Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
this wouldn’t surprise me.
Cant overlook no tax in FLA and the new ‘millionaires tax’ in MA.
On a max term its like getting an xtra year.
It would surprise me because either he or Sergachev would be 3LD. And giving up their 2026 first with Hedman and Stamkos aging out and nothing coming behind it is right in their rebuild wheelhouse.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
* Necas+ cap dump (Raanta)
for
Ullmark + JDB +

Gets us a 25 year old #1 C to play with countrymen Pasta and Zacha

*if actually available

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Unfortunately, last year they gave away a lot of draft picks and did not retain any of the three players. A very costly event for a 1st round exit.
2024 1st round pick & 2025 4th round pick......................Bertuzzi
2023 1st round pick , 2023 5th round pick , 2024 3rd round pick
& 2025 2nd round pick............for Orlov and Hathaway
They made mistakes in the past with not selling off UFA's Eriksson, Chara, Krug, etc and when you don't replenish draft picks it puts the team in a difficult position to improve. This might be the year to cash in on a few. Grzelcyk, DeBrusk, JVR, Forbort, Henien, Richard, Shattenkirk, Zboril are all UFA's. Many can be replaced with better options. Replenish some draft capital or trade to find a top center.

If you trade every guy on your list you get a 2nd , maybe a couple of 3rd, and then maybe a couple 5ths, IF you are willing to retain. Richard, Shattenkirk, Zboril have no value, maybe someone absolutely desperate gives up a 7th for Shatty.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
for
Ullmark + JDB +

*if actually available

I like Necas as a base of the trade, I don't know that they have a need for JDB but I get he's one of the pieces we have of value and can afford to lose

Reactions: bbfan419

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
If this is the best offer we get for Debrusk then I keep him and lose him for nothing which is literally equal to the value of what he returns in that trade.
Nothing is actually slightly better, because we wouldn't be stuck with that f***ing Kulak contract.

EDIT: Was beat to this punch a couple of times :laugh: Still... That is one godawful proposal. Braindead.

Last edited:

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
If management feels how Dom does about Lohrei then they should pass on Hanifan. I don't think we're that close to a cup this year, so selling off all the futures for Noah is off the table in my book. As Dom and Chris said In the podcast getting gritty ans someone like Middleton would be a better option . I'm not shelling out 8 years for Hanifan to keep Lohrei stuck on the 3rd pair, and I don't think Lohrei would be a fan of that either. Pass on Noah, give me Middleton. He might not be from Mass like Noah, but he has the name of a Mass town so that should be good enough for the black and gold tinted glasses folks

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Middleton-Regula/Wotherspoon

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
for
Ullmark + JDB +

*if actually available
No way canes do that. Necas is a stud.

If management feels how Dom does about Lohrei then they should pass on Hanifan. I don't think we're that close to a cup this year, so selling off all the futures for Noah is off the table in my book. As Dom and Chris said In the podcast getting gritty ans someone like Middleton would be a better option . I'm not shelling out 8 years for Hanifan to keep Lohrei stuck on the 3rd pair, and I don't think Lohrei would be a fan of that either. Pass on Noah, give me Middleton. He might not be from Mass like Noah, but he has the name of a Mass town so that should be good enough for the black and gold tinted glasses folks

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Middleton-Regula/Wotherspoon
Lohrei poitras and lysell untouchables.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If the Oilers are really going for it To Anaheim Jake and Ullmark half retained by Boston. Jake and Ullmark 1/2 retain again to Edmonton. Pick(s) to Anaheim for retaining. A 1 million Jake and 1.25 Ullmark to The Oilers should get us multiple good picks and top prospects or young players to keep or flip.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If the Oilers are really going for it To Anaheim Jake and Ullmark half retained by Boston. Jake and Ullmark 1/2 retain again to Edmonton. Pick(s) to Anaheim for retaining. A 1 million Jake and 1.25 Ullmark to The Oilers should get us multiple good picks and top prospects or young players to keep or flip.

Where are the good young prospects picks gonna come from ??? the Oilers Farm system is worse than Boston's. Nobody jumps out as a really interesting player when I look at it. Maybe there is something in Akey behind the stats . Maybe you get a first round pick in the 20s.

there just isn't much there to trade for a Vezina goalie signed dirt cheap through next year, and a second line winger

I'm not blowing the team up for a late first round pick, and a couple B- at best prospects

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Where are the good young prospects picks gonna come from ??? the Oilers Farm system is worse than Boston's. Nobody jumps out as a really interesting player when I look at it. Maybe there is something in Akey behind the stats . Maybe you get a first round pick in the 20s.

there just isn't much there to trade for a Vezina goalie signed dirt cheap through next year, and a second line winger

I'm not blowing the team up for a late first round pick, and a couple B- at best prospects
Go look at their prospects. They have good young players in the system Holloway

Hollaway 2 first a second. Flip picks for our needs

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
To New Jersey:
Linus Ullmark
Matt Grzelcyk
3rd round pick

To Boston:
Dawson Mercer
Nathan Bastian

(It's hard to gauge value on goaltenders, don't shoot me)

Mercer is having a bit of a down year and NJ desperately needs a #1
Not impressed with Poitras as a potential future center?

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Some of you guys are going to be wildly disappointed by the return if Ullmark is moved (both now or in the offseason)
i do wanna get something for him tho. too many dudes hitting FA without recouping at least something from them.

Reactions: CDJ

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Ol Burnsey down in the North End must cackle like a hyena every time he thinks about how he forced Bob Goodenow to bend both knees and kiss his feet in 2005. The way the salary cap is so tight, teams are afraid to make real hockey trades anymore. It sucks.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad