Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Even with Ullmark involved?
I doubt they bite, Ullmark's playoff record isn't the best (although undisclosed injury and poor coaching decisions likely has to do a lot with that) ...and Vegas just won the cup with a relative no name goalie who got hot at the right time ..so my guess is Carolina will roll the dice, maybe pick up a cheap veteran goalie

Reactions: Gordoff

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Balance that against the Bruins always being a player away and refusing to spend that bit more or low balling guys when they didn’t have to and I’ll take the cap.
Right.

They always operated under a self imposed cap.
Now they’re at least on a level playing field with the other clubs.

Enough is enough.

They took one last big swing for the fences last season, and rightfully so.

Time to pay the check and take their medicine.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Right.

They always operated under a self imposed cap.
Now they’re at least on a level playing field with the other clubs.

Enough is enough.

They took one last big swing for the fences last season, and rightfully so.

Time to pay the check and take their medicine.
Agreed. I would put it all on this core and grade them accordingly.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hard pass on this trade.
We are not receiving fair value on this trade.
Bastian is a 4th liner.
Bruins need to receive at least a #2 C under control for minimum 2 years, a 3rd or 4th rd pick and a top1-3 prospect IMO for Ullmark.
Agree, drives me nuts as some on here say we have to add a sweetener to trade our guys, yet guys like Nick Dowd we trade a top pick or prospect for is insane.

You're not getting this for goaltending today in my opinion.
I disagree, teams going into the playoffs need a solid goalie like a QB in football, guys like Saros, Markstrom and Ullmark are worth much more than some like Allen, Nedjelkovich, Reimer etc.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Earlier, Brady Tkacuks name was mentioned. Are the Senators actually thinking about trading him? That’s a guy I would absolutely over pay for to get here.
Bruins are not in a position to overpay for him. We have McAvoy but no one else who would match the value he currently brings to the Senators. We are bare on picks and have no high end prospects.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Allan Mitchell of The Athletic has proposed the following four-player trade that would get DeBrusk to his hometown Edmonton Oilers:

Edmonton Oilers Receive:
  • Jake DeBrusk
  • Derek Forbort
Boston Bruins Receive:
  • Brett Kulak
  • Warren Foegele

Seems like a trade made from the mind of someone wanting to get Jake to EDM. This is not a good trade for Boston unless Jake refuses to resign. Even then I would think there would be better offers. However, according to Dom all current offers for Jake are the usual Lowball ones we hear about every few years.
Don't like that deal at all, rather trade them for picks if that is all we can get.

IF Martin Necas available , at trade deadline or at draft, the Bruins should be ALL over this! Apparently wants a huge pay increase. Canes wont be able to pay the money he is demanding.
If the Bruins were giving up the same package Ullmark etc., would you rather have Mercer or Necas?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Earlier, Brady Tkacuks name was mentioned. Are the Senators actually thinking about trading him? That’s a guy I would absolutely over pay for to get here.
Not a chance. It was a poster just spit balling. He’s the Heart and Soul of that team. I mean u can never say never but unless he says he wants out, I wouldn’t think he’s going anywhere.

Reactions: lopey

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Not a chance. It was a poster just spit balling. He’s the Heart and Soul of that team. I mean u can never say never but unless he says he wants out, I wouldn’t think he’s going anywhere.
I can’t imagine that the Sens would deal him. They made him captain and probably see him as the face of their team. His leadership and toughness here would be beyond great. I think we badly need leadership on every level.

Reactions: TCB

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
You’ve been saying Hanifin isn’t coming here all year. Ahead of the curve again.
I was told he’s being extended and not here but Eastern Conference- but I also was told as I walked out of TD Gsrden very late by a phenomenal source with team the Bruins got Iginla and they didn’t

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad