Speculation: 2023-24 Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If we need a last second goal I actually think we'd be better off with McTavish on the ice instead of Zegras
If we pull the goalie, we could have them all out there. Eventually (if things reasonably work out), our 6 man with the goalie pulled: Zegras-Fantilli-Terry-McTavish-Zellweger-Minty :nod:

Next season, If Fantilli plays in the NHL:
Fantilli-Zegras-???
Henrique-McTavish-???

One of those will obviously be Terry, not sure if we have anyone else that's comfortable on the right side that we could/should try at RW... maybe Vatrano? Or try Fantilli on the right and have him as a shooter on his off wing. Jones/Nesterenko-Zegras-Fantilli, Henrique-McTavish-Terry?

Edit: beaten to it by @LePerilsofPerreault

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
If we pull the goalie, we could have them all out there. Eventually (if things reasonably work out), our 6 man with the goalie pulled: Zegras-Fantilli-Terry-McTavish-Zellweger-Minty :nod:

Next season, If Fantilli plays in the NHL:
Fantilli-Zegras-???
Henrique-McTavish-???

One of those will obviously be Terry, not sure if we have anyone else that's comfortable on the right side that we could/should try at RW... maybe Vatrano? Or try Fantilli on the right and have him as a shooter on his off wing. Jones/Nesterenko-Zegras-Fantilli, Henrique-McTavish-Terry?

Edit: beaten to it by @LePerilsofPerreault
Pastujav halfway through season 😎

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Pastujav halfway through season 😎
Pasta's knock is skating right? The big centers (Fantilli/Carlsson and McTavish) will hopefully eventually be able to control the puck in the offensive zone similar to Getzlaf (can we get him back just to teach that skill?). That will give Pasta time to set up where he needs to, Fantilli/Carlsson controls, gets the puck to Z, who feeds Pasta :naughty:

On a side note, it's amazing how close a "bad" skater is from a good one at that level, and how much of a difference it makes.

Reactions: Anarchynate

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Pasta's knock is skating right? The big centers (Fantilli/Carlsson and McTavish) will hopefully eventually be able to control the puck in the offensive zone similar to Getzlaf (can we get him back just to teach that skill?). That will give Pasta time to set up where he needs to, Fantilli/Carlsson controls, gets the puck to Z, who feeds Pasta :naughty:

On a side note, it's amazing how close a "bad" skater is from a good one at that level, and how much of a difference it makes.
Watching Pasta at the open ice practices last September he really stood out, his shot is as advertised and his east west skating is pretty elusive. North and south is a little clunky but he doesn’t need to be a burner IMO. Use his rocket shot and iq and everything else will fall into place.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Hoping Pastujov can be a player similar to Perry. He’s not as “wormy” but he can maybe be successful as a guy who just knows how to score goals despite not being the fastest guy. They’re built fairly similarly.

Reactions: mightyquack

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Watching Pasta at the open ice practices last September he really stood out, his shot is as advertised and his east west skating is pretty elusive. North and south is a little clunky but he doesn’t need to be a burner IMO. Use his rocket shot and iq and everything else will fall into place.
McTavish is a fairly meh skater and he’s had good results. I think Pasta’s skating will limit him but I definitely still think he’s got something special

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Gaucher, Fantilli, McT, Lundy... I think we will eventually see Zegras tried at wing again. Henrique is gone by the TDL so he might start on the wing but we need more top 6 firepower

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Henrique - McTavish - Terry
Fantilli/Carlsson <-> Zegras - Strome
Jones - Lundestrom - Vatrano
I think this will be how we start the season. I think eventually Zegras move to wing and Fantilli takes over at center though.

It will be really nice to have a pair of high end talents on each line.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I think Zegras will take it to another level as wing. Not sure if he will be with Mac or this years pick, but he will be a top line winger.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I worry about zegras on the wing. When he did play there last season he was noticeably worse

With Fantilli, Zegras, and McTavish, someone has to go to wing if in the Top 6. Unless you are running them down the middle, but Mac at 3C? I dunno.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Next order of business: go back to the Mighty Ducks logo. I want Fantilli (or whoever) to put on a jersey with that logo in June.
1683639875345.png

should be the teams full time.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I agree, but I think that had to do with us not having a strong center to play with him. It was usually Strome.
I admit I didn't get to see a lot of games this season but I think he was referring to Zs rookie year. He didn't really start breaking out until he was moved to center. This past year he played with Rico or Strome and they took face-offs but Z was generally still the center from what I could tell.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Next order of business: go back to the Mighty Ducks logo. I want Fantilli (or whoever) to put on a jersey with that logo in June.
I genuinely think that was the plan if we got 1OA, and maybe still is.

There cannot be a better time to debut a new jersey than a generational prospect putting it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad