Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
As awesome as his potential is, Lohrei has not proven he can play top 4 minutes with success in the NHL. And he certainly can't handle Carlo's shutdown minutes yet.
For sure he isn't a 1 for 1 replacement but i see Lohrei as being the better dman moving forward

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Is Kulak really any different than Forbort other than he has 2 more years at 2.75 million that I don't want. I don't see the point of that swap. I guess maybe he is healthier, but I don;t want 2 more years of basically the same guy at almost the same price.

And then we get Foegle who does hit, but otherwise is a worse hockey player than JDB

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
For sure he isn't a 1 for 1 replacement but i see Lohrei as being the better dman moving forward
They don’t play the same role and certainly not the same side. It’s a comparison that doesn’t do anything.

Is Kulak really any different than Forbort other than he has 2 more years at 2.75 million that I don't want. I don't see the point of that swap.

And then we get Foegle who does hit, but otherwise is a worse hockey player than JDB
If you see the words Jimmy Murphy…run away…

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Is Kulak really any different than Forbort other than he has 2 more years at 2.75 million that I don't want. I don't see the point of that swap.

Yeah doesn’t make much sense I agree just throwing it out there.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah doesn’t make much sense I agree just throwing it out there.

It also doesn't work against the cap unless Boston retains well over 1 million

If this is the best offer we get for Debrusk then I keep him and lose him for nothing which is literally equal to the value of what he returns in that trade.

I'd argue getting stuck with the Kulak contract for 2 years means it is a negative value deal

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Allan Mitchell of The Athletic has proposed the following four-player trade that would get DeBrusk to his hometown Edmonton Oilers:

Edmonton Oilers Receive:
  • Jake DeBrusk
  • Derek Forbort
Boston Bruins Receive:
  • Brett Kulak
  • Warren Foegele

Seems like a trade made from the mind of someone wanting to get Jake to EDM. This is not a good trade for Boston unless Jake refuses to resign. Even then I would think there would be better offers. However, according to Dom all current offers for Jake are the usual Lowball ones we hear about every few years.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Allan Mitchell of The Athletic has proposed the following four-player trade that would get DeBrusk to his hometown Edmonton Oilers:

Edmonton Oilers Receive:
  • Jake DeBrusk
  • Derek Forbort
Boston Bruins Receive:
  • Brett Kulak
  • Warren Foegele

Seems like a trade made from the mind of someone wanting to get Jake to EDM. This is not a good trade for Boston unless Jake refuses to resign. Even then I would think there would be better offers. However, according to Dom all current offers for Jake are the usual Lowball ones we hear about every few years.
Edmonton would be over the cap by $1M so it doesn't work.

Reactions: bob77

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Edmonton Oilers Receive:
  • Jake DeBrusk
  • Derek Forbort
Boston Bruins Receive:
  • Brett Kulak
  • Warren Foegele

As mentioned above. Doesn't work with cap unless Boston retains.

And Boston walks away stuck with Kulak for 2 more years at 2.75 million per year. And he might be a good #6, but with lohrei and other places to find a bottom pairing defenseman at closer to the minumum, boston can't afford to have a 2.75 million guy hanging around down there

RatKing

Jan 26, 2023
What’s a realistic offer around Ullmark and Necas look like, how much do the Bruins have to add. Do they even have the pieces to add to get it done?

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
IF Martin Necas available , at trade deadline or at draft, the Bruins should be ALL over this! Apparently wants a huge pay increase. Canes wont be able to pay the money he is demanding.
Would love this guy ...unfortunately IMO we'd have to give up Lohrei, Lysell, + to be in the conversation

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Unfortunately, last year they gave away a lot of draft picks and did not retain any of the three players. A very costly event for a 1st round exit.
2024 1st round pick & 2025 4th round pick......................Bertuzzi
2023 1st round pick , 2023 5th round pick , 2024 3rd round pick
& 2025 2nd round pick............for Orlov and Hathaway
They made mistakes in the past with not selling off UFA's Eriksson, Chara, Krug, etc and when you don't replenish draft picks it puts the team in a difficult position to improve. This might be the year to cash in on a few. Grzelcyk, DeBrusk, JVR, Forbort, Henien, Richard, Shattenkirk, Zboril are all UFA's. Many can be replaced with better options. Replenish some draft capital or trade to find a top center.

Last edited:

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
first I doubt he’s available. But even so the plus you need to add is $3M contract just so he would fit on Bs Cap.
Sorry, should have clarified, I was referring to off season not trade deadline...no way would Carolina remove him for this years run

Reactions: Gee Wally
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad