Speculation: 2023-24 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think we would all be too worried about byram injury history to really consider that.

Especially since we have offensive d coming up and the fact that the players available at the #2 pick are perfect fits for our roster.

Thank you for the feedback!

Reactions: pesko
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I hate to be that guy, but seeing everyone plug in Fantilli and think that’s the answer is surprising.

We need some physicality up and down the lineup. Don’t think it makes sense to keep Henrique to me.. we need some different looks/pieces in those spots.

If not; I still think we get pushed around and we will still be having this discussion come season time

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
His QO is just over the league minimum so I would be shocked if he wasn't brought back

Milano's QO was only $1.8 mil, not that we couldn't afford it. Milano scored 34 points in 66 NHL games for the Ducks (0.52 ppg) and -9 rating. Verbeek said we couldn't afford Milano's (and Steel's) services, which we know he was being polite. In FA, Verbeek signed Vatrano and Vatrano scored 41 points in 81 games ( 0.51 ppg) and -29 rating. We paid Vatrano $3.65 mil AAV for three years.

Anyhow, pointing out that Benoit being on that video interview and sending a message to the fans implies that he's got the heads up we're keeping him since there's no official word Benoit is being re-signed.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I hate to be that guy, but seeing everyone plug in Fantilli and think that’s the answer is surprising.

We need some physicality up and down the lineup. Don’t think it makes sense to keep Henrique to me.. we need some different looks/pieces in those spots.

If not; I still think we get pushed around and we will still be having this discussion come season time
I think you probably keep Rico until the TDL. I think the team needs him this year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Just because everyone admires his physicality, doesn't mean he isn't great offensively. He just outcored everyone in NCAA, arguably more impressive than Eichel did it.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I hope Regenda gets a real shot next year. Every line he played on, he seemed to make the line better. I think he's a better bottom 6'er than some of the guys we were icing.
Seems like he gets lost in the discussion a bit after being sent down. The problem is there's a bit of a logjam on the left side (Henrique, Vatrano, Jones, McGinn, and Nesterenko) even without including Comtois.

It wouldn't surprise me if he finds his way onto the roster for a while after injuries start to mount though.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Seems like he gets lost in the discussion a bit after being sent down. The problem is there's a bit of a logjam on the left side (Henrique, Vatrano, Jones, McGinn, and Nesterenko) even without including Comtois.

It wouldn't surprise me if he finds his way onto the roster for a while after injuries start to mount though.
Oh right, McGinn.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would Ducks fans consider Byram+Newhook for 2nd overall?
Our need for another top 6 player is much higher than our need for Byram. As someone else mentioned the injury history isnt exactly appealing.

We have plenty of dmen coming up, we lack forwards.

Newhook doesnt move the needle at all, hes sam steel level of a player.... and we let sam steel walk for free.

Reactions: Perratrooper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad