recent draftees. That's how the Top-15 went and how they got ranked on EP

Mack Celebrini : #1
Artyom Levshunov : #6
Beckett Sennecke : #18
Cayden Lindstrom : #4
Ivan Demidov : #3
Tij Iginla : #9
Carter Yakemchuk : #36
Berkly Catton : #17
Zayne Parekh : #8
Anton Silayev : #25
Sam Dickinson : #21
Zeev Buium : #11
Jett Luchanko : #89
Konsta Helenius : #23
Michael Brandsegg-Nygard : #35

They're not very high on our guy, Luchanko too

Tbh I think Yakemchuk should be ranked higher than a few of the guys ahead of him there like Connolly and Greentree.

What he does in the NHL is what matters in the end but our guy seems underrated or at least the hockey community is not super high on him

Buium and Parekh were still available when we picked and seem to be constantly rated higher than Yak. Hopefully we end up right in the end

Oh, no! A bunch of idiots rated our best prospect poorly. Whatever will we do?

True! What a silly idea it is to talk about hockey on a hockey forum!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah but I'm only looking at recent draftees. That's how the Top-15 went and how they got ranked on EP

Mack Celebrini : #1
Artyom Levshunov : #6
Beckett Sennecke : #18
Cayden Lindstrom : #4
Ivan Demidov : #3
Tij Iginla : #9
Carter Yakemchuk : #36
Berkly Catton : #17
Zayne Parekh : #8
Anton Silayev : #25
Sam Dickinson : #21
Zeev Buium : #11
Jett Luchanko : #89
Konsta Helenius : #23
Michael Brandsegg-Nygard : #35

They're not very high on our guy, Luchanko too

What he does in the NHL is what matters in the end but our guy seems underrated or at least the hockey community is not super high on him

Buium and Parekh were still available when we picked and seem to be constantly rated higher than Yak. Hopefully we end up right in the end

True! What a silly idea it is to talk about hockey on a hockey forum!
These are the same guys that claimed a goalie was a better passer than Kleven, they've had some pretty terrible takes over the years, so I'm not at all surprised.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
These are the same guys that claimed a goalie was a better passer than Kleven, they've had some pretty terrible takes over the years, so I'm not at all surprised.

Everyone already had a "terrible take" in the past, this is still a hockey opinion like the rest out there. If you're going to discredit anybody who had a terrible take in the past, then none of us has anything to say.

I am just reporting, if you don't like them then ok. If they had Yakemchuk as the 5th best prospect in the world, I would still be reporting it.

So far I see Yak 24th on Wheeler's, 36th on EP's, 30th on HFB (I might have influenced people to vote Yakemchuk at that spot a bit)

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That was JD Burke who has no business being anywhere near prospect evals. I don't know the org structure at elite prospects but I got the sense he has been doing less prospect evals than he did in the past , which is a good thing. I don't know of any NHL affiliated prospect rankings that are the gold standard. Not sure what value they have other than discussion and click bait to their content. David St. Louis and Cam Robinson are respectable. I know Cam joined in 2021 so after that and he was a good addition. I think St. Louis joined them in 21 as well. Many of the comments they've made that get brought up around her preceded those two acquisitions. Another current analyst/evaluator working in europe is Lassi Alunen who also joined in 2021.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Everyone already had a "terrible take" in the past, this is still a hockey opinion like the rest out there. If you're going to discredit anybody who had a terrible take in the past, then none of us has anything to say.

I am just reporting, if you don't like them then ok. If they had Yakemchuk as the 5th best prospect in the world, I would still be reporting it.
Well, there's terrible takes and then there's claiming a goalie is a better passer than a fairly highly ranked Dman, then trying to substantiate the claim with half assed stats.

Bad takes happen, just because you have a take doesn't make it credible, and EP has lost most of it's credibility over the years imo,

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That was JD Burke who has no business being anywhere near prospect evals. I don't know the org structure at elite prospects but I got the sense he has been doing less prospect evals than he did in the past , which is a good thing. I don't know of any NHL affiliated prospect rankings that are the gold standard. Not sure what value they have other than discussion and click bait to their content.
Well JD Burke was one of the three guys linked to that list on the website, though the full article was paywalled, and he's likely forming his opinions on the prospects in part through being around the other guys in the org and the discussions they have.

I've not been very high on Elite Prospects evals since before JD Burke made that dumb comment, but if you say their evals have been getting better (presumably with him less involved), I'll take you at your word, because I've mostly passed over them for more reliable sources lately.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well JD Burke was one of the three guys linked to that list on the website, though the full article was paywalled, and he's likely forming his opinions on the prospects in part through being around the other guys in the org and the discussions they have.

I've not been very high on Elite Prospects evals since before JD Burke made that dumb comment, but if you say their evals have been getting better (presumably with him less involved), I'll take you at your word, because I've mostly passed over them for more reliable sources lately.
its your constitutional right .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, there's terrible takes and then there's claiming a goalie is a better passer than a fairly highly ranked Dman, then trying to substantiate the claim with half assed stats.

Bad takes happen, just because you have a take doesn't make it credible, and EP has lost most of it's credibility over the years imo,

Like SoA said, it was made by JD Burke who is their Editor in chief (and it was most likely hyperbole like you see a lot on the internet), it doesn't mean the guys who made the recent rankings thought the same thing.

I also NEVER commented if the list was good or not, I only reported it... Personally, I think Nikishin is way too low on that list, for example. That guy is going to be damn good

But all that said, it's still made to create discussion, nothing else. I think everybody is aware that there is no exact science here.

You're not talking about hockey. You're talking about an irrelevant ranking.

Any article, ranking or discussion could be considered irrelevant then.

What I see is that it has been creating discussion, which is the goal of a forum like this.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Burke is the editor in chief of Elite, he's the main guy there in "charge" of their scouts

He literally may be the least credible person regarding hockey and prospects there is.

Epitome of dunning kruger

And the "scouting team" is a bunch of online fans turned scouts, which there is nothing wrong with, it's what a lot of services use like McKeens and Dobber etc. use, but it's not exactly a good barometer for a reliable or useable sourced ranking.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Burke is the editor in chief of Elite, he's the main guy there in "charge" of their scouts

He literally may be the least credible person regarding hockey and prospects there is.

Epitome of dunning kruger

And the "scouting team" is a bunch of online fans turned scouts, which there is nothing wrong with, it's what a lot of services use like McKeens and Dobber etc. use, but it's not exactly a good barometer for a reliable or useable sourced ranking.
Generally true. I'm sure there are a couple decent scouts as individuals out there.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
the charter of rights and freedoms which would be what most Canadians think of, is part of the constitution act of 1982,
It is, the repatriation of our constitution was certainly important, but the document that enshrines our freedoms and responsibilities is the Charter of Rights and Freedoms in Canada, as you know.

All good, just a distinction that warranted an interjection in my opinion.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It is, the repatriation of our constitution was certainly important, but the document that enshrines our freedoms and responsibilities is the Charter of Rights and Freedoms in Canada, as you know.

All good, just a distinction that warranted an interjection in my opinion.
We have "responsibilities"?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yes, turns out we do.
I searched for a list and found a reference to a site which listed some but it did not identify the "law" that requires them.

"Citizenship Responsibilities​

In Canada, rights come with responsibilities. These include:
  • Obeying the law — One of Canada’s founding principles is the rule of law. Individuals and governments are regulated by laws and not by arbitrary actions. No person or group is above the law.
  • Taking responsibility for oneself and one’s family — Getting a job, taking care of one’s family and working hard in keeping with one’s abilities are important Canadian values. Work contributes to personal dignity and self-respect, and to Canada’s prosperity.
  • Serving on a jury — When called to do so, you are legally required to serve. Serving on a jury is a privilege that makes the justice system work as it depends on impartial juries made up of citizens.
  • Voting in elections — The right to vote comes with a responsibility to vote in federal, provincial or territorial and local elections.
  • Helping others in the community — Millions of volunteers freely donate their time to help others without pay—helping people in need, assisting at your child’s school, volunteering at a food bank or other charity, or encouraging newcomers to integrate. Volunteering is an excellent way to gain useful skills and develop friends and contacts.
  • Protecting and enjoying our heritage and environment — Every citizen has a role to play in avoiding waste and pollution while protecting Canada’s natural, cultural and architectural heritage for future generations."
Do you know where they are identified in the laws of the land?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad