Speculation: 2023-24 Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
What RWs would you guys want to add this summer? I'm generally against guys playing their off wing but it's more manageable but I think we only have like 3 RS forwards. Terry, Stome and Silf.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
What RWs would you guys want to add this summer? I'm generally against guys playing their off wing but it's more manageable but I think we only have like 3 RS forwards. Terry, Stome and Silf.
1683741492875.png

Bring him home!

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I was hoping we'd sign Evan Rodrigues last off season, ended up being a nice bargain for the Avs signed late in the summer at 2M.

He's speedy and versatile, can play up and down the lineup and in all situations. Believe he can also fill in at center. Good filler at worst if you can avoid much term.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I was hoping we'd sign Evan Rodrigues last off season, ended up being a nice bargain for the Avs signed late in the summer at 2M.

He's speedy and versatile, can play up and down the lineup and in all situations. Believe he can also fill in at center. Good filler at worst if you can avoid much term.
Does he actually make us better? He seems a solid depth player but do we really want a depth player?

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
In ufa I agree. Last year was the year to go shopping. Imo.
Well, the team certainly isn’t in a position to trade for difference makers. Like last offseason, I’d expect most our adds to come via UFA. Maybe more Kulikov esque trades or more traditional cap dumps for assets but I wouldn’t expect much more from the trade market for us

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Well, the team certainly isn’t in a position to trade for difference makers. Like last offseason, I’d expect most our adds to come via UFA. Maybe more Kulikov esque trades or more traditional cap dumps for assets but I wouldn’t expect much more from the trade market for us
I'm hoping we can find a Buchnevich type deal.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Maybe, I have doubts PV would deal 2nd round picks at this point though
Certainly possible he does. I struggle with the idea of where all these prospects are expected to play in 2-3 years. There is only so much room on the AHL and NHL rosters

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You can never argue against Eakins the person, always has seen like an absolute great person.

Just a shame he's a terrible NHL head coach.

I think it's why the players didn't quit on him, they just had no idea what they were doing on the ice, add the horrible roster, and those were the results.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Does he actually make us better? He seems a solid depth player but do we really want a depth player?

He wouldn't be expected to have a huge impact, but wouldn't command that type of price either. He's a useful player to have around, not exactly the same but somewhat similar to Vatrano, who is clear step up from your average depth plugger. The Avs had him playing up on their top line at times this season.

We may just not have room to make any of these types of forward acquisitions. More in need of players good enough to make room for... I get that.

Reactions: DavidBL

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
You can never argue against Eakins the person, always has seen like an absolute great person.

Just a shame he's a terrible NHL head coach.
Too bad they can't/won't create something like a player integration position for him. Helping guys at all levels in the organization adjust from one level to the next (HS to college, college/juniors to AHL, etc) seems like the perfect position for him.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He’s towards his last chance but you at least gotta see what he does with a new coach
Assuming he hasn't played his way off the team, sure. In a vacuum, I'd like to see whether he's less of a liability in a coherent defensive system. I don't think I'd care if they qualified him for 1 year, if that's possible. He'd be drastically overpaid but we're not hurting for cap space so why not. But it's 100% defensible to cut him loose based on how many chances he had, for years, to show something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad