Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
If they thought they were contenders they would have already grabbed Nic Dowd and Jacob Middleton. But they know it’s an odd winning bridge year so my guess is they do nothing.

Reactions: Gordoff

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I know people that busy their asses their whole life working hard jobs in pines, oil fields, farming, military etc for an ok wage. Away from family and friends most of the year taking a toll on their minds and bodies.
Yes it would be tough to have to leave a city with your family as a hockey player but C'mon they are millionaires. They have trainers, psychologists, nutritionists, drive amazing cars and can afford a house we never will. I don't feel to heart broken for any of them to be honest. Maybe I'm insensitive but I also busy my ass for menial pay so I can pay for NHL centre ice, over pay for games, over pay for parking, over pay for jerseys just so they can be millionaires. No tears shed her man. I'd swap lives any day of the week and trade cities and teams yearly and be grateful for it.

They make more than you. That doesn't mean they don't feel the emotional strain any less than normal people when someone is faced with having to uproot and relocate their family, especially if it's one place they've been at for years. These are the top 1 percent of athletes in their profession - they also busted their ass all their lives to get to where they are. Maybe it's easy for certain people to stuff their ears with money and not give a shit but I don't think that's most people, athletes or regular workers.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
They make more than you. That doesn't mean they don't feel the emotional strain any less than normal people when someone is faced with having to uproot and relocate their family, especially if it's one place they've been at for years. These are the top 1 percent of athletes in their profession - they also busted their ass all their lives to get to where they are. Maybe it's easy for certain people to stuff their ears with money and not give a shit but I don't think that's most people, athletes or regular workers.
I get it and know they have feelings but not going to shed a tear because they have to move to another city. Profession they chose.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Talent wise, probably not, but he hasn't exactly looked great in his own end. Trouble with the puck quite a bit.
Without question, but u can see his game breaking ability and his escapability he displays at times is remarkable. It would be an easy choice for me to let him play through his warts, than having him lose ice-time to Forbort or Grizz.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
Couple things to chime in before the deadline:

Debrusk: Really hate to lose the player and think if he has been or is signed his production would go up. Really think its mental with him and it bears a lot of weight on his shoulders. With that being said, either way he has to produce more than he has. Sucks to say hes probably gone next year and think he will play very well for his new team

Grzelcyk: Again really loved the player and think he was undervalued here by many the last few seasons. This year has been different and think hes taken a significant step back. If we can get any value for him in draft capital I would move him at the deadline.

JVR: Better than expected this year and great contract value. Dont think we are resigning him, would offload him to a team for draft capital. Maybe you can flip that capital into a player you plan on extending

Reactions: bbfan419 and bme44

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Debrusk: Really hate to lose the player and think if he has been or is signed his production would go up. Really think its mental with him and it bears a lot of weight on his shoulders. With that being said, either way he has to produce more than he has. Sucks to say hes probably gone next year and think he will play very well for his new team

Grzelcyk: Again really loved the player and think he was undervalued here by many the last few seasons. This year has been different and think hes taken a significant step back. If we can get any value for him in draft capital I would move him at the deadline.

JVR: Better than expected this year and great contract value. Dont think we are resigning him, would offload him to a team for draft capital. Maybe you can flip that capital into a player you plan on extending
Regular season I have zero problem with him (until this year) - The playoffs, however, he's just bad.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Yeah, I suspect DeBrusk will go off after the TDL either on the Bruins or elsewhere. He just seems like he doesn't have enough control over how his emotions affect his productivity for this kind of job and the contract year is weighing on him. I think we forget how crazy high pressure this job is for guys. When I was 27 I was trying to avoid my boss knowing I might still be drunk from the night before and being late for team meetings was par for the course.

But, I'm not on board with just flipping guys for picks unless they plan on using the picks or cap space on assets that have value this year and the future. Shoot, I'd keep JVR around and staple him to Brazeau to teach him even if they were in the basement.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
If you are a team with a need and the draft capital to fill it, why would you go after JVR when there's someone better you can get long term?

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
maybe, but then why not do it yesterday. Save an extra day on his 30 day clock.
? thats not how a calendar works.

Seravelli saying the Hanifin camp are holding the Flames hostage on a trade.

so he's managing as much leverage as he can. maybe he can lower the bill enough to pull off the trade. Calgary wont let him walk for nothing. hmmmm

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
If you are a team with a need and the draft capital to fill it, why would you go after JVR when there's someone better you can get long term?
using that draft capital we get for a package for hanafin is what I was thinking

Yeah, I suspect DeBrusk will go off after the TDL either on the Bruins or elsewhere. He just seems like he doesn't have enough control over how his emotions affect his productivity for this kind of job and the contract year is weighing on him. I think we forget how crazy high pressure this job is for guys. When I was 27 I was trying to avoid my boss knowing I might still be drunk from the night before and being late for team meetings was par for the course.

But, I'm not on board with just flipping guys for picks unless they plan on using the picks or cap space on assets that have value this year and the future. Shoot, I'd keep JVR around and staple him to Brazeau to teach him even if they were in the basement.
JVR I can understand keeping for the playoffs and letting walk. If there is any value for Grz and he's not going to play in the playoffs might as well pick up the value

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Sounds similar to what Taylor Swift did as well. Maybe we can get him on the cheap if he really desires to play for the Bruins.,

giphy-downsized-large.gif

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
? thats not how a calendar works.
What do you mean? From the day we first called up Richard he had 10 games or 30 days on the NHL roster before becoming eligible for waivers. He's played 9 games, and has been on the roster for like 20 days.

If the point of assigning his to Prov is to keep him from becoming eligible for waivers, then why not send him down yesterday to save an extra day from his 30 days on the NHL roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad