Speculation: 2023-24 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Hazy and Aly I both like a lot. Ahlers I think is the voice of Ducks hockey so I like him even if I think as a pxp guy he's pretty bad at his job overall. Guy I don't think is a good analyst and never really overcame his awkwardness on camera, but come on, its Guy Hebert. I can't not love the guy.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I wonder if Bobby Ryan could have a future in TV, he is pretty well spoken if you've ever listened to his Sens podcast. but he is a Sens guy through and through these days, you'd never know he spent as much time as he did in Anaheim. so much so, I couldn't help but wonder if there might've been some hard feelings between him and the org in the years subsequent to the trade.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
He's terrible and the worst out of everyone else.
Dan Wood says hi. That guy's voice was like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

I wonder if Bobby Ryan could have a future in TV, he is pretty well spoken if you've ever listened to his Sens podcast. but he is a Sens guy through and through these days, you'd never know he spent as much time as he did in Anaheim. so much so, I couldn't help but wonder if there might've been some hard feelings between him and the org in the years subsequent to the trade.
It was Bob Murray so I wouldn't be surprised. It's been a long time but I'm pretty sure Bobby Ryan was unhappy with the trade.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I actually think the opposite. Hazy is a bigger homer, but i think he does his job well. Ahlers *constantly* says the wrong players name when doing pbp.

I’m cool with both of them, I like Hazy’s insights on the game, and Ahlers is fine. When you have the Tyson Nash, Jack Edwards, Peter McNabs and etc out there, we are truly blessed.

I bring up McNab because I believe it was him who said something along the lines where the Colorado Avalanche were wasting their time playing a bad team like the Ducks. Think it was a season or two ago.

Thank Goodness for ESPN+ where I can choose the broadcast. But still stuck with the Devils and Islanders broadcast. Lol.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
There were behind the scenes things going on with Ryan here that led to the trade as much as the money did.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Are we sure 80% of the game is played 3 feet from the boards?
Might not be 80% but if I think of it, a lot of the game really is near the boards. But a lot of the time it is just dumping or throwing the puck out :laugh:
Nonetheless, board battles are important. But yeah, no idea where he got that number.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Eakins did alright explaining that transition and breakout. I wonder if his analysis of a defensive structure and play consists of him just yelling "Swarm! Swarm!" That would be great TV. Just some dude looking at a monitor screaming "Swarm!!!!!!!!!" LOL.

2230b60a-a615-4881-9cda-4d8f45682bae_text.gif

Attachments

• 1685630151170.png
    1685630151170.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 4

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
The Crash the Pond guys can be a little pompous at times but overall i find that i agree with them more often than not. they were onto Strome very, very early on in the season.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
"You want a $5 million player to be able to drive a line."

Says who?
We’re about a decade into hockey’s analytics revolution and seemingly very few of them understand the economics of the league. There’s over 120 forwards making at least $5 million a year, a good chunk of them aren’t going to be line drivers.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
"Wonder if Verbeek takes a look at _____. At the right price, would help ANA."
Just created a template that can be used for ~50 UFAs.

He tweets way too many things just for the sake of saying something.
It’s an attempt to come off as insightful which is painfully ironic given the content. On the surface it’s such a lame attempt given Kane’s stature as one of the greatest players of his era but it’s so much worse given it’s a pretty awful idea on the merits.

Would be kind of cool to see Kane in a Ducks jersey, I’ll at least give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad