2023-24 Senators Prospect Watch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We have 3 of the Top-13 guys? :oops:

Where are Montreal, Buffalo and Detroit guys ranked?
highest Hab is Slavkovsky at 15
Owen Power Sabres at 19
Lucas Raymond Wings at 28

1725375695811.png

Reactions: Xspyrit

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
We have 3 of the Top-13 guys? :oops:

Where are Montreal, Buffalo and Detroit guys ranked?
He has Demidov 17 and Reinbacher 69.

I don't necessarily disagree with Reinbacher but it's a strange ranking overall. Most definitely, he's just trying to shock fan bases a bit to generate buzz. It's all in good fun.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yakemchuk 10, Owen Power 20.

Makes sense.

Lunacy :laugh:

He’s out of his mind, he let his Yakemchuk train that he was conducting go way, way off the tracks.
It will be interesting to see how this list compares to the one TSN usually puts out early in the season.

Last year, TSN had Stützle 4th, Sanderson 7th Powers 9th, Raymond 19th, Slafkovsky was unranked.

I think Button had Yakemchuk ranked 15 in this year's draft so he likely ends up in the 40+ range at best for TSN.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It will be interesting to see how this list compares to the one TSN usually puts out early in the season.

Last year, TSN had Stützle 4th, Sanderson 7th Powers 9th, Raymond 19th, Slafkovsky was unranked.

I think Button had Yakemchuk ranked 15 in this year's draft so he likely ends up in the 40+ range at best for TSN.
Which makes sense, that's 4 years or drafts, with 25+ guys already stars/budgeoning stars in the NHL and 4 drafts worth of guys just about to enter the league after being high picks. I think 40 is probably high, but is at least a realistic placement.

Yakemchuk has an incredibly bright future, and he can become extremely good fro the Sens.

He's not a great skater, has had lots of questions about his decision making and hockey IQ (right or wrong) and at best is ok defensively; he has incredible skill with a profile that gets a lot of traction, right shot and physical/mean.

But, Sanderson is one of the best skating D in the NHL already, one of the best and smartest defensive players in the league already, a 0.5 ppg player in the NHL already, and looiks like he will continue to improve. I have absoluetly no clue what kind of evaluation anyone could use, with realisitc or even semi-realistic evaluations and projections, to say the prospect is better than the already star #1 NHL defender.

I say that I have no clue, but I'm quite sure it has to do with him putting his flag down on Yakemchuk as the "1st guy on scene" having him as a top 5 guy since October, and then a bit of having Sanderson out of the 1st round a month before his season ended in 2020, before moving him wayyyyyyy up once it was clear to everyone he was a top 10 guy (even though he was there since early Jan in McKenzie's list).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I'd use Occam's razor and just assume he's an idiot. It lines up with his history.

It's sports futures. Chaos is part of the game.

Not like the final pre-draft rankings are super accurate when it comes to which players will have the best careers either. It would be boring if everyone just shared the same draft takes.

Plus we should be hoping he's right this time.

Reactions: Ice-Tray and DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would bet money that not a single NHL GM would trade Sanderson for Yakemchuk.
there is a quite a few players further down that list they would not swap for Yakemchuk.. Yakemchuk has some nice tools but Pronman is projecting the shit out of him and hoping everything comes out as a high end #1D caliber. Ranking him 10 among U23s makes absolutely no sense. At the U20 WJSS based on his play there he may rank as a 6/7 D alone .. and his draft position is helping that.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Maybe Pronman and @bert are actually the same person:sarcasm:
Definitely not I like Kleven haha. I would not have Yakemchuk that high either, ahead of Sanderson is pretty funny among many others. However I think the skillset is very unique and pretty much doesnt exist in the NHL right now. I think the parts of his game that he lacks in he can grow into, which includes some of his mobility 'issues' I dont really think they are issues personally when I watch him. I see a physically immature 6'3 boy that hasnt grown into his body yet. I think his decision making is pretty over blown. I like his down low defense already, he breaks up the cycle and clears the crease well. He is on a longer dev curve so as long as they dont rush him he should turn out.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Really not sure how you can have Yakemchuk ranked 10th and Jiricek ranked 59th. Pretty comparable prospects at the same age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad