Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
You’re right, Lindholm would be better to move if they wanted to go that route, for the reason you stated.

But, at least for the first couple of years, they could go:

Hanifin - McAvoy
Lindholm - FA or Trade Acquisition
Lohrei - Regula/Wotherspoon

Having three top four quality defensemen on one side, spread out among all three pairs can be a good thing.
If you do sign Hanifin you could also look at trading McAvoy before his NMC-NTC kicks in. (Just saying)

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Oh so uprooting someone’s family is ok for lesser players?
I mean yeah kinda. Trades are part of the reality of the business, these guys get compensated better then most people could dream of to play a silly little game and one of the things that comes with that is having to potentially be included in trades.

BUT some guys just objectively mean more to an organization and fanbase then others, and those players earn the right to decide when they want to leave, and on top of that they usually negotiate that right into their contract by getting an NMC included. Like Chara did, which makes this entire conversation f***ing pointless.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
You’re right, Lindholm would be better to move if they wanted to go that route, for the reason you stated.

But, at least for the first couple of years, they could go:

Hanifin - McAvoy
Lindholm - FA or Trade Acquisition
Lohrei - Regula/Wotherspoon

Having three top four quality defensemen on one side, spread out among all three pairs can be a good thing.
Agreed. Although they’d need to insulate Lohrei for at least another season. He’s going to need a stay at home vet skating with him

Reactions: sarge88

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
probably not. But if Kuzy decides he doesn't want to report to the AHL maybe they come to a mutual termination.

Other then that the only way I take a flier on him in if the Caps pay for double retention, which would bring him cap hit to a smidge under 2mil.
True.

Honestly, if there was a way to make it work? I would definitely be interested.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Why?? Am I missing something, is Hanifin a right side dman? I assumed he was left side
No Hanifin is a LH defensemen. Just looking at all options if they do sign for him. Bruins would roughly have $24 million in 3 defensemen with NTC's That's roughly 29% of your cap.

McAvoy is a top 5 dman is the league, you don't trade that guy to make room for someone who is worse and older.
You do if you want a first line center and cap relief.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Chara ended up leaving a couple years later anyways. And yes keyword workplace because it’s a business. Those relationships don’t come to an end because a team or player moved on. These are adults they should understand. That entire narrative is so insanely overblown.

I mean does Taylor hall, David backes, etc now hold a grudge against the bruins for trading them and ruined all relations?
Taylor Hall was here for 2 and a half seasons. Backes was barely a useful player, do you really not see the difference between say trading Bergeron after 20 years of taking paycuts and building the culture vs trading someone like Derek Forbort?

Last edited:
Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

whatever team he’s going to in Florida I’m told he has agreed to do an extension (all that remains is the Flames to agree to the return)

The problem is both Florida & Tampa have bad prospects pools (Hockey News Future Watch received today has Florida 30 & Tampa 29 - Bruins 25)

Flames are threatening to send him somewhere else if they don’t pony up

It was Boston but those Tkachuk brothers ……

• Wow
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Makes you wonder what's Florida giving up, the flames already have their 2025 first and the Panthers don't have this years first. 2026 plus/plus ?
I don't know much about FLA's prospect pool, there might be some interesting pieces in the farm. But after Calgary got hosed on that Huberdeau deal, I have a hard time believing the Flames would prefer to deal with Florida on this one. Smells like Florida just raising the prices on their direct competitors.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't know much about FLA's prospect pool, there might be some interesting pieces in the farm. But after Calgary got hosed on that Huberdeau deal, I have a hard time believing the Flames would prefer to deal with Florida on this one. Smells like Florida just raising the prices on their direct competitors.
I think you nailed it! Along with Conroy possibly trying to put pressure on the likely suitors and after Markstrom publicly chastising Conroy, I think Craig maybe swinging for a Grandslam with the bases empty, should be interesting.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I really don’t want to face him more, he ramps his game up every time we play him. So if it is actually Florida or Tampa I’m gonna puke.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
FLA and TB vs a state like MA makes a ton of sense. Zero state income tax in FL vs 5% plus an additional 4% on earnings above $1m in MA. Granted, pro athletes would have to file returns and report earnings (and pay taxes) to the states to which they travel, but 41 games/year in FL makes a lot of financial sense if you’re a pro athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad